It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy and Double Standards of Some Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
I must admit I think the hypocrisy and double standards of some Americans quite incredulous. Here we have a group of individuals who scream and rant about their right to bear arms and the right to defend themselves either at home or abroad but yet deny those same rights to others.

What is their problem, are they just too stupid ignorant and arogant or is it something else. How can one have the viewpoint of stating that if they were attacked by their Government, military police or from external forces they would fight back. These proud and patriotic Americans constantly talk about all their guns how big they are and all the rest of it and what they would do come sit x but yet when others do the same they are wrong.

Why is it other people be they Palestinians, Iraqis or Afganis when they decide to exercise their rights they are wrong. Oh and there just not wrong, they are fanatics, terrrorists, insurgents, rag heads, sub human, wise words indeed from the knuckle dragging classes of America. So why the double standard? Why is it that some Americans think its proud to stand up for your rights freedom and liberty but then state otherwi+se to others.

I know education standards are falling in the US and most of the people don't travel abroad but there must be some reason for this attitude. Could it just be the media and brainwashing works, no it cannot be that as these people know about rights etc. so what could it be, superiority over others possibly.

Or maybe these people are just plain ignorant knuckle dragging morons but whatever there must be a reason, an answer to this hypocrisy and double standard. Perhaps if such people could explain their views and stance then the rest of us could understand.

Thanks for classifying some of my fellow Americans as being all the same and having the same agenda/level of education/arm length because they support gun laws in America.

However, this is a nice thread to start fights with.

Good job on that account.

Edited to show "some".

[edit on 19-1-2009 by wdkirk]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join