It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation and then evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Just a few minutes back I saw a programme on the National Geographic regarding evolution of life, and this made me to think of the long running debate between the two sides of creationism and evolution. And I also remembered the articles in this months edition of Scientific American which had overwhelming evidence of evolution.

Now, that does not mean that I dont believe in god. I believe in god. And this made me think of an new theory of both creationism and evolution.

Everyone knows that classical big bang theory fails at the moment the universe was born and all laws of physics and mathematics fail. So, I have a theory that at that moment god created the universe through the big bang, and then the universe gradually evolved over billions of years forming the stars and solar system, and then life, has evolved from the primitive algae over millions of years to the current bio-diversity that we see now.

In that way, all the evolutionary traits we see is valid and also the creationists point that god created the universe.

Any opinions; please do comment. All thoughts are welcome.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
hehehe

Everyone knows that classical big bang theory fails at the moment the universe was born

and sir you say it better than i have tried over many threads..

BORN.. WE ARE IN SOMETHING ALIVE..

why how who what? "infinity"

We need to understand being alive is the gift... not god not evoultion

we have one prime objective.. STAY ALIVE.. that is our goal as humans..

the rest is a no brainer...

evolution of life = life? what is life..

Now, that does not mean that I dont believe in god = what is god?

In that way, all the evolutionary traits we see is valid and also the creationists point that god created the universe.

you are a smaller version "not in body" i dont confuse the two.. your body does not reflect the shape of a human..

But you are the some of its parts what part? who knows... but you are living in something at is infact alive...

we are on a very very big scale and a very very small scale.. what way do we go on this ride?

or what is the best way to stay alive inside what it is we are in.. thats my question.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult

we have one prime objective.. STAY ALIVE.. that is our goal as humans..

Ok we can have it your way, how are we alive now?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I agree, creation does not conflict with evolution nor does evolution conflict with creation. First it is created then it evolves.

I believe that creation and evolution are two pieces of the same puzzle, that fit together perfectly.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
yeah and we need to get good at both real quick..

You want to end up like T REX? i sure as hell dont lol

good thread s+f

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

sorry peace its not a new idea its called theistic evolution, its the model many(probabily the highest percentage) of the worlds christians believe

the universe and life etc was created through natural processes (as described by science) becasue thats how god wanted it to happen, he was smart enough to set it up and let it run rather then so inept he had to keep poking and prodding things to change them and make them work

who told you the maths for the bigbang fail? the maths and laws all work fine right up to plank time of the start of the expansion, we cant get closer because plank time is the smallest measure of time we can work in

[edit on 14/1/09 by noobfun]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
How very convenient - every time a religious fruit cake realises that what they are told in bible and sunday school is logical badger dung, they simply shift the goal posts -

The big bang is a "theory" not a fact, you are now saying that God created the universe through a theory which has neither been proved or disproved, rather is simply a well accepted hypothesis, with a great deal of circumstantial evidence ...

This is actually the closest I have every seen a religious nutjob come to the truth because that is all God has ever been - a theory.

Tell me what evidence do you have (such as expanding galaxies, dark matter, relative theory) do have to back up your "idea" ?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Excellent! This has been my theory for years now, and when I tell people, I think they think im nuts. Its good to hear someone else has this idea!

It makes sense to me. God started the process, and sat back and watched it all come together. In a sense it is creation, because he started it, but then everything evolved from there!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun

sorry peace its not a new idea its called theistic evolution, its the model many(probabily the highest percentage) of the worlds christians believe

the universe and life etc was created through natural processes (as described by science) becasue thats how god wanted it to happen, he was smart enough to set it up and let it run rather then so inept he had to keep poking and prodding things to change them and make them work

Not according to the Bible - its one or the other - and this was never put forward in the bible - hence - no god,

QED.

However the fact that something may have created the universe is obvious and must be true as it i here - to claim it was your GOD is clap trap - to claim it was your God, who has implicitly said otherwise and has repeatedly stated that this is simply not true and that he made it in seven days, blah blah means you are blasphemous.

One or the other - not both.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
How very convenient - every time a religious fruit cake realises that what they are told in bible and sunday school is logical badger dung, they simply shift the goal posts -

The big bang is a "theory" not a fact, you are now saying that God created the universe through a theory which has neither been proved or disproved, rather is simply a well accepted hypothesis, with a great deal of circumstantial evidence ...

This is actually the closest I have every seen a religious nutjob come to the truth because that is all God has ever been - a theory.

Tell me what evidence do you have (such as expanding galaxies, dark matter, relative theory) do have to back up your "idea" ?

neither been proved or disproved

Loop ; )

that is our main problem here.. We DONT KNOW

so why do we keep asking WHAT WE DONT KNOW

I see ants with more interlect than most humans....

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Not according to the Bible - its one or the other - and this was never put forward in the bible - hence - no god,
its called none literal interpretation

some people see it as a metaphor becasue god told them in a way they would understand with thier lack of knolwedge on how the universe works

QED
QED was rubbish always prefered Horizon as a better popular science program

However the fact that something may have created the universe is obvious and must be true as it i here
well the science says its always been here in one form or another, so are you refering to its present state? or a state prior to the bigbang that we are presently unable to identify?

with this creation event?

- to claim it was your GOD is clap trap - to claim it was your God,
did someone invent an athiest god? they forgot to tell me about about it, and doesnt that defy the whole point of bieng an athiest if we have a god?

sorry i dont have one maybe i can borrow one for a bit to represent my god you keep mentioning,

who has implicitly said otherwise and has repeatedly stated that this is simply not true and that he made it in seven days, blah blah means you are blasphemous.

nice false dichotemy, either your a funddie or you sound like one

you can have science, science and religeon or just religeon, it all depends how narrow minded and funadamentally messed up you are

science cant do supernatural so it ignores it, theres always a spot to stick one in, i just dont happen to believe in one to stick anywhere

[edit on 14/1/09 by noobfun]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
we can if we stop asking stupid questions...

I mean what is it you ask??

why why why why

not how to Be Be Be alive??

understand dont question....

to question is never know what you are looking for

to understand is to follow a path the path is infinity.

your place is in life in this is to be ALIVE... shall we not be alive then nothing shalll be what we wish..

what do we wish? harmony? utopia?

or chaos?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
look at what he says here..

----

Just a few minutes back I saw a programme on the National Geographic regarding evolution of life

----

Life as in humans?? or "life" as a creation of "god" / "aliens"

heh?

evolution is the story of life path...

life is the creation of god.. or aliens "take a view"..

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No one can deny that the universe and our life and how the human organs functions is full of mystery.

The theory of everything has not yet been fully devised. We dont know much at all. The answer for most questions is, "I dont know". And so, this is just a thought.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

For your clarification, I am not a christian, so I dont know what the bible says regarding this.

Ok course big bang is a theory. Just tell me, has any scientific theory been proved to be accurate for our observations?

Will you say our life as a theory?

Can you prove your ideas first?

new topics

top topics

join