It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No need for condoms – GE corn can do the job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

No need for condoms – GE corn can do the job

www.greenpeace.org

Austrian scientists fed mice over a course of 20 weeks a mixture of 33 percent Monsanto GE corn (NK 603 x MON 810) and non-GE corn.

These mice gave birth to less babies and lighter babies in their third and fourth litters. Mice fed on non-GE corn had babies as normal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I didn't really believe at all the recent comments on ATS about how corn may be bad for your health until finding this. Practically every single food item in a modern-day supermarket has corn in it in one form or another, so needless to say this is very concerning to me!

Monsanto is the same company that is believed responsible for getting a team of Fox news reporters fired after they were just hired for serious investigative journalism, and wanted their first story to be on the negative health effects resulting from loading up cows with growth hormones.

www.greenpeace.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Dam Monsanto.

monsanto corn is just plain evil, they are trying to steal the market so everyone HAS to grow their corn.

whats even worse, is their corn cant be harvested for seed for teh next season, you HAVE to buy a new batch of corn (seeds? ) every season, their are corn nazi's out their who report people to monsanto for using growing corn their not suppost to...

their was a REALLY goiod documentry on google vids about monsanto created by a french (possibly canadian) female reporter, but it got removed within 2 days, find that and youll see how evil this company is...it was a true eye opener to me, before seeing that i had no problems with GM food or crops.

EDIT :: i take that last sentance back, its been uploaded again.!

Google Video Link

if the video does not work, click here video.google.com...# im not sure how to add gvids, just youtubes

[edit on 14-1-2009 by boaby_phet]

[edit on 14-1-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
and most don't realize,,,,,corn is in everything

way to control population increase

this issue should be way bigger,,,,but msm is certainly connected to big ag companies so it's hush hush

www.ontariocorn.org...
Products that use Corn
Adhesives (glues, pastes, mucilages, gums, etc.)
Aluminum
Antibiotics (penicillin)
Asbestos insulation
Aspirin
Automobiles (everything on wheels)
xxx- cylinder heads
xxx- ethanol - fuel & windshield washer fluid
xxx- spark plugs
xxx- synthetic rubber finishes
xxx- tires
Baby food
Batteries, dry cell
Beer
Breakfast cereals
Candies
Canned vegetables
Carbonated beverages
Cheese spreads
Chewing gum
Chocolate products
Coatings on wood, paper & metal
Colour carrier in paper & textile, printing
Corn chips
Corn meal
Cosmetics
C.M.A. (calcium magnesium acetate)
Crayon and chalk
Degradable plastics
Dessert powders
Dextrose (intravenous solutions, icing sugar)
Disposable diapers
Dyes
Edible oil
Ethyl and butyl alcohol
Explosives - firecrackers
Finished leather
Flour & grits Frozen foods
Fructose
Fuel ethanol
Gypsum wallboard
Ink for stamping prices in stores
Insecticides
Instant coffee & tea
Insulation, fibreglass
James, jellies and preserves
Ketchup
Latex paint
Leather tanning
Licorice
Livestock feed
Malted products
Margarine
Mayonnaise
Mustard, prepared
Paper board, (corrugating, laminating, cardboard)
Paper manufacturing
Paper plates & Cups
Peanut butter
Pharmaceuticals - The Life Line of The Hospital
Potato chips
Rugs, carpets
Salad dressings
Shaving cream & lotions
Shoe polish
Soaps and cleaners
Soft drinks
Starch & glucose (over 40 types)
Syrup
Tacos, tortillas
Textiles
Toothpaste
Wallpaper
Wheat bread
Whiskey
Yogurts

news.nationalgeographic.com...
Fast Food Made Up Mostly of Corn
If you are what you eat, most Americans are an ear of corn, new research suggests.

A chemical analysis of popular fast foods reveals that some form of the grain appears as a main ingredient in most items—especially beef.

he researchers examined the molecular makeup of hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, and french fries purchased from three fast food chains in six U.S. cities.

"Out of the hundreds of meals that we bought, there were only 12 servings of anything that did not go straight back to a corn source," said study lead author Hope Jahren, a geobiologist at the University of Hawaii in Honolulu.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Its a great way to control population but could they have really engineered corn to do this on purpose?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
They probably did do it on purpose. Corn has almost no nutritional value and is one of the most used food supplies. I'm guessing that all the corn we consume is affecting our health as a species.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
reply to post by shortywarn

Its a great way to control population but could they have really engineered corn to do this on purpose?

i thjink or feel you don't screw with nature,,,,nature is nature and natural for a reason

so what if it was an accidental by-product????
same result

we're getting to smart for our own good

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Right on. Good find, Truthquest!

Check this wide open propoganda.

But we won't have to worry about GMO with all this "CHANGE" in the whitehouse.

Oopsy. Honest mistake I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm confused here.. The study used non-GE corn, and GE corn.. So, does the food supply (in america) contain strictly GE corn, or can you find organic, natural corn? Does this apply to the UK? I was under the assumption that non-GE corn was generally used in food products - although i'm aware that there's a lot of artificial and genetically enhanced ingredients which go 'un-noticed'. Futhermore, would this not encourage depopulation, as a pose to population growth? (as the title suggests)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
In the U.S. there are three main types of agricultural production. Organic, Natural (traditionally grown with approved pesticides), and Genetically Modified. Monsanto, among others has been flexing their muscles lately and have started to outlaw a lot of Organic/Natural crops in favor of Modified seed.

Guess who was just hand picked to become the Secretary of Agriculture?

Tom Vilsack. The guy politically responsible for this new strong arm tactic on traditional agriculture.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Monsanto: How to get rich without thinking of the wellfare of fellow humans. Then with the billions thrown their way, they use it to lobby to get their way... I think that when the 'writtings on the wall' many will see just how much GREED has killed this world!

new topics

top topics

join