It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The earth's magnetic field impacts climate: Danish study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The earth's magnetic field impacts climate: Danish study

www.terradaily.com

The earth's climate has been significantly affected by the planet's magnetic field, according to a Danish study published Monday that could challenge the notion that human emissions are responsible for global warming.

"Our results show a strong correlation between the strength of the earth's magnetic field and the amount of precipitation in the tropics," one of the two Danish geophysicists behind the study, Mads Faurschou Knudsen of the geology department at Aarhus University in western Denmark, told the Videnskab journal.

He and his colleague Peter Riisager, of the Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS), compared a reconstruction of the prehistoric magnetic field 5,000 years ago based on data drawn from stalagmites and stalactites found in China and Oman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
As more information becomes available and more studies are done, does this spell the end for the AGW doomsayers, and their insistence that man alone is respopnsible for alleged AGW?

This article refers to the fact that the earths climate is incredibly complex, and that many factors could be responsible for global warming - or climate change as it's now called.

This is hopefully another black mark against gores followers, and with luck, people will soon start seeing the man for the charlatan he really is.
AIT was nothing morer than another get rich scheme for gore - and it worked.

Governments have also made vast sums in taxes on green issues - taxing us through the nose whilst putting very little back into environmental projects.

Wake up and smell the coffee people - you've been had.

www.terradaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
You missed this point.

The two scientists acknowledged that CO2 plays an important role in the changing climate, "but the climate is an incredibly complex system, and it is unlikely we have a full overview over which factors play a part and how important each is in a given circumstance," Riisager told Videnskab.

CO2 also plays its part, and this just adds to the complexity of the mechanism of the climate change.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

No, I didn't miss that at all - it may play a part, but it is not the be all and end all as some would have us believe.

We've been told for well over a decade that CO2 is the single reason for alleged AGW - more evidence is coming to light regularly that this is nonsense.

Besides - that may just be a sop to the CO2 crowd so they don't all jump up and try to get this research buried as usually happens with something that might threaten their funding.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well yes, even I do accept that CO2 is the more focussed gas in the global warming debate. And there are more other deadly gases such as freons also involved in ozone depletion, but, the CO2 has become a standard gas for this global warming discussion, and even I have to go by CO2 emissions in my threads about global warming.

We've been told for well over a decade that CO2 is the single reason for alleged AGW - more evidence is coming to light regularly that this is nonsense.

Can you please explain this line, I cant understand this.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Quite simply, the focus has been on CO2 and CO2 only, when there is plenty of evidence to suggest that global warming is itself a fallacy - this is why the name has changed to climate change.

This has allowed direct and indirect taxation running into hundreds of billions, when there is little evidence (in the bigger picture) to suggest that CO2 really is the cause of any warming which may or may not be occurring.

We really should be concentrating on other area's of environmental concern - particularly the deforestation and massive pollution which is of far more pressing concern - but people like gore, hand in hand with TPTB and the IPCC have successfully deflected attention away with their CO2 propaganda.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

particularly the deforestation

Though I am not fully into CO2, just telling my thought now.

Deforestation leaves less trees for absorbing CO2, the concentration increases, eventually building up.

And there seems to be a contradiction, doesnt AGW mean anti global warming.

[edit on January 14th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
No, AGW means anthropogenic global warming, meaning man made.

As for the deforestation, this is something that TPTB could quite easily do something about - the reason they don't?

As ever, it all comes down to money - without any semblace of sustainability.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Physics professor William Happer GS ’64 has some tough words for scientists who believe that carbon dioxide is causing global warming.

“This is George Orwell. This is the ‘Germans are the master race. The Jews are the scum of the earth.’ It’s that kind of propaganda,” Happer, the Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics, said in an interview. “Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant. Every time you exhale, you exhale air that has 4 percent carbon dioxide. To say that that’s a pollutant just boggles my mind. What used to be science has turned into a cult.”

Happer served as director of the Office of Energy Research in the U.S. Department of Energy under President George H.W. Bush and was subsequently fired by Vice President Al Gore, reportedly for his refusal to support Gore’s views on climate change. He asked last month to be added to a list of global warming dissenters in a Senate Environment and Public Works Committee report. The list includes more than 650 experts who challenge the belief that human activity is contributing to global warming.

Though Happer has promulgated his skepticism in the past, he requested to be named a skeptic in light of the inauguration of President-elect Barack Obama, whose administration has, as Happer notes, “stated that carbon dioxide is a pollutant” and that humans are “poisoning the atmosphere.”

source

Fired by gore for not supporting his pension plan - so much for free speech and open government.

The picture becomes clearly constantly - this is a massive fraud.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I'm not saying humans don't play a part in climate change but wasn't there a massive solar flare that blew a hole in/or weakened the Earth's magnetosphere a few years ago? Just wondering if that could be linked because as I understand it, the magnetosphere protects us from a lot of the harmful rays etc.

IRM

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarification bud, I had thought of the anthropogenic, but generally AGW meant anti-global warming, that why I asked. And there is politics involved in this, I accept it.

But we must note that we caused this, and now the time has come for us to take actions for this harm caused, and we must do our part in planting more trees and conserving energy and why does the extra taxation come in the middle.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Hi IRM the magnetosphere does protect us from the harmful particles, but there is a physical mechanism involved in this, have you ever wondered why the solar particles causing auoras are channeled to the poles alone?

The answer is that the charged particles which hit the magnetosphere near the equator hit it in a perpendicular direction and hence experiences a repulsive force, but near the polar region, the particles flow parallel to the field and hence are able to directly enter the atmosphere.

That is lorentz force. Take a look at this link.

lorentz force

top topics

join