It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans - Has anything changed yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I was wondering if any ATSers are from New Orleans and could they update us with that latest news.

Has anything happened?

Are people allowed back into their homes?

Are the poorer people allowed back into the Projects?

Are homes being re-built?

Have those who lost everything due to the levy collapse been compensated?

It's been a while since I have heard anything...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm from Thibodaux, which is about 45 mins. away from New Orleans. The situation there was made worse by all the illegals that came after Katrina to work on rebuilding. The hospitals that were funded by the state started to get overwhelmed and almost ran the state broke at one point. The gang violence has decreased a bit and is on a steady decline. The poor people are still around but that's of their own fault. Too many people in New Orleans were sitting around on their asses waiting for a hand out and still are. The ones that took charge of their life are back on their feet and are almost done putting things together. It is the most dangerous city in America right now, but you can contribute that to the overwhelming corruption in the states government over the years. Give Bobby Gindal two to four years and he will have New Orleans back to what it should be. Big shout out to all my Crazy Cajuns out there!

join