It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Rumsfield's company sold North Korea nuke stations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Much the same way that Dick Cheney sold equipment to Axis of Evil member Iraq as CEO of Halliburton and made millions for himself and shareholders while circumventing US law, Don Rumsfield was the point man in securing nuke plant sales for a global company, ABB, to another Axis of Evil member, North Korea. Both were given huge golden handshakes for trading on their government influence peddling prior to their latest job in the Bush White House; Rumsfield cashed out nearly $100 million.

Here's the news from the company web site....read it before it's scrubbed!!!!!!!

"ABB, the global technology group, said today it has signed contracts to deliver equipment and services for two nuclear power stations at Kumho, on the east coast of North Korea. The contracts, with a value of US$ 200 million, were awarded by HANJUNG (Korea Heavy Industries and Construction Co. Ltd.) and KOPEC (Korea Power Engineering Corp.). "

www.abb.com...!OpenDatabase&db=/global/ABBZH/abbzh250.nsf&v=c&e=us&c=316DCEEDCA12D32E4125686C00433604

"ABB today said the Board of Directors will propose changes in its membership at the annual general meeting of shareholders on March 20, as well as a share split to improve the liquidity of ABB�s shares. The company said that Donald Rumsfeld has resigned his membership on the Board as a result of his recent appointment as U.S. Secretary of Defense."

www.abb.com...!OpenDatabase&db=/global/abbzh/abbzh250.nsf&v=553E&e=us&c=D0E90B053BD5AA65C12569F8002A7CB5

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Out of curiosity - were those nuke plants the 'safe nuke' plants that we were going to build them?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I believe they are Bob. They aren't capable of producing significant amounts weapons grade plutonium. There only use is power generation.
Of course people are going to scream bloody murder, but the facts speak for themselves.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
..and wasn't that the deal under President Clinton to give them a means of power in exchange for not trying to aquire WMDs? I hardly think an American company could make a transaction like that, especially with an administration which demonized the private sector anyway, without appoval. But I guess it Bush's fault. I can't get the link to work so if I'm wrong, I'll gladly admit it.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
in the end they are all friends, u can see them making wars and so, but in reality the all shake hands together and they follow the rules from the same boss, so first they provide the weapons, to later blame for terrorist and evil...
Really hypocrite, and more for the own population of the country, imagine telling them to make a war fow WMD, but then telling afterwards that those were sold by them!!!!! i really flip out how easy u can get this info and not get completely mad from it, politicians are just puppets, and the elititsts are laughing at hour faces EVERY SINGLE DAY!!
When are we gonna stop all this BS?!?!?!?!?!

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think we are talking about power generation and not weaponry.

new topics

top topics

join