It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Sclerosis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This past week I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Which is basically a disease where the nervous system slowly deteriorates. I was wondering if anyone else here has this and how they are coping? Also what were the first symptoms they displayed that made them lead to a diagnosis?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I am a caregiver for someone with MS. Research "mycoplasma".

There was a small study I read. Less than a hundred people had their MS reversed, after two years, through chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant. The chemo alone has about a 3% risk of death.

You would do well to boost your immune system now and not later. Eat less red meat, refined flour, refined sugar, and GM corn. Get moderate aerobic exercise daily if you can. Also, if you smoke, quit! I read a study years ago where male smokers were twice as likely to develop MS over the rest of the population. Female smokers were three times as likely to develop MS. Also most street drugs will negatively impact your immune system. I recommend you get some Ester-C and take it daily. This should help as well. Also reducing your caloric intake can induce a macrophage response in your immune system which can be healthy if properly regulated.

Hope this was insightful.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Both of my aunts have MS. One passed away 2 years ago and one just got diagnosed with MS. She started having numbness in the face and her eyes became crossed. They first thought she had cancer because of the lesions on her brain. They did an MRI and found out she had MS. That is about all I know if you want to know more U2U me and I could find out more about what she is going through. Maybe something could help you out.

join