It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ejected from Cafe for being Israeli

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I have to agree with the shopkeeper and the gov'ts of bolivia and venezuela. Some one has to stand up and make a statement.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The Human Rights Act is very clear on this form of discrimination.

ethnic or national origins (includes nationality and citizenship)

It dosen't matter that he dosen't like what happens in Gaza. This is New Zealand the law is the law (may be dumb) but still the law.

He is looking at a maximum fine of 200,000 NZD.

Also many people on the news tonight interviewed in the main street said they would not be eating at the cafe. His protest now could cost him his business....

IMO we don't need people like him in New Zealand.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

unless they were actuily supprting Israel and its strikes
i would have just let them be,
just goes to show some people will drop so low

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sweet. the girls must have had the most embarrisin moments of there life

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Cheers, but it was in Invercargill - about as a remote place away from the The Gaza Strip as one could get.

I actually agree with the cafe owner - it's their business, they have the final say on whom enters it.

If the boot was on the other foot, then I'm sure that this thread wouldn't exist.

Furthermore - big ups to the Cafe owner for being Muslim in Invercargill - and having the guts to open up a cafe in a renown redneck town.

As an aside - I quite like Invercargill. Thai Saigon on Dee Street is wonderful - probably the most southern Thai Restaurant in the world. Great entrees. Basic wine selection.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I won't be going to that cafe any time soon, I'd be tempted to make a 'No Jews' sign and putting it the window.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

IMO we don't need people like him in New Zealand.

But you are happy to accommodate Israelis complicit in the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians?

The cafe owner's actions were of an act of conscience and it could be argued that being forced to serve the enemies of the people of Gaza is an infringement of his human rights.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

why wasnt mr Tekinkaya protesting outside the embassy - as he feels so strongly about this issue ?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

why wasnt mr Tekinkaya protesting outside the embassy - as he feels so strongly about this issue ?

He was busy running his cafe while being up set about the killing of civilians in Gaza.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm a cafe owner. I have a couple of Jewish customers who frequent my business. On the window of my shop is a big sign advertising a Rally to be held to stop the war on Gaza. They still come in, My background is Palestinian I still serve them. They haven't said anything about the situation or the sign, except for one. His family lived in Palestine long before it became Israel. He's against what the Israelis have done there because he was born in the time of Palestine and hates what happened.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The Cafe owner could steer free by claiming he was to get them out of there because he had read in MSM that Hamas is to target Israelians all over world, so in order to save them he asked them to find another place.

Best regards.

Loke.

remember the sword has 2 egdes....

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated
I'm a cafe owner. I have a couple of Jewish customers who frequent my business. On the window of my shop is a big sign advertising a Rally to be held to stop the war on Gaza. They still come in, My background is Palestinian I still serve them. They haven't said anything about the situation or the sign, except for one. His family lived in Palestine long before it became Israel. He's against what the Israelis have done there because he was born in the time of Palestine and hates what happened.

I must give you kudos for standing up like that and also having jewish customers in your shop. I admire you for your diversity.

السلام عليكم

Loke.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
he should have fed them imo

it would have sent a much better message

That depends.
What does IMO stand for?

If it's Immolated Muslim Orphans they might enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I vehemently dislike what the Israeli government is doing, but this is sickening, you don't punish the people for what the government is doing, in fact, that's what Israel is doing with the Palestinians at the moment. Sure it's his right as a shopkeeper to serve who he wants, but this will just prolong the hatred and suspicion that is mutually present in the Israelis and Palestinians.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venit
I vehemently dislike what the Israeli government is doing, but this is sickening, you don't punish the people for what the government is doing, in fact, that's what Israel is doing with the Palestinians at the moment. Sure it's his right as a shopkeeper to serve who he wants, but this will just prolong the hatred and suspicion that is mutually present in the Israelis and Palestinians.

My point exactly. The actions of both these gov'ts are affecting the people and the continued division of these peoples will only continue to feed what the PTB desire. It's not going to end until the people stop this divisive crap. Stop allowing themselves to be manipulated.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see what he will do when Israelis come into his cafe and eat and refuse to leave when asked too....

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

Thank you. Your post was a breathe of fresh air.

I hope others will learn from your example.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

Exactly how I feel. He refused to honor the law of the nation where he has setup his business. He should be kicked out of New Zealand and on his way out told, "no discrimmies".

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated

You most likely also have a couple of Jewish lenders that helped you start your Cafe without even knowing it

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join