It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media sharing on ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I would use it if I had something Important to upload. It would be super Awesome if folks could upload videos directly to here and that we we could all avoid youtube.

I hope you do make the changes to host hi res files and video.

It would defiantly be a worth while improvement..

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I will and do support what you are proposing here. It will give the members of ATS like me more opportunity, within the rules and parameters that have already been set up, to have more input into ATS/BTS. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is something I would use, however timing is critical.

I have a few questions.

When would this media sharing be available?

Is there some kind of review status where material is held for staff review and approval?

If not can it go "live" with immediate posting in a selected forum?

Who is liable for the material, the member who posts it, and/or ATS?

Will both members and nonmembers be able to download the media?

My last question, can a combination of a written post, PDF files, JPEG full size images, and AVI video content all be made available for download in a single opening post?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
A hosting service like the one mentioned would be excellent, if it means that it will cost the members no points to host their images and pdf content.

Could we also have a upload button under each of our posts, so we can attach a pdf to our post as well?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well i have to say, it sounds like a great idea.
Once people will start to see the possibilities from such media sharing the service and bandwith could explode in a kind of simular way you have seen on other community sites.
Great idea but make sure you got the guts to ride it out.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea. I'd probably use the space quite a bit, and there are often times when there are people trying to find a way to share high quality raw video footage with others here.

One thing I'm curious about, and perhaps someone knows the answer here: Is the footage from Martyn Stubs (hope I spelled that right) that was available as a DVD public domain? Could we post the DVD for everyone to download?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The main problem is that the success of the services offered has been a bit hit and miss at times . The ATS email and blogging services no longer exist . On the credit side of the ledger the ATS podcast and social networking feathers(SP?) have proven to be a success . The other fundamental issue is that there are other media hosting sites out there already offering hosting services . So arguable you could be detracting from ATS stated mission . Also if the media hosting service goes bell up there is the issue of members losing data .

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The services would include:
1) Premium video channels with revenue-share for expert contributors
2) Basic video channels for user-generated/uploaded videos
3) Unrestricted (for members) upload space for images
4) Semi-restricted (for members) upload space for audio files
5) Unrestricted (for members) upload space for other media (such as PDF files)
6) Integrated tools to embed your uploaded media into ATS threads
7) Ability to create your own video/photo channels like Flickr and share with friends

I definitely support the idea, especially with the first three "services". I've been having quite a lot of problems trying to upload images so it would surely help if ATS can provide free space for it. The revenue share would also be very stimulating for serous researchers as far as I'm concern...

So, when can we start getting the technical details on how to take advantage of these "superbly teasing" services I wonder?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Before we take the plunge with something like this... first, is this a service you would use often, occasionally, or not-at-all? And if you'd use it, are there any specific features that you'd like to see that would make ATS-centric media sharing more convenient for you? Thanks.

I like it a lot. I do not know how to do it, but I do like what others are doing.

If it is possible to "break even" with the service, I think it will grow over time and would prove to be an asset. You could argue it is a necessity to stay abreast of technology so widely used by the new pro Obama Millennium Generation.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Mark my words. One of these days ATS is going to turn into a saucer and fly out of this world
I have no quarrels with change, progression, desire, want, must haves, curiosity..etc Go for it ATS DENY IGNORANCE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join