It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuck in a box...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
what is our level of understanding of everything??

God
sceince
math
evolution
aliens
whateveeaaaa

what does all this crap have in common???

its a question!!

Now we all ask questions right? based on our own "life" ect.. thats fair and im not saying god aint real or aliens aint but what im asking is

why bother asking??? what is it u want to know? lol

gah!! what is your question in life???

this is your box...

tell me what is the shape of the box you are in right now??

This is a free and open thread about what yout think are the limits of human nature and how it reacts with life, belife, or you can be random !

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The answer you seek is 42.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

In science
The atomic number of molybdenum.
The angle in degrees for which a rainbow appears.
In 1965, mathematician Paul Cooper theorized that the fastest, most efficient way to travel across continents would be to bore a straight hollow tube directly through the Earth, evacuate it (remove the air), and then just fall through. The first half of the journey consists of free-fall acceleration, while the second half consists of an exactly equal deceleration. The time for such a journey works out to be 42 minutes. Remarkably, even if the tube does not pass through the exact center of the Earth, the time for a journey powered entirely by gravity always works out to be 42 minutes, as long as the tube remains friction-free.[5][6] The same idea was proposed by Lewis Carroll in Sylvie and Bruno, volume 2, chapter 7, without calculation.

42 is not the answer you are looking for.

The answer you are looking for, is, what comes when you die???

The nothing paradox?
Or the next level of existance....

I know which one I believe.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
yeah ok so what makes you say 42 then???

i want to know?

why 42??

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

ok see we are linking here...

so you say 42 is wrong??

how can we prove that or alteast undertand "42" in his mind?

Im trying to get a very open wide forum topic here .. it will get heated but its part of the thread,

Im just trying to understand what limits we have on 2 things :

God
science

and how the mix and conradict in some ways.

Just say how u feel and im gunna try summ it up if thats ok
wih u guys

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy,

And little bit of Christian/Other religions numerology behind it.

Nothing special, just out of a movie where people are looking for the ultimate answer to the universe and it's "42".

He's just playing with your mind.

God and Science technically don't mix.

Like oil and water.

You have to understand that God is a paradox in itself. What is god? Some old guy that gave birth to the universe and Jesus?

I don't believe that. I believe Jesus was a very enlightened and divine human being.

However Siddhartha is no different than God.

I ask you to explore the nothing paradox as I call it before you even begin to try and concept on what "God" or the next dimension is.

Nothing.

Never before, never after. No white for eternity, no black for eternity. Zero, as in the software being what you see feel and hear now, the hardware being your body, that software being deleted, like a computer program. It seizes to exist.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

well i dunno wtf 42 is lol

im just asking people a solid question..

why are we asking the questions we are based on god / science ?

i like to read what others are thinking i guess

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I believe that 'nothing' is 'something', hence we can attribute it a name and conceptualize it. The true 'nothing' for want of a better term is unfathomable. The true 'nothing' cannot be thought of in relative terms or indeed 'thought of' as it does not exist. Therefore if 'nothing' does not exist, then all that's left is something.

IRM

[edit on 14/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
ok this is a good post

what is your nothing ?? how do you mm embody that nothing to create a something???

I mean its some freaky loop here right?

thats why i made this thread i want to understand were we are at here>>

aliens god ect.. its all a question but wtf is it we are asking here???

what do we want to understand???

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
God
sceince
math
evolution
aliens
whateveeaaaa

supreme being
nature of
nature of
nature of
created beings
there is an opposite to all things, all things are infinite

the last one is considered blasphemous to most christians, but i believe we always were, our energy, we just aren't as spiritually evolved as the supreme being, he created us but he used already existing energy to create us, perhaps he just broke us apart from a block of intelligent energy, but we always were and always will be, there will always be negative and positive, dark and light, gravity and anti-gravity (we just haven't found it yet we aren't very evolved compared to the supreme being), we have a few eternities to go, an eternity is a measurement of time it's such a giant measurement that we can't comprehend it, that's how long it may take us to even take the first steps to understanding where the supreme being is coming from on an intellectual and spiritual level. There are countless planets inhabited by intelligent beings humanoid and look just like us, give or take pigment and subtle differences, but I don't believe they look as radically different as the greys, these are just some thoughts, when you die you will continue to exist and evolve, but this short physical experience will determine what your character is for the eternities, it's probably a time to choose permanently what side you want to occupy, I don't believe there is a grey line in this scenario except for what we are living in right now.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Razimus]

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

I think the problem is everyone has a different question, therefore there is an infinite amount of answers, you will never find the right answer because there isn't a right answer, it's like asking how long is a piece of string.

This is why the answer is 42!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
ok i will beg to differ here

this is my box.. so to speak..

God or whatever created me and you "aint got a clue why"...

but hey im here.. so i deal with it.. now my path or understanding of things is this:

we have god
and we have logic

they both argue the same thing..

But as me "as a fellow human" and very much clueless asks..

why do i infact care?? why is it i ask how i got here?? does that even matter??

I will be honest here. the point of the thread is to understand how people view life.. not death not some wacked out idead about anything..

Im talking about what is possible as humans "xbox360" who cares but its real to us in our day to day things...

can we as humans change it "or understand it" and stop questioning it??

I dont know but i know why i want to hear other views,,

This is not a right or wrong thread btw its just everyone is free to give there voice

I hope we can all understand the question...

we dont need to flame here

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

i understand that ...

but what im trying to ask is

why do we ask??

what is the reason why we ask what it is we do? regardless of aliens or god or whatever.. what is it we seek or want to understand??

its a loop yes?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

My post wasn't meant to flame you, I apologise if you think I was flaming.

As humans we are blessed with the ability to ask why. This is what separates us from the animals I guess, unfortunately it also leads us to believe we're somehow important in the grand scheme of things, therefore we are looking for our place in the universe.

The reality is, IMHO we're no more important than an ant or a mosquito.

Of course this is just my opinion, right or wrong

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

hey no i didnt say u flamed me lol!! gah !!

i just ment its ok to talk and the thread is has no reason for anyone "even me" to flame others

sorry if u thought i ment you flamed me i didnt mean that i was just trying to say this topic is very welcome but no need to flame as im not proving or trying to disprove im asking wht makes you ask the question you are..

its more of a statement than a debate i guess

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

but that makes sens to me.. i mean i dont understand being you but i do understand why you ask

its the same question i ask but why do we ask it :/??

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think we ask the question because we don't want to admit how meaningless it all is, so we would like for someone/something to tell us otherwise.

We are either here to amuse a god that got bored one day and decided to create us.

We are freaks of nature that evolved accidently from rock moss. Or we created or selves because we are just awesome like that?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't want to make a massive thread reply so here's what I think the point is (I do consider myself a Christain but I think the Catholic Church would call my a Heretic)

Short answer: You. Look inside yourself. You are the answer to every single question you've posed.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

42 is everything

and some reading

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
(Chinese fortune cookie)

Questions are part of our nature, a self-aware person asks questions for as long as they exist though as each person is unique then so is each series of questions - heck even down to the subatomic "scale", so I do not know why you ask the questions you do and I would have no way of knowing unless I was you.

I suppose your questions will always be unique to you, but then a self-aware entity is aware of self and nothing else, the chasm between ourselves and the rest of everything else lies beyond self and perhaps then beyond the questions that are made by self : )

When you are bored of making questions you can always try making some answers!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join