It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Medics Say Death Toll In Offensive Over 1,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

GAZA, Jan 14 (Reuters) - The number of Palestinians killed in a 19-day-old Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip reached at least 1,000 on Wednesday, including hundreds of civilians, officials in the Hamas-run Health Ministry in the enclave said.

The figures, in common with previous counts, are subject to the difficulties of counting and verification in the chaos of the war. Israeli officials have given no firm casualty toll for Palestinians but say troops have killed hundreds of militants.

At least 10 people, including at least four militants, were killed on Wednesday, medics said. Bodies were also retrieved from past attacks. It took the total death toll to 1,010, said Muawiyah Hassanein, head of the ministry's ambulance service.

www.alertnet.org...

My Open Question To Israeli Ministry,

Is 1000 dead enough to assure, that there will come more greater war in near future... Is 20 Days of terror enough to guarantee, that your message is heard all over Muslim world?

You are ready for war - we know it already, everyone knows that.

Enough is enough!

- I think your goals are achieved already.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

GAZA, Jan 14 (Reuters) - The number of Palestinians killed in a 19-day-old Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip reached at least 1,000 on Wednesday, including hundreds of civilians, officials in the Hamas-run Health Ministry in the enclave said.

The figures, in common with previous counts, are subject to the difficulties of counting and verification in the chaos of the war. Israeli officials have given no firm casualty toll for Palestinians but say troops have killed hundreds of militants.

At least 10 people, including at least four militants, were killed on Wednesday, medics said. Bodies were also retrieved from past attacks. It took the total death toll to 1,010, said Muawiyah Hassanein, head of the ministry's ambulance service.

www.alertnet.org...

Is 1000 dead enough to assure, that there will come more greater war in near future... Is 20 Days of terror enough to guarantee, that your message is heard all over Muslim world?

Enough is enough!

Wow, Hammas news service. No bias there.

FYI. 10,000-100,000 dead will only upset you and your ilk. Not Hammas. They will let as many Gazans die as necessary to get their point.

Hammas is the bought and paid for hooker for Iran. Hammas does NOTHING without Iran giving the go ahead.

This is a proxy war for all of the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Hammas is the bought and paid for hooker for Iran. Hammas does NOTHING without Iran giving the go ahead.

It seems you dont know much about Middle East politics. Hamas is a Sunni organization and Iran is Shiite country. Do you know what these mean?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

www.alertnet.org...

Enough is enough!

FYI. 10,000-100,000 dead will only upset you and your ilk. Not Hammas. They will let as many Gazans die as necessary to get their point.

Do you know who created HAMAS? Its no conspiracy or secret, everyone knows, you know.

As far as "letting Gazans die to prove a point", well you know as well as I do, that HAMAS is no match for the Israeli military, so it would seem they will let them die regardless, dont you think?

Of course to you its no longer Israel killing civilians.... its more like HAMAS is letting Israel kill civilians..... which in turn would mean that Palestinians let Israel kill Palestinian civilians, to you of course. Crazy, that people find a way to blame the victim, in this case Palestinian civilians, for whats happening to them. It's like the guy that said the Holocaust never happened because really the Jews planned it. Crazy... no?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

www.alertnet.org...

Enough is enough!

Yeah well if Hamas doesn't fight back for the Palestinians then who will?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

How Israel has succeed with its military in this operation? Firing projectiles from 10 km distance its not an achievement, just bloody work. 19 Days, and Israel havent done any notable progress in their advantage to center of Gaza. They are still bombing those suburb areas 5-7 km from city centers.

Thet are "stuck in the mud", and Hamas keeps good resistance on; Thats a fact. If you look news, yes... very much progress made, but when you turn GAZA TV on, and check out alternative channels... They are still in starting positions. Gaza aint no Baghdad this time.

- And about Hamas - I have educate my self, and I know that Hamas is supported by Israel against PLO in origins.

"FALSE FLAG GOALS"

- About "securing Israeli civilians from Hamas rockets"... (Thats 911 Alquaida - Osama stuff, you know?) Pure propaganda and bull#.

If they want to secure from rocket leaving Gaza, how about deploying Anti-mortar and Anti-rocket batteries around now tightly surrounded city?

Pentagon Fast-Tracks Mortar Defense System
www.foxnews.com...
www.google.fi... g=AFQjCNG-Hjc-CKafJqolc5I3rT72IGHQFw&sig2=XeSoiy2nctJ8yTPN_XKkDA

And look this video...
www.videosift.com...

Just google the facts - and dont fall to propaganda bias. USA and Israel has all what is needed to stop those rockets from leaving, or hitting targets, but is that really what they wants?

[edit on 14-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal

It seems you dont know much about Middle East politics. Hamas is a Sunni organization and Iran is Shiite country. Do you know what these mean?

This doesn't matter to Iran.

Iran will support anyone who opposes Israel. Iran is into anything that will somehow benefit Iran. Much like a tick that will suck blood from any warm blooded animal just for a meal.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Iran is into anything that will somehow benefit Iran. Much like a tick that will suck blood from any warm blooded animal just for a meal.

You could substitute any country in the world for Iran.... that doesn't make them evil just... human. So all you've done is successfully describe the human condition. Iran's, "evilness" if you will, is the subject of another debate.

[edit on 1/14/2009 by 3vilscript]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Oh you guys...

How about thinking with your own brains for a while?

"Yeah, lets bomb all Iraq-ns, and all of them - and them, and them... Then I can have my Doublecheeceextraburger in peace."

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Iran will support anyone who opposes Israel. Iran is into anything that will somehow benefit Iran. Much like a tick that will suck blood from any warm blooded animal just for a meal.

This description reminded me another country, which has a label "super power". Guess which one

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Hamas, Israel accepts Egypt's Gaza ceasefire plan!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It means you are clueless...

Iran Supports Hamas, but Hamas Is No Iranian 'Puppet'

article

Ahmadinejad: Iran will support Hamas until collapse of Israel

article

You are embarrassing yourself...stop.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

This description reminded me another country, which has a label "super power". Guess which one

You're not implying that it is the U.S. of A are you?? Yes, you can stick just about any country into my little comment. That was not my point.

To put my point back into CONTEXT as it relates to the comment regarding Shiite (Iran) and Sunni (Hamas). Iran supports Hamas even though they are Sunni. You get the picture??

As to evilness of Iran.... I don't think the Iranian citizens are evil. Unfortunately, the have a rogue leader who has everyone living in fear. He is evil. It would be safe to assume that the majority of Iranian citizens would love to see him go bye-bye.

top topics

join