It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Consider Legal Action After Autistic Girl, 8, Arrested at School

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
reply to post by sputniksteve

One more point. You are the one who threw the little sarcastic poke at me about objectivity which is why I responded the way I did.Now you claim your lucky I'm not physically abusing you. From the way you're responding You seem like one of those people I stated before. First to run their mouths and when it gets them in trouble, are making accusations and calling for help.Regardless your argument alone is against the girl and in favor of everyone who commited the acts. If you think not, go back and read your posts.

I won't respond to you anymore because it seems like you're upset. I don't want the emotion police beating down my door. If you don't want a debate (which is the educated manipulative word for argument) Then you could have simply ignored my comment.

[edit on 15/1/2009 by Revealation]

Well it is nice to have a discussion that is a little more toned down. However somehow you are either not reading my words or refuse to see past the judgement that you have already made about me personally. Saying I sympathize with the faculty and police is just ignorant, as I have no where said anything even close to that. I simply stated that suing the pants off of everyone is exactly what is wrong with this society today. You argue that it serves to teach them a lesson, yet you preach about people being too quick to be judge and executioner. To say that I "ran my mouth, then called for help" is ridiculous. You were the one threatening violence, not me remember?

How does financial gain help this little girl through this trauma? It doesn't, period. It just serves a vindictive pleasure. Most likely these faculty will be fired from their jobs anyway, so either way they probably won't be in a position to abuse another child. But just for satisfaction of your anger you hope that they are also bankrupt along with jobless. Personally I have more compassion for everyone in the situation, especially the little girl.

To simply make a statement about the lack of responsibility and values of children today, does not constitute me "rooting" for the adults involved. I honestly believe that there is too much coddling going on of today's youth, and some parents accept that they will forever stand in and make excuses for their ill-behaved children. Flat out if this was my daughter, she would get a spanking right before she got a hug and an "I love you". Either way she acted out in a manner that was inappropriate, and I would explain that to her. I would not tell her it was all their fault and the bad guys will pay with their mortgages. I would simply explain the situation to her and show her why things happened the way they did.

Sputniksteve
"I said it was the failure of the school for not calling the parent immediately. I think it is an absolute travesty that this happened, and If I was any of the adults involved I would be ashamed of myself"

Originally posted by Revealation
reply to post by sputniksteve

(EDIT to ADD)......

Originally posted by sputniksteve
You have made a whole lot of assumptions in your argument, most of which are pretty unfounded considering we only have 3 pages of story to look at and no other sources.

Is this hypocrisy I detect. From the quotes from your own post(I listed below in case you forgot) you seem to have used this as the basis of your own argumentive assumptions.

If you read the article you would see that the child was pinching, spitting, kicking at the adults involved.

And if you read the article you would know that this all happened because the child refused to listen to directions and decided taht she would go to the party anyway, even though she was told to sit in a room for not following a simple direction.

[edit on 15/1/2009 by Revealation]

I'm sorry man but I see no hypocrisy in these statements. I have made no assumptions, I have talked about the story involved and what was said happened. I mean I took those words directly out of the story, did you even read it all or just the excerpts? After that I gave my opinion and offered up some suggestions for solutions. I can understand if you don't agree with my opinion or my possible solutions, but you have somehow made this personal and act like I am somehow responsible for this whole mess. In fact you even suggested that I myself was guilty of something similar. Seriously who is being hypocritical here? I hate to say it but possibly that lack of an high school education may hinder your ability to think critically here and see the picture for what it is. It's not fair to blame me for this however for speaking "manipulatively" when I am speaking plain English.

One thing I think we can both agree on though. Your right I don't like you when your angry.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join