It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails in my neighborhood

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctordoom
Maybe you should take a second look of your research.

Excuse me? I actually do this for a living, its not research, its common knowledge

If the atmosphere is supersaturated, there will be big giant storm clouds, not the hazy smog and thin whispy clouds that seem to have become acceptable to people.

Ever heard of a dry thunderstorm? The atmopshere does not have to be supersaturated for that to occur and they do not produce rain

www.suite101.com...

Do you even know what supersaturation means? Well because you obviously dont know here's the definition

supersaturation—1. In meteorology, the condition existing in a given portion of the atmosphere (or other space) when the relative humidity is greater than 100%, that is, when it contains more water vapor than is needed to produce saturation with respect to a plane surface of pure water or pure ice.

Ice, being contrails, or cirrus clouds (those wispy one that you obviously dont know the correct term for), can supersaturate withouteasily without the atmosphere below it being moist. In meteorology we talk about parcels of air within the atmosphere at which three types of cloud occur at three different altitudes. Fir example, you can get cumulus cloud at 3,500 feet with nothing below it meaning the atmosphere at 3500 feet could be supersaturated. With that in mind you can have cirrostratus, cirrocumulus or cirrus clouds covering the entire sky at 35,000ft with nothing below them (like you normally see preceding a cold front) indicating a dry lower atmosphere and moist upper atmosphere

It is clear you know nothing about basic meteorology or chemistry, and I bet you couldnt even describe the cloud types, how they occur, what they look like, and what weather is associated with them

amsglossary.allenpress.com...

[edit on 18/1/2009 by OzWeatherman]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join