It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Marilyn Monroe' hormone discovered

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

'Marilyn Monroe' hormone discovered

www.news.com.au

SCIENTISTS have identified the Marilyn Monroe hormone that is linked to an hour-glass body shape in women, and also an increased desire to trade-up to new men.

Women who have high levels of oestradoil also show elevated confidence and a greater inclination to have sex outside of their current relationship, according to the US-based research.

The ovarian steroid hormone is also associated with having a symmetrical face, large breasts and a low waist-to-hip ratio.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
There it is, proof that some women are 'sexier' than others? Who knows. I don't think that Marilyn Munroe was all that attractive. She certainly isn't my type - she's no Catherine Zeta!

Besides the obvious topic of the article, I'm impressed that science can still discover new things about the human body. It suggests that there's a whole lot more that remains yet to be discovered as well.

All they have to do is to find a way to bottle it in spray-on form, with a teasing scent and they'll be rich! Haha!

www.news.com.au

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I'd read somewhere that she really wasn't as voluptuous as people thought..

I wouldn't want her body, at least not the big hips

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Phew, for a second there I thought it was a gene that made you dye your hair blonde and act like an airhead!

IRM

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

There it is, proof that some women are 'sexier' than others? Who knows. I don't think that Marilyn Munroe was all that attractive. She certainly isn't my type - she's no Catherine Zeta!

Besides the obvious topic of the article, I'm impressed that science can still discover new things about the human body. It suggests that there's a whole lot more that remains yet to be discovered as well.

All they have to do is to find a way to bottle it in spray-on form, with a teasing scent and they'll be rich! Haha!

www.news.com.au

i saw a hot chick yesterday and then when she turned around she looked like fudan

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't know about Marilyn Monroe

She was a little bulky

And, who wants a sl** with an "increased desire to trade-up to new men", or "a greater inclination to have sex outside of their current relationship"

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well back in her time, that was what was considered sexy and portrayed in the magazines.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Lucky the times have changed for the better!

She would be lucky to make the pages of Ralph or Zoo these days.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
They should work on finding the Brad Pitt hormone, for sorry little guys like me.

Any chance they could shoot some of this stuff up into girls who have... uh, let's just say the "Kelly Osborne" gene?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is a load off rubbish.

I have the hourglass and never cheated on any off my partners.

This is almost the same as stereotyping.

The reason man are attracted to big hips and snoggers is because its the natural instinct to bare children.

They wont mention this because they are trying to make man love the barbie figure and ingrain it into their minds to forget aout curvy women and go for the infertile stick figures.

There is the conspiracy that they are trying to create an infertile society to bring down the population control.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by meadowfairy]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I myself, am a Marilyn Monroe fan - I think she was gorgeous. As amatrine said, for her time period, the curvy hips and hour-glass shape was considered attractive. Today, as long as you can see hipbones, ribs, or other bones...apparently that is attractive.

Do you know how irritating it is to go into a jean store, and see a size 00? What sort of message is that sending to young girls? I'm not a heavy girl, but I have curves and this "hour-glass" gene. Don't get me wrong - there is nothing wrong with being thin and healthy - but some of the stuff being promoted today as "fashionable" and/or "attractive" gives a lot of women complexes about their own bodies.

I would label the body type as a gene - not a hormone.

As for the gene being responsible for "up-trading" and infidelity - I think that's a little on the far fetched side. I wouldn't credit Marilyn Monroe's larger hips and small waist gene, with being the reason for her non-commitalness and affair with both Kennedy's (I'd say a Psychologist might give a better opinion on what that is). Give the gene credit where credit is due: the hour glass body, anything else I would call speculation.

- Carrot

Edit: Link

[edit on 1/21/2009 by CA_Orot]

[edit on 1/21/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Who says that the hourglass body type is not considered sexy these days? The most attractive women in this world have always been those with an hourglass type of body. You're all talking a bunch of non-sense.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Ok so now there is scientific evidence of the fem fatal. Always knew there was a reason for it!

Although this statement in the source article does pretty much say it all.

These women aren't having more one night stands, they're trading up.”
popsci

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_OrotDo you know how irritating it is to go into a jean store, and see a size 00? What sort of message is that sending to young girls? I'm not a heavy girl, but I have curves and this "hour-glass" gene. Don't get me wrong - there is nothing wrong with being thin and healthy - but some of the stuff being promoted today as "fashionable" and/or "attractive" gives a lot of women complexes about their own bodies.

I find Marilyn to be very pretty, but I always thought that Audrey Hepburn took the cake for those days...I'm only 20 so I can't say much about the past....but anyhow, I think it's more sad to see a society that offers obese sized clothing, frankly I like women to have a smaller frame, curves can be obtained without being fat...but I can certainly say that I find women like Natalie Portman who is almost curveless to be extremely attractive. I for one would rather see a size 00 in a store than to see a section made for fat women, or men for that matter, it's frankly quite grotesque. I'd date a size 00 girl anytime, and I think seeing bigger sizes say more about our society than smaller sizes. I actually find the girl in your third picture posted to look great, the second one looks a bit trashy.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy

The reason man are attracted to big hips and snoggers is because its the natural instinct to bare children.

They wont mention this because they are trying to make man love the barbie figure and ingrain it into their minds to forget aout curvy women and go for the infertile stick figures.

There is the conspiracy that they are trying to create an infertile society to bring down the population control.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by meadowfairy]

whoa there, i am a little stick figure and have two children...i think that makes me not infertile. and i took no drugs or fertility treatments to get that way.

im all for conspiracies but i dont think thats what they are trying to do here.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Great, just what promiscuous women in relationships need - an excuse.

"But sweetheart, it's in my genes!"

Fail.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It is my own opinion that curvaceous women are Gods gift to mankind

I personally think Marilyn was stunning. You boys can keep your boney runway models.

As for whether or not a voluptuous woman is more apt to cheat or not, well that has more to do with how you as a man are treating her.... much more so than any genetic pre-disposition.

You have to handle your business, or some other chap will gladly step in and handle it for you. It's not rocket science.

$0.02

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
I think it's more sad to see a society that offers obese sized clothing, frankly I like women to have a smaller frame, curves can be obtained without being fat...but I can certainly say that I find women like Natalie Portman who is almost curveless to be extremely attractive.

And you are entitled to your opinion on what is attractive and what is not - everyone has different tastes. Thin women yes are attractive, curves are attractive yes, bone-racks, are not attractive. Not to me anyway. As a woman, I'd rather date a guy whose got some meat and muscle on his body, then a guy whose going to stab me with his hip bones or who has his ribcage sticking out. I personally do not find it attractive.

I for one would rather see a size 00 in a store than to see a section made for fat women, or men for that matter, it's frankly quite grotesque.

It is grotesque, that there are super-plus sizes in stores, but I think its just as grotesque as the size 00. What I guess I'm trying to say, is that there are 2 very extremes in women's fashions and body types. A 00 is a little on the extreme side - just as is a size 22. I understand that there are women who are naturally thin (my mother) who can fit into such sizes without looking bony and unhealthy. There are also women who are naturally larger. But obese is just as bad as being sickly skinny. Both sides of the scale are prominent in our society - and that is sad. There is a difference between being healthy-skinny, and un-healthy skinny.

Just my personal opinions.

- Carrot

PS. Audrey Hepburn was also very pretty, I agree.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
marilyn monroe isnt attractive!?
i'd..i'd...well i would do something if that was all hey solomons watchya doing etc your all crazy i tell yah.Most of these super skinny models today look like humans that have bred with ladders..not beautiful at all.

www.canada.com...

I remember seeing this study...hungry men prefer volomptuous woman when hungry as opposed to when they are not..

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairyy partners.

Aaah... but you yourself are stereotyping right there. No?

I'm a very fertile stick figure, no complications with childbirth thankyou very much.

I will agree with you this is rubbish about the cheating theory.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join