It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they hate the West so much, we will ask

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

This is another must read article of Robert Fisk on Gaza massacre. I am always amazed of the naivity of some Western people, if they say " we don't understand this hate?" This opinion is based on a long history of colonial thought and hides this hidden judgment: -These people in orient and east behave always with emotions, and their acts are mostly determined by hate. On the contrary, we westerns calculate our acts with a correct use of reasoning, and this is why we are so powerful-
This is also the logic of any "Shock and Awe" or "preemptive strikes" we experienced and experience. Thankfully, both in "west" and "east" are still people, who try to analyse things not one sided and try to understand the "other". Thanks Fisk

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
They hate us because we won't leave them alone to get on with what they want to do. No matter what our opinion is of how they do things, be it political, social, religious or other, we shouldn't force our policies on them just because we think they are wrong. If we just left them alone to do as they wish we would be fine.

Don't get me wrong, I can see the validity in jumping to the rescue when they are stoning people to death or killing off people because of their race/religion/sex, but our last few trips to the east have been about oil or chocolate or whatever the Bushes want.

new topics

join