posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:59 AM
A follow on from the BOb list for folks interested in building EDC kits for themselves, I'm sure many people have much to add or change especially
the younger people who know what IPods and Blackburry doofahs are all about ( I dont I can not even work out how to text with a phone)
Bare Essential Every Day Carry list
A very basic guide of essential items for a chap or chapese to carry as their EDC, it does not include professional tools and equipment, cosmetics,
nor fashion and feminine hygiene products.
1. Pocket Knife
2. Multi tool
4. LED Flashlight & spare batteries
5. Analogue Watch , Solar or Self Winder
6. Purse / Wallet ( cash, credit card tool, credit cards, ID card)
7. Notebook & Pen & mini Sharpie
8. Eye Glasses, Shades,
9. Bandana / Large Kerchief
10. Length of Paracord and Mini Carabiner
12. Cell phone
13. Prescription medicines ( Insulin , Migraine tabs, Heart tabs etc)
14. Keys on ring or belt carrier clip
Other items worthy on consideration are a
1. First Aid Kit and Water Puri Tabs
2. A couple of disposable dust masks
3. Micro AM/ FM radio (Ipod radio thingy?)
4. Hat and Gloves for cold weather
6. Section of Map serving your local area.
PDA’s, Blackburrys, 10 Gram tin of Vaseline, Lip Balm, Baton, CS spray, Diary, Feminine products, eye glasses cleaner, spring loaded centre punch,
permanent marker(Sharpie), chemical light sticks, Handgun plus ammo, micro prybar , food bars, small bottle of water, Flash drive stick, pocket
digital camera, GPS,
Pain killers, pack away waterproof, Underground tube and bus route map, cycle route and walkways maps. All of the above are recorded as being carried
by various people as part of their EDC, obviously many people use bags and packs to carry EDC kit with them.
Again as with the BOB list the EDC list is only the basic starting point for people to work from to develop their own EDC.