It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns Israel over aid ship interception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Iran warns Israel over aid ship interception

www.presstv.ir

A senior Iranian commander says if Israel continues intercepting humanitarian aid for Gazans, Iran will adopt an alternative approach.

After an Iranian ship, carrying food and medicine, was stopped 20 miles off the coast of Gaza, Brigadier General Mir-Faisal Baqerzadeh, Head of the Foundation for the Remembrance of the Holy Defense, hit out at Israel for committing a "war crime"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Iran will adopt "effective measures" to resolve the issue.
Now what the hell could this mean, what types of "effective measures" could Iran use to deliver Aid to Gaza.

When i first heard news that Iran was trying to send an aid ship to gaza I feared the worst. I dint know what either Israel or Iran would do. But this just makes things worse.

The people in Gaza need that Aid, Let the UN distribute it or get some way to get it to the people.
Iran is using this aid ship and the people of Gaza for another purpose.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

I have to agree with you. Iran should prove itself better than the Israeli scum and pass on the aid to the UN so they could then effectively distribute it to the poor, needy, injured and dying.

Kudos to Iran though, if this is a shipment of medical supplies then it proves to me that at least one nation on this bloody earth has the balls to shove a finger up to these genocidal swine and help their brethren.

Yet at the same time the US is sending weapons to the Israeli's, which in itself is nightmarish in its timing and anybody daring to question Iran over this should really be questioning themselves.

Already we have 1000+ dead, many from the effects of illegal weapons, yet the pro-Israeli crowd will no doubt shoot back at my post by claiming Iran are sabre rattling by daring to bring a ship into these waters.

GET AID TO THE DYING NOW!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

Iran should order Hamas to stop the rockets if it wants to stop the deaths. Then peace may be achieved. Then people will be saved.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
"IF" and I don't believe it, Iran really wanted to help................

Why did it not send planes loaded with aid to Egypt to be delivered.

Why did it not send it's "doctors"-
- through egypt???

If they did not have weapons/bombs and such they would.

Iran cares nothing about Gaza, it is only their excuse to start a war.

If it is only food and medicine, go through egypt or allow it to be inspected.

Since they won't we all know what this is about, sending weapons and bombs, not food or medicine.

Since Iran knows it can't take on Israel on it's own, it supplies Hamas and Hezbolla terrorists with weapons and in instructs their lapdog to do what they are too cowardly to do themselves.

Remember, if this is about aid, why not send it in like everyone else, through Egypt???
because they can't get weapons and bombs in, thats why.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I still think they should bring it to Somalia, since those people are willing to risk their lives as pirates and have been starving and at war much longer. I would have just an tiny bit more respect for Iran than.
Iran should be working with the UN, red cross and red crescent.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
*snip*

I will ignore your TAC breaking name calling.

I am working on humantiarn aid, unlike others.

I call on Iran to bring aid through egypt, like everyone else.

I point out the only reason to not do this is to cause more conflict as well as bringing weapons, not food in.

Since you don't agree with the simple checking, it seems to me that you know that it is simply a trick to get weapons/bombs from Iran to Hamas.

It occurs to me if you worked on resolving this insted of insulting me and supporting terrorists and their arms suppliers that are still getting people killed every day.

Hamas, unlike your post stated, has refused any peace or treaty.

You really must try harder to not post lies, knowlingy or not, just to try to prove your point.
( I will happy to show your posts that have been proven false, if you need)

Several times now, you false posts have been proven wrong/lies.

[edit on 1/14/2009 by mrmonsoon]

Mod Edit: Removed previously deleted post.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Mrmonsoon is correct! Aid should be delivered by plane to Egypt. Iran by sending a boat is being provocative. Just like suppltying Hamas in Gaza with weapons and training. Iran is playing a very dangerous game. When Iran gets bitten, please don't bark!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Aid should be delivered by plane to Egypt

Why should it?
Why can't it be delivered by ship?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

The point of by plane was to get the aid to those who need it as fast as possible, not on a slow boat.

I have stated many times in this post that the aid should go through egypt, no matter if it arrives by plane/boat/ or overland route in a truck.

One reasons to go to Gaza directly is to cause more unrest.

The only other reason is to avoid having the aid inspected.

We all know what would be found if it was.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild
[more
Where do you live? Do you follow the news? Israel are at war with Hamas. Gaza is a war zone. How can you expect Israel to let an Iranian ship dock in Gaza when Iran supplies Hamas with training, weapons and funding? This is like expecting Iran to let an Israeli ship to dock into Iranian controlled waters for its Arab minority. It just aint going to happen lol!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I am in the UK and checking the news, it seems it seems the ship will be going to Egypt.

Israel tells Iran aid ship for Gaza to leave: report

I wished I had checked it sooner as we seem to be having a pointless discussion.

So are all the weapons going to be discovered by the Egyptians?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
What seems to be pointless are hollow threats made by Iranian military men. Having your military commanders make comments about your countries strategic intentions to the international press is about as stupid and unprofessional as it gets, in any event.

The Iranians have zero ability to project their power beyond their own borders. With the price of oil falling as it is, their economic warfare option appear to be dwindling as well. They are a small dog, tied to a tree, yapping furiously from across the street. A minor annoyance, but certainly nothing to be concerned about......yet.

I'm also sure that the Iranian ship has zero weapons on board. The Israelis would love nothing more to capture such a ship in their territorial waters, and expose it's deadly cargo to the world media, while simultaneously castigating the Iranian government for supporting international terrorism. The Iranians may be irrational fanatics, but they are not that dumb. They would rather play the role of innocent guy being roughed up by the neighborhood bully.

But this threat from Iran is pretty laughable. What are they going to do against the Israelis that they aren't already doing now?

What I would wager money on is this: a terrorist attack against an Israeli embassy, major business, or some place where Israelis / jews gather on vacation or holiday.....an attack carried out by muslim extremists....funded by the IRGC. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that one is coming soon...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Iran has already sent a cargo plane with aid to Egypt to be sent to Gazza,this was before the ship that carries a lot more!

Just thought I would let you know before the few here spread lies

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Let's all bash Iran. If we would've supported Iran instead of bashing it all the time it could have been an almost westernized nation by now. Heck they even have more rights for women than Saudi Arabia and they are a democracy. Women in Iran can be teachers and Police officers in Saudi Arabia they can not. And still we bash Iran all the time because the media tells us to. I admit Iran is a lost cause by now but it's our own fault because we where bashing them all the time. And you know why? Because their leaders don't crawl into our leaders asses like the Saudi Arabian leaders do. If we do not have an enemy we do a good job creating them.

new topics

top topics

join