It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adolf Hitler, Sisters Taken from Parents' Home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WisdomInChains

Ben Franklin is a common name, much like George. Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation are not common names.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Exactly! naming your kid Apple or Moon Unit while strange, isn't offensive. Naming your child Adolf Hitler, another Hinler, another Aryan Nation, well, just shows the parents are NAZIs. I think they did the right thing taking the kids from them. Three less Neo Nazis to worry about.

Are you really worried about the various Nazi/white power groups? Look at the picture of that family. The kid may have a name that should be changed, but he obviously isn't being mistreated. Yet you would see him torn from his mother's loving arms? If they are evil, what does that make you? You would tear apart a family because of their beliefs. What about when some group comes along and decides they don't like one or more of your beliefs? Should they take your kids away? Should you be imprisoned? Executed? Where does it end? Has freedom lost all meaning or does it only apply to those whose ideas agree with yours?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Ben Franklin is a common name, much like George. Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation are not common names.

You kinda missed the point there

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Remember Lisa Bonet from the Cosby Show? She changed her own name to Lilakoi Moon back in '95. She had a kid last week and named it Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa. That's not exactly common. Perhaps she should lose her kid and be thrown into prison?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i updated this earlier today but i guess nobody cared.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a name is a name only. "We" give them their meanings and contexts. There must have been something else going on here other than the names. Perhaps the birthday cake fiasco drew some unwanted attention to them and people began to take notice and found some other things.

That said, being on a conspiracy board, it would not be hard to leap to the conclusion that the names stand out and there was some outcry to change it. For legal purposes, the state could have manufactured whatever reason they wanted to take the kids. If it was for the names, (and this would not surprise me in the least in this society) i truly fear what is coming next - systematic state removal of children from the family... but i hesitate. This is prolly just a matter of high profile off beat news drawing attention to something detrimental that was already in place.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Time to move to Germany.
Or one of the states that let Hitler in.
Or was that South America.

Definitely not Antarctica, that was a hoax that fell through
after Admiral Forrestal went on a wild goose Illuminati chase.
He didn't play their game and it cost him.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Source from OP.

DYFS isn’t talking much about the Campbell’s situation, but the kids being taken away has nothing to do with the names and birthday cake issue in December, according to Sgt. John Harris, Holland Twp. Police in Milford, N.J.

I see that you and others are completely ignoring the fact that you do not know why the children were removed and pretending you do just to have a reason to rant.

Is naming a child Adolf Hitler child abuse? Sure it is. You would have to be totally incapable of rational thought not to think so.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Exactly! naming your kid Apple or Moon Unit while strange, isn't offensive. Naming your child Adolf Hitler, another Hinler, another Aryan Nation, well, just shows the parents are NAZIs. I think they did the right thing taking the kids from them. Three less Neo Nazis to worry about.

What you or I find offensive others would not. The things a lot of people find offensive I find downright funny. some people(not me mind you) would find it offensive that on a discussion site your pcture shows most of your breast minus nipple. doesn't mean you should have to take the picture down (unless it violates something on the site). You can't force morals on people. Stating that thy deserve to be taken away for their names(which we don't know that they were) is good is in fact, a facist way of thiking.

By the way, kids named apple or dwezil get their asses beat on a regular basis. and that is alsocausing abuse to the kids.

[edit on 1/14/2009 by Finn1916]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unnoan
a name is a name only.

Words have meaning. They can be used as weapons or tools to do good. A single word can cause a riot, a murder or save a life.

A name can have even more power. A bad name can doom a child to a life of suffering. In this case the childs name is to honor one of the most evil men to ever live and to support the things he believed. Young Adolf Hitler was doomed the moment his insane parents named him.

To say this is not an indicator that he will be brainwashed to hate anyone not of his race and party affiliations is to be very naive as well. The fact they named him that indicates quite clearly what future lies ahead for this poor child. He will no doubt end up a Nazi fanatic.

Consider for a moment those who will be the recipients of the hate that will be implanted into this child from birth. Many will suffer because of it during his lifetime. Society does have an interest in this as the harm it will do will not be limited to just this child.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

By the way, kids named apple or dwezil get their asses beat on a regular basis. and that is alsocausing abuse to the kids.

[edit on 1/14/2009 by Finn1916]

I agree, and parents who do that to their children deserve whatever scrutiny they get. The fact they give a child a name like that indicates there is something emotionally askew with the parents. It could well be an indicator the parents need to be looked at closely and may not be fit to raise a child.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You should be able to name your kid anything you want.

*SNIP*

ANYTHING.

No matter how strange, offensive, or inappropriate others think it is.

Taking these kids away from their parents is completely insane.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Jezus]

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ok so they gave the kid a weird name and might be white supremacists.How is that different from calling a kid david and raising him as a christian?
Don't go dragging me through the mud on this.I am not christian or any kind of racist and I don't have kids and don't ever want them...I am just asking how it is ok to mould a childs mind in anyway shape or form without giving them the choice on the matter whether it be a racist thing or a religious thing.
Any answers??

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Source from OP.

DYFS isn’t talking much about the Campbell’s situation, but the kids being taken away has nothing to do with the names and birthday cake issue in December, according to Sgt. John Harris, Holland Twp. Police in Milford, N.J.

I see that you and others are completely ignoring the fact that you do not know why the children were removed and pretending you do just to have a reason to rant.

Is naming a child Adolf Hitler child abuse? Sure it is. You would have to be totally incapable of rational thought not to think so.

Of course they will say that, they could not say anything else. But look at what is also in that article:

the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services, Holland Township police chief David Van Gilson told LehighValleyLive.com.

It is unclear why the children were removed from their parent’s home. Gilson said his department did not receive any reports of abuse or negligence.

So now you tell me, if it isn't over a name? There have been no calls about abuse or neglect called into the family services before.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
You should be able to name your kid anything you want.

edit: *hah*

ANYTHING.

No matter how strange, offensive, or inappropriate others think it is.

Taking these kids away from their parents is completely insane.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Jezus]

I agree, however unfortunately you can't name your kids anything you want, not even here in the glorious empire of canada. Recently in Quebec a judge ordered a family to rename their kids, because they named them after objects (nothing offensive or anything), it made it into the local news because the local news wanted to show how mentally "Differently abled" the judge was for doing that to the couple.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Children should not be subject to derision, and if their parents do so...in this singular mannner... they are harming the children and are shouting out that they are not fit to parent them.

So who then should be responsible for deciding whose kids’ names are abusive? If I name my kid Jesus or Allah is that abusive. What about Saddam or George Bush? Is a name that offends anyone abusive or is it just when it offends you?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
In theory, there needs to be a given reason and paperwork to have a child(ren) removed from a home.

I would love to see the actual charges/excuse given as the children were removed.

I agree, if those names are considered child abuse in the state of NJ, why was the name(s) allowed to be registered.

Personally, I suspect someone saw the names when it was in the news and decided that they (whoever they are) found it unacceptable.
What I mean is that that person(s) were unaware of the names until it hit the news.

In all honesty, I wonder what any school would think of those names.

Well if they find that naming your kid those names is a form of child abuse then the State of NJ is guilty as well as being an acomplice to the abuse and should be charged as well.

They allowed the " abuse " to first take place there fore they are just as responsible.

98% sure that argument would hold up in a court of law !

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

For those that are incapable of rational thought what would be the guidlines that make a name subject to a child's removal.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Of course they will say that, they could not say anything else. But look at what is also in that article:

the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services, Holland Township police chief David Van Gilson told LehighValleyLive.com.

It is unclear why the children were removed from their parent’s home. Gilson said his department did not receive any reports of abuse or negligence.

So now you tell me, if it isn't over a name? There have been no calls about abuse or neglect called into the family services before.

^^Bold emphasis mine^^

It says the police department received no calls. It does not say family services has not received calls. The Chief of police, HE has no idea why the children were removed because HIS dept. received no calls.

And the update says that family services says their names have nothing to do with it.

DYFS isn’t talking much about the Campbell’s situation, but the kids being taken away has nothing to do with the names

There is still 0 evidence that points to removal due to the names. Its all just assumption.

Everyone needs to just wait and see what develops.

[edit on 1/14/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Like you said, taking away a child based on a name alone is wrong, but think about how #ed up you have to be as parents to name your kid Adolf Hitler . . . so there must be some other reason that they are being taken away... at least i hope so .. :/

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join