It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO mystery solved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
www.thevisitor.co.uk...

On New Years Eve, many people in Morecambe claimed to see several UFO's flying over the bay.

The above link is footage of what the "UFO's" actually were

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think most of the UK sightings since 2008 can be attributed to Chinese Lanterns. The best sighting of 2008 in the UK was the South Wales Police alledged persuit of a UFO in their Helicopter, although this was later claimed to have been a Chinese Lantern, I think there was more to the case than that,

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I had a feeling before I even clicked the link the answer was going to be lanterns, they seem to be increasingly responsible for UFO sightings.

What irritates me is that as people hear more and more about UFOs being "just lanterns" they may start to believe that there aren't any genuinely unexplained sightings which of course there is.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bomber80

Everything now is Chinese lanterns. I guess they figured out that "weather balloon" and "swamp gas" weren't going over so well.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 18731542
I think most of the UK sightings since 2008 can be attributed to Chinese Lanterns. The best sighting of 2008 in the UK was the South Wales Police alledged persuit of a UFO in their Helicopter, although this was later claimed to have been a Chinese Lantern, I think there was more to the case than that,

I agree with you, most of last years sightings seemed to be orange lights in bunches that moved in unison or hung around & disappeared one by one - classic lantern behaviour.
Also the incident with the helicopter i feel was hugely significant - those guys know what they are looking at in the air and ii have never heard of giving chase to a lantern

[edit on 14-1-2009 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bomber80

Ah, Chinese Lanterns... the modern day weather balloon

I'll buy that excuse this time but like weather balloons and swamp gas... need I say more?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Although I'd heard the term 'chinese lantern' many times over the years I never knew exactly what they were. Now I've seen a pic of one and what they are for I can't help but wonder what's such a big deal about letting one go at parties? Sorry, just don't see the attraction - more fun revisiting the fridge and throwing fellow party goers in the pool I would imagine.

As for the police helicopter chasing one? Well if the winds aloft were strong enough to propel a chinese lantern at over 100kts then the helo would not have been cleared to fly in the first place. They have to give some excuse I suppose - I mean, can't have the Police chasing after real aliens can we?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Hahaha, guess what happened on new years here in Stockholm?
I noticed some chinese lanterns going about and I though "Man! I forgot to buy those, they were alot of fun last year..."
Moments later the phone rings, it is one of my best friends (sounding real excited:
"Hey man, have you watched the skies? What the hell is that up there?"

I believe in UFO's. I also believe in chinese lanterns. But I have only, for sure, seen the latter.

new topics

top topics

join