It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolivia cuts Israel ties over Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Bolivia cuts Israel ties over Gaza

english.aljazeera.net

Evo Morales, the president of Bolivia, says he is breaking off ties with Israel in protest against its war in Gaza, which has left more than 1,000 Palestinians dead.

Morales said on Wednesday that he would seek to get top Israeli officials, including Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, charged with "genocide" in the International Criminal Court.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wow, at last someone in the world is doing the right thing.

Maybe if some bigger countries like France, Russia, China, Japan, Australia did the same thing it would open up the eyes of the State of Isreal to what they are doing.

Evo Morales should also include George Bush and company on the list for their genocide around the world.

The United Nations should impose santions on Isreal. And move peace keeping forces into the area.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

well in the United states they give Medals to tyrents
look at Blair and that kowala of an ex PM of Australia.
so i wouldnt be supprised if they dont invite omart and give him one,

France is to much of a pansy and only act big because they are following the US around their latest stance has shown that the way their Views have changed in the political arena,

Germany gets the guilt trip played on them from what their grandparents did

UK well our leaders are so Far up the Bush administrations right side, i would be supprised if they can see the light of Day.
and the opasition to labout being conservative are Pro zionest so i wouldnt be supprised if David cameron supported israel even if they caused a second holocaust.

The United nations has no teath as Israel has the US and if not UK to Veto all resolutions against them using the anti semetic card. if all the resolutions went they would suprpass post war Iraq and Iran.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wasn't the Israeli ambassador to Cuba recently kicked out of that country as well?

Edit: Nevermind--I'm thinking of Venezuela. My mistake.

[edit on 14/1/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Every time I read about what Bolivia and what Evo Morales is doing there, I smile because it gives me hope that there are good leaders out there. Hopefully, more countries begin doing the same, slowly pushing Israel to once again be alone and isolated.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Riviera

Maybe we should get him to help us fight the NWO. All we need is one country to all move to.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I hope people don't underestimate the importance of this. Bolivia has had very close ties with Israel over the years. Morales, contrary to popular American belief, is not a "leftist". He's a pragmatist in a sea of left wing politics.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

You first; I'll follow after a few years, hold your breath though I might be there at any time and you won't even know it!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Not much of a surprise, Chávez & Morales are practically blood brothers. Though this might just be the beginning of a latin american stand/revolution against what Chávez, borrowing from Chomsky, referred to as the "Hegemony".

So the current count is up to 3 countries that have cut ties with Israel over their current dealings with the Palestinians...

Venezuela, South America

Bolivia, South America

Mauritania, Africa

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hopefully the shelling of the UN bulinding in Gaza will open other countries eyes.

join