It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible, Man's book or God's Word?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I'll give a nugget...

The "key" to knowing whether it's the time of the end or if it's just a normal time for these signs is the word:

'Exponential Curves'

Look at the frequency of all these things and you'll notice that since 1917 they have all shot up vertically on a line graph in exponential curves.

It's the exact time Jesus spoke of, the end times.

HERE

[edit on 9-7-2010 by NOTurTypical]

Hello there NoturTypical,

The site you looked at seems to show me things that are in understanding, natural for knowledge and expansion over time. To me, they just seem like a natural order and cycle that time brings. The more people and more medicines and more knowledge (all due to time) have constantly increased.

Are you saying that sense we have developed advance warfare, that since people live longer, that since we gain knowledge at fast levels in certain areas ....that this shows the end times are near?

Who is to say, that space travel is not a part of our future. That we have still many diseases to cure and sickness's to heal, that we will be able to one day reach stretch our population beyond Earth, that we have still yet many things to discover and achieve that may harm us or aid us. I think our population mass and our illness to our Earth is going to teach us some lessons over time...I think we will learn from those, mabey very slowly....but I just dont see a end in site really....I see natural process and order and cycles going on for a long time....much past earth, much pass what we 'think' we know today....the problem with our species....we seem to beg for learning the hard way.

I see no reason or signs of a 'end'. Mabey our own lessons that are due....and that may be hard times...but that doesnt mean a end.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

dang girl I thought you knew-lol, yes Bootes is fascinating in a few ways and really was not to much into until couple a months or so ago due to coming across info about and a few scripts, think I read on one of them it was like a billions times bright as the sun?-

"No other known object or type of explosion could be seen by the naked eye at such an immense distance," says Swift science team member Stephen Holland of Goddard. "If someone just happened to be looking at the right place at the right time, they saw the most distant object ever seen by human eyes without optical aid."
GRB 080319B's afterglow was 2.5 million times more luminous than the most luminous supernova ever recorded, making it the most intrinsically bright object ever observed by humans in the universe. The most distant previous object that could have been seen by the naked eye is the nearby galaxy M33, a relatively short 2.9 million light-years from Earth.

here's a few sites about-
science.nasa.gov...

theopenscroll.com...

www.skyscript.co.uk...

We saw his star-Matt2.2

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

I remember reading about the one that was 13 billion light years away, for it made me think about the Universe being 13 billion years old. I did not note though that it was in the direction of Leo. I notice when I go searching on this kind of stuff, I will read on things for days

The whole jet things fascinates me.

Could they be signs of the universe, recycling? When a black hope produces such a jet....is this a cycle of 'going in' and 'going out'?

Whatcha think about that?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I did read this particular most luminous thing showed a pole reversal? which if I remember right was only known to occur with our sun and first one ever known in grb's?-i think thats what I read-and also think its a good thing and may mean a reversal from hateful zealots dictating to actually serving the people more so and for the good thereby being and securing blessings for both? after all alot of people involvment nation and worldwide right now, her is another cool somethin-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

for God so loved the world-john3.16

The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves.-Luke22.25

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

I did read this particular most luminous thing showed a pole reversal? which if I remember right was only known to occur with our sun and first one ever known in grb's?-i think thats what I read-and also think its a good thing and may mean a reversal from murderous zealots dictating to actually serving the people thereby being and securing blessings for both? after all alot of people involvment worldwide right now- heavens and earth, this is pretty cool too in certain ways-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So you think that a pole reversal would rid the Earth of bad things, bringing blessings to those for reward? Did I read your thought on that wrong?

You await a outside force to 'fix' what you find to be 'wrong' here? Do you not think part of our path in learning is us becoming better by learning over time, that the good and bad will have to sift itself out, with hard lessons learned and knowledge and maturity as a species with time?

What do you think it means when said....we are to move mountains, we will go on to do better things>

Even from a babe, we learn through lessons, through experiences, through the feelings we gain from experiences, through our reactions to our feelings. Even learn through watching others learn hard lessons. If this happens to each of us as individuals....mabey this must happen on a whole, as a species too. Does this idea scare you....that God awaits us to learn how to bring heaven to earth, ourselves>

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

serve as signs-Gen1.14

At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky-Matt24.30

Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.-Gal5.1

does'nt come right away-thousand years?-a turn/shift

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Could you answer my questions/thoughts in your own words....

Are you saying you dont believe we are to figure this out for ourselves, that its not a part of our path to fix our wrongs and make this heaven on Earth....ourselves?

You await someone to fix it what man has done?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

???(who)Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.-Gal5.1 should I rewrite/type this?

nevermind, are the gospels of peace written/typed in your sig? talk to ya later, have fun with the links

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

???(who)Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.-Gal5.1 should I rewrite/type this?

nevermind, are the gospels of peace written/typed in your sig? talk to ya later, have fun with the links

Do you assume that since I found something in the gospels of peace that I believe every word of them> Do you think that since I quote something in my signature I consider those gospels as a holy word from God completely? Surely I cant qoute something I find of wisdom....and it not be assumed that I consider the entire perfect. If I quote something from Albert Einstein, does that mean I take all his words as truth>

I used to have a quote from him in my signature....it said...
Only a life lived for others, is a life worth while. I found truth in that, so used in it my signature.

But to explain things to people, I use my own words....if I quote someone, I then explain why I have understanding in what they said, in my own words.

Can I not put in my signature....'Love your enemies, and do unto others as you want them to do unto you' and that be ok even though I dont take the Bible as the word of God?

I can explain to you in my own words, why I understand what is in my signature. Its not there because I placed my faith in a gospel that I except as ALL truth. There are some things I do not accept in those gospels as spiritual wisdom, just like any other book.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If you stop listening to the words of a unknown author then you'll realize the fictitious stand point of the thread.

The time spent with this thread will only lead to a disappointment in reasoning.

Of course there's no writer. Ask anyone, they'll tell you they don't know.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Erad3]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Erad3

I think this thread has alot of great posters who have offered much reasoning...against 'unknown authors.

At least give them a little credit

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

I'll give a nugget...

The "key" to knowing whether it's the time of the end or if it's just a normal time for these signs is the word:

'Exponential Curves'

Look at the frequency of all these things and you'll notice that since 1917 they have all shot up vertically on a line graph in exponential curves.

It's the exact time Jesus spoke of, the end times.

HERE

[edit on 9-7-2010 by NOTurTypical]

Hello there NoturTypical,

The site you looked at seems to show me things that are in understanding, natural for knowledge and expansion over time. To me, they just seem like a natural order and cycle that time brings. The more people and more medicines and more knowledge (all due to time) have constantly increased.

Are you saying that sense we have developed advance warfare, that since people live longer, that since we gain knowledge at fast levels in certain areas ....that this shows the end times are near?

Who is to say, that space travel is not a part of our future. That we have still many diseases to cure and sickness's to heal, that we will be able to one day reach stretch our population beyond Earth, that we have still yet many things to discover and achieve that may harm us or aid us. I think our population mass and our illness to our Earth is going to teach us some lessons over time...I think we will learn from those, mabey very slowly....but I just dont see a end in site really....I see natural process and order and cycles going on for a long time....much past earth, much pass what we 'think' we know today....the problem with our species....we seem to beg for learning the hard way.

I see no reason or signs of a 'end'. Mabey our own lessons that are due....and that may be hard times...but that doesnt mean a end.
What I am saying is this.

The Lord said when you see these signs "coming on like birth pangs of a woman.." meaning just as in childbirth, happening more frequently and more violently then we'll know the time is drawing near for His return and the end of the church age.

now when you look at all these signs over the past few centuries in a line graph format you'll notice that around 1914-1917 they stop making a graaaadual climb upwards but begin to shoot up in exponential curves.

You may or may not know what an exponential curve is, if not it's when on a line graph you may see either a gradual increase or decrease over time then suddenly either the line will shoot almost straight upwards or downwards. This is an "exponential curve".

So yes, these events have always been happening throughout human history, the detractors are in fact correct to say this. However, what they certainly fail to see is that while they have always happened, since 1914-1917 they have all taken exponential curves upwards in frequency and magnitude.

That's how we know it's the time of the end, just as the Lord said, these "signs" would come on as birth pangs at the end right before His return.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Exponential Curves

Another look at this phenomena.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If you look hard enough, youll find what you 'want' to see.

I see all things that are happening as a natural process. Nothing seems odd or out of place. There is more knowledge to be had, there is more room for growth beyond this sphere, there is much more room for humans to unite and work together as a species, there is much room for us to learn things. I see no end in site....Im just stating a different view then what you have.

To be honest, I think we are only half way around our cycle, that would mean another 13,000 more years to go for us to learn what we are meant to learn, as a unit.

As a species, we have much to learn still.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

If you look hard enough, youll find what you 'want' to see.

I see all things that are happening as a natural process. Nothing seems odd or out of place. There is more knowledge to be had, there is more room for growth beyond this sphere, there is much more room for humans to unite and work together as a species, there is much room for us to learn things. I see no end in site....Im just stating a different view then what you have.

To be honest, I think we are only half way around our cycle, that would mean another 13,000 more years to go for us to learn what we are meant to learn, as a unit.

As a species, we have much to learn still.

I think you've got it backwards, you don't see what you don't want to believe. I'm just looking at what the Lord said and comparing it to the data in the form of a line graph. Pretty simple stuff actually.

It also appears to me you didn't read anything whatsoever I said. Am I incorrect? I did say, YES all these signs have gone on and occurred since the day Jesus said what the signs of the end times would be. However, Jesus said at the time of the end these signs would come on as "birth pangs" (pains) of a woman. Meaning, just like contractions, they will occur much more frequently and more intense. Yes, all the signs of his coming, wars, earthquakes, etc. have happened since 33 AD, no one is denying them, but what we are looking for is a period in time when they greatly begin to rise in FREQUENCY and INTENSITY. Just like contractions do with women right before they give birth.

Starting around 1914-1917 all these "signs" of the end have shot upwards in "EXPONENTIAL CURVES", which MEANS exactly this:

They are occurring extremely more OFTEN and EXTREMELY more POWERFUL than in any other time in recorded history. Prophecy fulfilled, this century is the time period Jesus spoke of as the season of the time of the end. All these "signs" are occurring MUCH more frequently and powerfully this century... EXACTLY like the Lord foretold.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I didnt ignore what you said....I just said that I thought it was all part of a natural cycle. It will come and go.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Starting around 1914-1917 all these "signs" of the end have shot upwards in "EXPONENTIAL CURVES",

What did Jesus say about exponential curves?

Absolutely nothing.

Kap

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In response to the OP- definetly man made- a concept designed to control.

Christians look past bible god killing innocent children- in regards to the flood they believe that they were only going to grow up to be heathens anyway, so that's cool.

Bible god is petty, unfair, jealous and cruel (amongst other things)

It's easy to see how Christians believe we were made in his image.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think we've pretty much proved the point I set out to from the beginning, that the Bible is the work of flawed and primitive men. While it has wisdom in its pages it also contains a great deal of morally and logically questionable material and is definitely not inerrant or divinely inspired.

If I could I would close the thread here and be done with it but I see there are plenty of people still discussing, plus I really don't have the power to close a thread anyway

Here's a great quote from one of the founders of American thought, Thomas Paine, who sums up pretty well what the conclusion that I and others have come to about the Bible.

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the Word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my own part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel.

Source

There is a conspiracy of apologetics out there to get people, even in this modern age of reason and knowledge, to believe myth as a literal form of truth. They are indoctrinating children to believe every word of the Bible, to believe in a God who murders children and damns people to an infinite punishment for only one lifetime worth of misdeeds. It truly is a conspiracy of minds and it makes the ordinary Christians, those who only seek to follow Christ's teachings of love, look bad.

In Conclusion: The Bible is man's book and is NOT God's Word.

Case closed

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What? I hope you are saying you're giving up. I have not even scratch the surface yet.

Like what I said, you can't prove or disprove something by just opinions.

Remember this list?

Then please consider the following facts and present your rebuttal. If you can't then there's only one thing to do – humbly accept it as the Word of God and learn from it while there's still time!

The Holy Scriptures, the inspired Word of Jehovah God, acknowledged as the greatest book of all times because of:

1.Its antiquity.
2.Its total circulation.
3.The number of languages into which it has been translated.
4.Its surpassing greatness as a literary masterpiece.
5.And its overwhelming importance to all mankind.

Independent of all other books:

1.It imitates no other.
2.It stands on its own merits, giving credit to its unique Author.
3.The Bible is also distinguished as having survived more violent controversy than any other book, hated as it is by many enemies.

Show me a book that can rival it.

Then there's these:

No other book took so long to complete it. A period of some 1,610 years was involved in producing the Bible. Yet when put together as ONE book – there's harmony. Who else can produce such a book if it's not guided by God?

As an accurate historical work and one that penetrates the past to great depths, the Bible far surpasses all other books. However, it is of much greater value in the field of prophecy, foretelling as it does the future that only the King of Eternity can reveal with accuracy.

God’s Word of truth in a very practical way sets men free from ignorance, superstitions, human philosophies, and senseless traditions of men. (Joh 8:32)

Need more?

Consider this too:

Authenticity. The veracity/accuracy of the Bible has been attacked from many quarters, but none of these efforts has undermined or weakened its position in the least.

Take for example:

Bible history: Its history is accurate and can be relied upon.

Races and languages: What the Bible says about races and languages of mankind is also true. All peoples, regardless of stature, culture, color, or language, are members of one human family.

Practicality: The Bible’s teachings, examples, and doctrines are most practical for modern man. The righteous principles and high moral standards contained in this book set it apart as far above all other books.

Scientific accuracy. When it comes to scientific accuracy the Bible is not lacking – 100% accurate.

Cultures and customs. On points relating to cultures and customs, in no regard is the Bible found to be wrong. In political matters, the Bible always speaks of a ruler by the proper title that he bore at the time of the writing.

Candor. Bible writers displayed a candor that is not found among other ancient writers. From the very outset, Moses frankly reported his own sins as well as the sins and errors of his people, a policy followed by the other Hebrew writers. They willingly admitted and revealed their faults.

Integrity: Facts testify to the integrity of the Bible. The Bible narrative is inseparably interwoven with the history of the times.

Prophecy: If there is a single point that alone proves the Bible to be the inspired Word of Jehovah it is the matter of prophecy. There are scores of long-range prophecies in the Bible that have been fulfilled.

There's more but I think its is more than enough. So those of you who are belittling the Holy Scriptures, please inform us and the Almighty of your great wisdom! Prove that the Bible is not His word as He himself is inviting you:

".. Let him who accuses God answer him!"

(Job 40:2 NIV)

I was intending to prove and provide evidence on each one of the items - but since this is your thead and want to stop from here then I'll respect your decision.

been nice conversing with you and others.

ty,
edmc2

Conclusion:

So far based on the proof and evidence presented the Bible is NO DOUBT the Word Of God!

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join