It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daughter Sold For Beer, Cash and Meat - BTS MIX 40

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This week on the 40th edition of the BTS MIX Show, Spencer and Doc wonder what is wrong with people and why a man would sell his daughter for meat and beer, discuss why cheese is gross and get totally pumped for the new TV shows that are coming out this week. Tune in to all of these topics, discussion and, of course, the BTS MIX screen test!

Breaking General News » Man Sells Daughter for Cash, Beer, Meat
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Food and Cooking » Cheese — it's grosser than you thought

Television » What Would You Ban From TV?
- Hide quoted text -

General Chit Chat » Can You Smell That???

Breaking General News » Dead baby hidden in plane hand luggage

General Chit Chat » Most Loved and Hated avatars

Music » French Pop/Rock Anthems

General Chit Chat » Happy Birthday AccessDenied !!!

General Chit Chat » Who's your celebrity double?

BTS MIX Number 40, with Spencer Tracy and Doc Hancock, from AboveTopSecret.com.
Show length is 29:20.
Direct link to show MP3 file: atsmix_3188.mp3 (10 mb)
Subscribe to BTS MIX in your favorite MP3 utility/player: BTS MIX RSS feed
Subscribe to BTS MIX in iTunes for your iPod: BTS MIX iTunes feed

BTS MIX is the alternative entertainment program from AboveTopSecret.com, all content is copyright (2009) by AboveTopSecret.com and The Above Network, LLC, all rights reserved. No content of the program may be rebroadcast in part or in whole from any web domain other than ATSMIX.com or ABOVETOPSECRET.com without prior written permission of The Above Network, LLC.

[edit on 1/14/2009 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Congratulations on a great show guys.... keeps getting better and better.

Dave

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hi guys, MaTeO here, just listened to the show, great as always, for the screen test....its gotta be Clint Eastwood right?-MaTeO-

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Oh, btw I've met alot of Gypsies over the years. Hangin out at the pool hall and such. I was suprised to find out that in their culture the guy pays the womens father of who he wants to merry. The more appealing to the eyes a women is the more money the father wants from the would be husband...They do alot of things that would suprise alot of people though...Buying their wives is just one of them. I wouldn't be suprised if both the guy who sold the girl and the buyer in the story from the podcast are both Gypsies.-MaTeO

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaTeO
Hi guys, MaTeO here, just listened to the show, great as always, for the screen test....its gotta be Clint Eastwood right?-MaTeO-

Correct! Good job and everyone else, there are still points out there for part 2 of the BTS Screen Test question!

As for your second post, I believe that the guy was an illegal but I'm unsure from where he was.

Congrats again and our lovely Asala will award your points.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Spencer Tracy]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaTeO
Oh, btw I've met alot of Gypsies over the years. Hangin out at the pool hall and such. I was suprised to find out that in their culture the guy pays the womens father of who he wants to merry. The more appealing to the eyes a women is the more money the father wants from the would be husband...They do alot of things that would suprise alot of people though...Buying their wives is just one of them. I wouldn't be suprised if both the guy who sold the girl and the buyer in the story from the podcast are both Gypsies.-MaTeO

I haven't met any gypsies in the UK but I know of that practice , or at least heard about it.
It's a shame the Dowry system isn't widespread to all over cultures, I'd be due a large refund from the wife's family...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Haha, thats funny brother! -MaTeO

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yeah this is stupid.This Father is a sickening excuse for a parent.
But what im thinking is, the young guy, was probably already getting it on with the girl.
She was almost 15 he was just turned 18.
And then he asked the Dad if he could marry her.
And the Dad is like oh yer ya can if you give me beer and money and BEEF!
And the young guy said ok and then tried but he couldn't get enough resources to be able to come up with that much.
That's when the Dad went nutty.
Some people just don't deserve to be called human beings I think.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by BorgHoffen]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations ATS Members,
Oaxacan Indigenous Communities - An Contemporary Overview....
The Oaxacan are an indigenous people from Southern Mexican State of Oaxaca. One of the most exquisite cultures of Ancient America.
Despite the hardships of extreme poverty, the Mixtecs/Oaxacans have maintained their cultural integrity. Drawing upon their language, religion, native social and political organization, and extensive knowledge of the plant and animal worlds. The Oaxacan generate the means necessary to ensure cultural survial under conditions of extreme hardship.
Oaxaca, created the Mesoamerica Calendar. Found was Hieroglyphic writings indicating several names for the days in the 260-day count so fundamental to Maya thought.
The Oaxacans brought about; Ceramics, Temple Frescoes at Tucum, Pictorial manuscripts, Social Rank, Economic advantage, and 10,000-years of History...
The Oaxaca Highlands are in the Sierra Madre del Sur, it's steep escarpment fronting the Pacific Shoreline in Southern Mexico. In the Highlands, the earliest firmly dated 'Maize-Cob' was found in Guila Naquitz Cave in Oaxaca, was dated to 4300 B.C. Domesticated Squash (Cucurbita Pepo) as early as 8000 B.C. The squash is a distant relative of today's pumpkin. Diet was heavy in vegetable foods which came from domesticated plants. The 'Bottle-Gourd' appeared by about 6500 B.C.
The designed Olmec Figurines, small mirrors, some very convex, poilished from Iro-Ore nodes, traded from distant areas like the Highlands of Oaxaca.
Understanding the Oaxacan Indigenous Culture....
Strict Community Participation! Males are the Partriarchs of their society. Males 18-years and older maintain the Community. Non-paid positions for one to three years. Such as Mayors, Police, Principles, Teachers, etc.
Second poorest of populations. Indigenous referral is Mixtecos. Isolated from Government. They practice the Catholic religion, brought by the Spaniards.
Family Values....
Support within their own community. Young girls marry older established men, normally between the ages of 13 to 14 years. Arranged marriages for money and/or other gains. Divorced and Seperation are not allowed! Intimate relationships and/or interaction is rare! Hard to Trust people. Taken advantage of by whites. Numerous problems due to language barriers. Translating is rare both written and orally. Speaking Spanish and/or Mexican isn't accepted nor understood. Labor violations are common, such as non-payment and/or abuses by Federal and State Governments. Discipline methods include physical punishments and yelling. Children learn from school and others, to turn their parents into Law Enforcement for minor cultural offenses. Conversation is IMPORTANT, along with RESPECT! Visual is as-well important. They DON'T like to read! TRUST - A Golden Rule!!! Once broken cannot be regained. Documentation, Certificates, etc., is as-well a learned process. They don't attend outside of their community social functions, parties, etc. Basketball is their noted Cultural Sport!!!
If your wondering as to why I am posting this information regarding this beautiful Culture, it is solely based upon my Research of some five years now in order that I will have the Book of Mormon translated into their Language of which there are fifteen different Dialects, which in and of themselves have been a major work. Having the approval of the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, along the B.Y.U., Language Department, and having spent numerous months in the Highlands of Oaxaca, I have come to a basic understanding of this Culture.
This incident that took place was in Greenfield, California about twelve miles from my home. I have first hand knowledge of this particular family woes due in part to the inept Law Enforcement and their inappropriate mishandling of this matter, due in part to the Language and Cultural barrier that exists. C.T.R., Elder1952

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Elder1952]

new topics

top topics

join