It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy and Double Standards of Some Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Are Israeli civilians attacking residents in the Gaza Strip? If no, then I don't support firing rockets/mortars/etc... at Israelis.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Mr Penny, I think Wayno's comments are based on the facts we have. When 75-80% (initially) of the population back the Governments on the bogus WOT it would indicate that the masses agree with their Government does it not. Therefore one is not using a wide brush but merely pointing to what actually goes on.

The fact that Ameicans don't travel and see the World through Faux news paints a very different picture to the real reality. But in the past many Americans have stated they are proud to stand up and fight against the aggressor and for invidual liberty and freedom. What has happened in the US to change this. Surely the people have not been so easily brainwashed by the corrupt Government and the sewer that you call the media?

Can it be possible that from 9/11 American attitudes have changed so drastically, I don't really think so so there must be another mechanism at play so what could it be. Why are there so many Americans here on ATS displaying such open hatred and racism to a group of people that have done them no harm are no threat to them and never could be. Where do these feelings and views come from.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
But in the past many Americans have stated they are proud to stand up and fight against the aggressor and for invidual liberty and freedom.

I for one am not going to stand up and fight for any organization's (read...Hamas) liberty and freedom, when they display astonishing stupidity and disregard for civilians.

You're close to the general sense of an "American Attitude"....but many of us also aren't stupid. Many of us follow the process back to fundamental levels and can't help but place a huge amount of blame on Hamas, due to their unbelievably stupid acts of provocation. They handed Israel a reason to start military action. It's inconceivable that they were completely oblivious to the potential for devastating results. Then they have the chutzpah to cry and moan about the consequences. I cannot support that type of willful disregard for their constituents. And frankly, I lay the blame for every civilian's death in this latest round of violence right on Hamas' doorstep.

And I don't think I'd have any issue with your input if you could even entertain the idea that Hamas has a huge responsibility in the current situation. It would also help if your rhetoric was significantly toned down....there is no "slaughter" occurring in the Gaza Strip,....your characterization of it with those terms is simply over-the-top hyperbole.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Mr Penny, A question, who are the terrorists? And and as far as Gaza is concerned I would say over 5k dead and injured a slaughetr bearing in mind that most of the casulties are innocent men women and children who are not combatents.

In another sense if there was a similar engaement in Iraq and 5k American servicemen and women were killed and injured what would the press call it or anyone else for that matter.

To the above question, their are terrorists/freedom fighters on all sides but who knows who is repsonsible for what. There is nothing new about terrorism but there is something new about those who are engaged in it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You simply can't do it, can you?

Israel pulled the trigger....but Hamas loaded the gun.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Its not as simple as you make it seem. There are those who use terrorism for their own agneda and I don't mean the known terrorists. There is far more going on that meets the eye. Too many smokesreens and mirrors too much muddying of the waters.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Exactly....now you seem to be realizing something...so why is your rhetoric so heavily one-sided? The comments you just wrote do not jibe with the comments you've been making.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Mr Penny I m not realising anything I am playing devils advocate here. I come down on one side hard because I do not like the hate and racism. Where there are those who expound what they and others should do (Some Americans here on ats) but then side with the enemy and denounce those who fight for the same freedom and liberty that most Americans take for granted.

Sometimes you have to shake people out of their ignorance and hypocrisy, there are times to shout and times to whisper. When I see Americans here gleefully enjoying the pain and suffering of others then one must challenge such views.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It is due to american 'exceptionalism' they .. ( or at least many of them if I call them 'they' for brevity ) believe that they differ from the people of all over nations . They are of the notion that they are inherently superior and thus any actions they may perform cannot be similarly linked by any equating actions of any other nation , as whatever the usa does , it is due to their inalienable rights to do the right thing for their country . Whereas , any other nation , not being of equitable and equal moral standing , must have more ignoble reasons for any such similar actions , and thus are open to criticism , they won't see it as hypocrisy at all .

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

but then side with the enemy

'Scuse me? Can you define "enemy" for me....in the context of this discussion?

When I see Americans here gleefully enjoying the pain and suffering of others

Well, magicmushroom, I'm feeling sorry for you now. That little bit of hyperbole is completely uncalled for, untrue, and frankly, insulting. You simply are not operating from a reasoned, rational position. You are simply way too far over-the-top to engage in any kind of frank, reasoned, discussion. You're simply incapable of moving the discussion any further than empty rhetoric and shrill hyperbole.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I m not realising anything

I just had to add this.....

Yeah, I know.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Mr. Penny, the trouble with Americans is they are too emotinal and cannot take critcism. They shout and clamour how superior they are too others. And to be honest I'm sick to death of the hate and ignorance here on ATS about the attitude from them about the peoples of the World, they come here spewing their hate for their fellow man telling us all how big and brave they are, we can nuke anyone we can kill who we like.

That is the standard diatribe from many of the Americans here on ATS. They can hand it out but they cannot take it. The minute anyone posts anthing about them or the US and you get the usual crap from them. Well its about time people woke up and smelled the coffee. America is the laughing stock of the World, It and its people are hated the World over.

Have you ever stopped and thought why, why is it people think like they do, or is it going to be the usual we don't give a crap what people think. Thats the usual answer from Americans here on ATs. There is literaly a handful of honest decent Americans here on Ats and when even they speak out they get called traitors etc by their fellow countrymen.

So its simple, when Americans here stop cheering about the mass murder of innocent people I will stop posting about them. Its simple as that.

lets just face it this Thread stands proven.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It officially stands proven that you are mean, nasty, hurtful, acidic, spiteful, single-mindedly blind, out of touch, vengeful.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So its simple, when Americans here stop cheering about the mass murder of innocent people I will stop posting about them. Its simple as that.

lets just face it this Thread stands proven.

What stands proven is that you have some issues best discussed with a therapist. That level of vitriol, gross insult, and bigotry is far beyond the "high values" you are attempting to portray.

And you're dishonest enough to ignore questions and just continue to spew your ignorant nonsense.....I'll try again..

Explain what you were referring to when you wrote "side with the enemy" in a previous post. Do you have the cojones to do that? I think not.....you have turned into what the worst of the Internet has to offer.....a troll. And a disgusting, mindlessly shrill one to boot.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by MrPenny]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
We should really try to address the question instead of these personal attacks against one another . There is some truth in this hypocrisy allegation , it was plainly evident during the brief Russian Georgian war where many US politicians made some outrageously hypocritical statements and they were not alone . Many of the people from the US expressing the same kind of outrage were not in the slightest bothered about the US ostensibly invading Grenada for the very same reasons .

There is something to consider regarding a US national tendency towards aspirations and ideals , sometimes they are not really rooted in reality . This giving rise to such notions as fighting poor 3rd world foreign nations for your freedoms at home , and the people of the US actually accepting such preposterous propositions as a truth , thereby cleansing themselves of any subsequent guilt in any prosecution of war against such countries. This relinquishment of responsibility and guilt , giving free reign to acts of hypocrisy when they charge other countries of conducting similar acts of aggression.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Drexl

You base your claims on our politicians which the majority of Americans don't trust. You also base your claims on only a handful of Americans opinions. America is not the only country that has proud and arrogant nationalists. Every country does.

This whole thread is hypocritical.....

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Then that would be the point of contention . It is your opinion that the so called arrogant nationalistic patriotic elements in the usa are a minor element in US society , that referencing their viewpoints is to focus upon only a microcosm of the US national mentality . I am not so sure it is quite that much of a fringe mentality . If you were to were to go to Texas , or many of those southern states , you would not be able to throw a brick without hitting one of these ultra patriot types . Across the south , I would say this type of viewpoint is not only commonplace , but is notable in it's exceptions . Of course , this nationalistic view is not limited only to those states , but such a density of common ideology across such a swathe of the usa would be cause for pinpointing it as a national idiosyncrasy .

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I dont think its nice to use such a wide brush to paint a picture of America/Americans...sure we all know *those* americans here on ATS who are both ignorant and stupid at the same time(you know who you are),but many others are open minded and down to earth people,who are not blinded by meaningless patriotic America is the best mentality..although admittedly there is a higher percentage in America than the rest of the world but thats quickly spreading around the world,especially here in the uk.

Well there are over 300 million Americans.

I would guess from what I have seen that about 100 Million of these people are very ignorant and suck at life.

They do nothing but give the people of our country a bad name.

Other countries around the world would be the size of maybe a couple of our states put together so they're percentage of dumb folks in the population are less than ours. Meaning that we have more ignorant people % wise than a lot of countires simply because we have more people.

People around the world hate those people and our government but we all as American people get lumped into the same category as " dumb stupid Americans" when in fact maybe a third ( 1/3) of our country is like that.

So that is still maybe like 100 million dumb individuals who are so close-minded that their give everyone a bad name.

Seems to be the case in American for everything. A few dumb people ruin it for everyone else.

Sucks but that is the way it is. I would hope that people around the world realize that most of us are good people just like them.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by LucidDreamer85]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You never learn do you MM? Almost every time you start a thread about Americans it`s the same. You rant and rave throughout the OP. Then when your called on it, you change your story...oh, that`s not what I meant. And it`s statements like this that make me sick.

"I come down on one side hard because I do not like the hate and racism."

Yet it`s hate and racism that your spreading. And please, don`t give me that same old story that your just trying to find out why these people think like this. I`ve heard that story enough thank you. Your spreading just as much hate as those your pointing at.

"That is the standard diatribe from many of the Americans here on ATS. They can hand it out but they cannot take it."

Want to talk about someone who can`t take it? Go back and read some of your old topics that you started about Americans. Then look and see how well you took it when people crossed you about the things you were spewing. Not to well did you?

"There is literaly a handful of honest decent Americans here on Ats and when even they speak out they get called traitors etc by their fellow countrymen."

I`ve been called that myself, big deal, so what? I just remember the mindset it came from and leave it at that. Maybe you need to do the same thing.

"So its simple, when Americans here stop cheering about the mass murder of innocent people I will stop posting about them. Its simple as that."

And this makes you different in what way? They hate, you hate, no difference.

"lets just face it this Thread stands proven."

You said that about one of your other threads, didn`t you? I say, not in this lifetime, no.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
No matter how tired I am of raggin on USA I can not ignore them as they just keep forcing themselves into my reality!
lol. I don't hate em just feel sorry that they grow up in a propaganda saturated environment. I don't know how people don't go mad. I would if I was stuck with their news/media and a 85%-90% religous populous that fears the world. The sadest thing is they have forgotten what free speech means, taking it for granted because its in the bill of rights. So people don't fight to keep it they just spout the right to free speech if it agrees with their views and declair others un-patriotic if their view clashes.
We (Aussies) don't have free speech in our law so we never take it for granted and always exercise it. As such we are more tolerant of other ideas than average Americans.
I still love the US of A tho

[edit on 18/1/2009 by BungleX]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join