It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pardon Lite: Obama's defacto partnership with Bush's War Crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So the proof is in the pudding and the destruction of our foundational principle that our form of governance rests upon the rule of law is now nearly complete.

Turley: Obama 'owns' Bush 'war crimes' if he looks the other way

President George W. Bush's offhand acknowledgement in an interview Sunday with Fox's Brit Hume that he personally authorized the waterboarding of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed may create thorny legal and moral problems for incoming President Barack Obama.

Constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley told MSNBC's Keith Olbermann on Monday, "We now have President Bush speaking quite candidly that he was in the loop, we have Dick Cheney who almost bragged about it. The question for Barack Obama is whether he wants to own part of this by looking the other way."

Obama told ABC's George Stephanopoulos on Sunday, "We have not made final decisions, but my instinct is for us to focus on how do we make sure that moving forward we are doing the right thing. That doesn't mean that if somebody has blatantly broken the law, that they are above the law. But my orientation's going to be to move forward."

In other words, he intends to look the other way if he can get away with it.

We already know what Congress' position has been:

Conyers Explains Why He Hasn't Impeached

And we know what Cheney thinks:

See also Democrats in Congress Pick Bush Over Human Rights Groups

:shk:

I wonder how long it really will take for the bulk of Obama supporters to wipe the unquestioning adoration from their eyes before they realize their agent of change is only a marginal difference from much of the nonsense suffered by this nation over the last eight years?

Good luck America. We are gonna need it, in my view.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by loam]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ever a popular position...attacking the respective "heroes" of the left and the right...

Too funny.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by loam]

join