It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shipping rates hit zero - meaning? Go get shopping now for goods needed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

in a OP caption we find the following:

... It became difficult for the shippers to obtain routine letters of credit at the height of financial crisis over the autumn, causing goods to pile up at ports even though there was a willing buyer at the other end. Analysts say this problem has been resolved, but ...

which translates to me as, the bankers ~who issue these letters-of-credit~ are deliberately bringing commerce to a standstill=>
just as they have already caused the freeze-up of the credit machanisms !

even after shaking down central banks & the US Fed Reserve for
multi billions in actual cash and trillions in 'guarantees' and loans &
'swaps' of some toxic assets for Treasury bonds & notes.
(remember last Sept. '08, at the onset of the financial crisis,,,, the USA Federal Reserve/Treas. sent some $620billion to many G-7 nations,
for the purpose of attempting to mollify the situation:
that situation being the USAs capitalist banks
of their part in creating [fons et origo] the global credit freeze-up,
by issuing faulty debt products that were in turn given faulty AAA ratings)

You... try to imagine a remedy, you'll find there is none,

other than permitting the globalist bankers to take over the day-to-day actions of governments.
the tournequet around our necks is being tightened

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
To see the reality of this OP, all one has to do is walk through your local big box or grocery store - there is a lot of empty shelf space. I think the credit/shipping correlation is starting to make it's way down to the consumer level in a big way.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
To see the reality of this OP, all one has to do is walk through your local big box or grocery store - there is a lot of empty shelf space. I think the credit/shipping correlation is starting to make it's way down to the consumer level in a big way.

I think stores are ordering less too, regardless if their credit has been cut. If stuff sits on shelves too long, it will just have to be put on clearance and that equals a loss for the store.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join