It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German ad slogan evoking Nazi camp pulled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

German ad slogan evoking Nazi camp pulled

www.news.com.au

A GERMAN advertising campaign was abruptly cancelled over complaints that the slogan used also stood at the entrance to the Nazi Buchenwald concentration camp, a newspaper has reported.

Coffee company Tchibo and oil group Esso will tear down advertising posters proclaiming "To Each His Own'', posted at around 700 petrol stations across Germany, the Frankfurter Rundschau said.

The phrase was originally coined by Cato over 2000 years ago...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Another example of the current generation making ridiculous apologies for something that happened well over 60 years ago.

How can people link a coffee advertising campaign with NAZI deathcamps? When is enough, enough?

Planet Earth is not going to move forward if people still cling to guilty feelings about what happened and who suffered. Sure, remember them, but move on. Will each future generation still be forced to use the crutch of the Holocaust to censor their thoughts and actions???

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Nice post Tezz! Yet another example of 'political correctness' gone mad!

Kind of like when the banks in Australia were forced to stop stocking and selling 'Piggy Banks' to children because a certain faith found the idea of Pigs coupled with Banking offensive. So much so that they threatened to remove their money from said banks if they didn't comply. Of course the appeasing pinko's folded to the whim of a whining minority.

It's amazing how something so innocent can be construed as being otherwise.

*shakes head*

Go figure!

IRM

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
How can people link a coffee advertising campaign with NAZI deathcamps?

Oh, do you challange me?
C-o-f-f-e-e same number of letters as H-i-t-l-e-r, Esso has "SS" in it (now there is a link!), eh, the nazis sure must have drunk a lot of coffee to keep up with all the warring and killing...eh...let's see...coffee is black, just as the SS-uniforms...many coffee plantations uses slave labour, so it is not so far fetched, they probably have sort of camps there too...maybe this brand of coffee is supposed to be superior to other types of coffee, making it some sort of über-coffee, yes, a special breed of bean, and the it is no mixture, it is pure and probably pure arabica, and what is located in the arab area? Iran! And what does Iran mean? That's right: The Aryan Empire. There you have it! Can't believe you couldn't find a link! I did, it was as easy as finding my feet!

I guess it was much worse when one of our politicans here in Sweden said that "remeber that Work gives Freedom!" (Arbeit Mach Frei)

Sure, remember them, but move on. Will each future generation still be forced to use the crutch of the Holocaust to censor their thoughts and actions???

Eh, what should we do with the following ancient grudges then:
Israel vs. Palestine
Balkan states vs. Each others
Various African states vs. Each others
Armenia vs. Azerbadjian
India vs. Pakistan
Sunni vs. Shia
Kurds vs. Turks
...and so on...
"Move-on's" are a thing of the past, man!

(sorry for interrupt a thread that might have the intention to be serious, but the topic kind of laid the foundation for silliness)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm not surprised by the reaction over the ad. We have similar problems here in the states with symbols of the old South/Civil War era.

The NAACP is up in arms regarding the dresses that parade marchers will be wearing in the Obama inaugural parade. Apparently, the dresses are to reminiscent of the old south. However, the theme of the entire event to supposed to evoke the era of Abe Lincoln. These dresses were worn all over the country in that era. Give me a break.

join