It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible, Man's book or God's Word?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
SR

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The guy who is meant to have created us all and the universe can't even form a coherent sentence without contradicting it a couple of pages later and doesn't have a grasp on nature's limitations yet supposedly created the damn thing lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

I have a question for you. Do you know why it is that only prophets hear from God? Do people believe it is because these men and women were good people?

They were not good people, matter of fact, they were the worst of their kind. This is eluded too many times, but these horrible men who were murderers and thieves, and robbers heard from God, because God comes out of his place to punish the In habitants of the earth.

These men were so bad, that God came out of them to speak to them. In other words they were schizophrenic...quite literally.

Because they pushed iniquity beyond it's bodily limit, God came out to judge them whose wrath is more frightening then one could ever imagine who have not had schizophrenic episodes.

Many kill themselves it is so frightening.

They KNOW God is real, because for every tester, there must also be the death of the testator.

He dwells in the meek, but also in the powerful, yet he pities those who have divided him with a fist of discipline. The disciples were not good men, they were the worst society had and is why they are called disciples, because they are being disciplined. No glory in it, only truth.

Jesus and Judas are the same man. Beginning and End. More details of the same story, beyond thunder dome if you know what I mean. "Two man enter, one man leave". The ark of Noah, the thunder dome....The Pyramid.

No contradictions, history is not your story. Your story is ALIVE, his is dead.

Love to you all

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
God uses prophets to write his word, that way there's no proof God did it, forcing everyone to have faith, the opposite of fear, the spiritually dead have no faith they are unfammiliar with that it is, it's kinda like optimism and being happy and hoping for something that is there, but it only works if that something actually is there, so if you claim to have faith in something that isn't there or isn't true it's just a false belief. So man wrote down the texts that formed the bible, Excepting the 10 commandments, which cannot be found, and never will be found, because of course that would be too much proof and again faith wouldn't be as important than cold hard evidence now would it, that's why I believe the shroud of turin is faker than fake, hold no faith in it for all faith held in the fake shroud is in vain.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SR

lol

; D

6thline!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
haha :p ur so funny
btw ur avatar rocks

But on topic i would say that i got to this point using mathmatics.. i know that sounds realy odd to many but for me having my feet on the ground ment alot to me and still does.

The bible is a good book dont geet me wrong flawed yes ! but it atleasts tells men to work as a team, well thats what it told me..

Now with that in hand we still have the question of god and who or what is he??

well tbh you can ask untill a cow flys over and snips on you! becouse thats one thing we wont ever find out..

Now we come to the harsh reality of being "alive".. what is this??? im alive!!!

now we can see ALLL things in the universe and its crazy madness!

If god did infact give us a gift, i shall tell you what it is

BEING ALIVE.. to witness it

Very pragmatic i know but, understanding is not the same thing as questioning something...

Its like reading a book.. do you question what you read or do you want to get to the end of the book??

Humans are very stupid
we question things we dont even understand and that leads into infinity...

Lets question things we do unerstand! that way we can understand them better.. like this thread.

I can prove math is your so called third eye becouse being alive shows it "in nature"

pattens / symmerty / any loop is the result of you being here to see it..
Its life in all its glory..

For me the important part of life is being alive.. not asking things i dont understand or will never get the answer too..

Do we as humans have a goal? Nope we dont.. why? we keep asking the wrong question..

untill we stop asking pointless things we will never understand wtf it means infact to BE alive...and not dead becouse thats the end of my "loop"

Everything is possible becouse im alive, when im not alive.. well who cares lol my loop just ended and so did the universe and everything inside outside above and below.. "infiintiy".. we are in affect infinitys YANG and it is our YING

sorry the post was so long its hard trying to put it down "im crap at english" ; p

I am a musician by trade. If not for numbers and patterns (only real language) I would have been lost.

I know exactly what you mean, but don't be confused on God. I hate that name. Don't be confused on "Self existent". That is literally his name. Say it in any language you want, but this is Hebrew. Yew/Yahu/Yeho Without YOU there is no ME...Do you see? Take you away and you don't see me. Do you see?

Self existent is angry everyday over this, because people will not be him, but he is already them. Separate you, you separate him.

Do not be confused but KNOW and BE. You are not the totality, you have no end, just like you had no beginning...just the perception that you did, but you don't remember beginning and you won't remember end because as you have said. The gift, this gift....Is always Alive.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

haha we sound like a per of two stoned hippies lol

ahh

this it what it means to be alive "to laugh and enjoy the moment"

yes the moments we have may suck!!!! but still atleast you got the chance to be here heh

I make infinity happen every moment im alive...

I think that is my understanding so far

[edit on 14-1-2009 by theresult]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingunknown
God uses prophets to write his word, that way there's no proof God did it, forcing everyone to have faith, the opposite of fear, the spiritually dead have no faith they are unfammiliar with that it is, it's kinda like optimism and being happy and hoping for something that is there, but it only works if that something actually is there, so if you claim to have faith in something that isn't there or isn't true it's just a false belief. So man wrote down the texts that formed the bible, Excepting the 10 commandments, which cannot be found, and never will be found, because of course that would be too much proof and again faith wouldn't be as important than cold hard evidence now would it, that's why I believe the shroud of turin is faker than fake, hold no faith in it for all faith held in the fake shroud is in vain.

God is true. Anything done of God is done for all men to see. If it is in the dark, it is not of God.

Faith manifests life. Blind faith falls in a grave. Many, many, many are walking in Blind faith thinking they have real faith. Faith without works is not faith. Faith manifests, blind faith does not. God is true...very simple. He saw the light and it was good. He is parable and contradiction to those seeking there own ends and to them God personally grants their end.

Truth is the measure, so that when people see what is true, they will see God. Until this happens, men will be a living soul, not a life giving spirit. Faith, true faith, manifests. If it can't be seen and verified, or it simply is not true.

I can show you salvation. "The son of man". No Christian is going to make that little wooden Jesus come off that cross, because it is a lie. It will not, because it cannot save. You are the real deal, stop giving power to an image. (not you flyingunknown) all of us.

Nothing is hidden friends. Truth is the easiest thing in the world. People make it hard, but as sure as you can see your hand in front of you, you view a hand of God. Don't be fooled any more....LIVE.

Life after life, how long until you see? How long must we sleep and wake up. It is like groundhogs day for ever over here. Please see and wake up. I feel like Bill Murray. No matter how many times I walk in front of a bus, I am right back here....PLEASE wake up....please....remember who you are....please believe that you are who you know you are at your core....tsion

What generation did you see the dove settle on? Is that freedom Rock...we'll turn IT UP man.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

haha we sound like a per of two stoned hippies lol

ahh

this it what it means to be alive "to laugh and enjoy the moment"

yes the moments we have may suck!!!! but still atleast you got the chance to be here heh

I make infinity happen every moment im alive...

I think that is my understanding so far

[edit on 14-1-2009 by theresult]

uh hum....Shaman thank you....
...lol

We use herbs for spiritual purposes....

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Seriously though, What would Jesus Drink?....lol I hope it's not really a pabst blue ribbon.

lol

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SR
The guy who is meant to have created us all and the universe can't even form a coherent sentence without contradicting it a couple of pages later and doesn't have a grasp on nature's limitations yet supposedly created the damn thing lol.

You speak of it like it already happened...but you don't see it IS happening, not past, but now always current.

You want a mind bumper? Try to figure that one out. How can a whole book be occurring right now...this instance....right now....? Every story is hot and live. All you got to do is read the original scripts, word for word.

You pass off this book because of Dogma, but your Karma will find your Dogma and create all kinds of Drama.

Does a pyramid really end at the tip, or is that just the tip of the pyramid?

"The Neverending Story"...and you thought it was a movie.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Well, yes, that's what I think. 'God' is a very very abstract concept which is really just energy and life made into a human representation.

Basically at an early stage in our development people anthropormorphised this concept as it was easier to understand and relate to. They simply lacked the advanced understanding that we do now -- that there is no 'supreme being' or 'bearded fella in a toga' who also wrote a very silly book about retribution killings, not eating meat on Fridays, his son who was a zombie and for us to practice vampirism (I'm extrapolating slightly
)

Point is, we as a race have advanced enough that we should know better and that a collection of stories written by clans of very scared, undeveloped people some 2000+ years ago simply is not relative to the issue we face today.

Nor should it be paraded around as an unquestionable 'law' or irrefutable evidence of 'God' -- in the toga sense, not the life/energy sense.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
But another example of why I am convinced the Bible is written by humans is due to God's inferiority complex and possibly his small willie!

This is best detailed by him getting peeved when people erect a Golden Calf and worship it. He goes a bit mental and tells them all that they should worship no idol but him.

I mean, c'mon! How can such a perfect being, so kind and love us all and who gave us *free will* say you can't worship anything but him? How insecure is that??

That's because he DIDN'T say that. To anyone. Or any prophet, etc. There was no burning bush, no NRA-supporting muppets coming down from a mountain with stone tablets ordering people how to live. It was conceived by humans as a means to control humans and to gain/maintain power over humans. Simple.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

and i shall say to you sir

well Met!

hehe

its very odd and strange how one will see life..

we have 2 things going on here.. God " a never ending question "
and then we have our IPOD..

i like to use IPOD to show how we are as the "real us"...

ok sure i may go to hell or heaven but the fact is my ipod track listing is more important and real for me in the "now"...

untill we as humans understand NOW then we are going to be very much up the creek without a paddel...

we only need to stop being selfish and start being selfish as a race and not as a person..

why cant we do all the things we dream of? what is it that holds us back??

the question is what holds us back

our very own insecurtiy as a race..never knowing but forecer questioning

pretty sick if u ask me...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

Well, yes, that's what I think. 'God' is a very very abstract concept which is really just energy and life made into a human representation.

Basically at an early stage in our development people anthropormorphised this concept as it was easier to understand and relate to. They simply lacked the advanced understanding that we do now -- that there is no 'supreme being' or 'bearded fella in a toga' who also wrote a very silly book about retribution killings, not eating meat on Fridays, his son who was a zombie and for us to practice vampirism (I'm extrapolating slightly
)

Point is, we as a race have advanced enough that we should know better and that a collection of stories written by clans of very scared, undeveloped people some 2000+ years ago simply is not relative to the issue we face today.

Nor should it be paraded around as an unquestionable 'law' or irrefutable evidence of 'God' -- in the toga sense, not the life/energy sense.

Very well articulated - Thanks.

But reality and rationality doesn't appeal to people's wanting to abrogate responsibility for their lives. Belief in magic and looking for answers in a collection of charming fantasy has more emotional appeal.

If there is a a God, in the conventional anthropomorphic sense, he's probably insulted this bad fiction is attributed to him.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

to put it another way

hes dissapointed

he gave us the gift and we keep asking why!!!

he dont plan on telling us lot why he did..

the qeustion for us lot as humans is we neeeed to be in the game to understand it..

god is a very good poker player lol

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

god is a very good poker player lol

Undoubtedly. However I kind of wish 'he/it/whatever' would tell us what game we're playing is, the rules and then let us see our hole cards before we go 'all in'

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

the rules are simple

stay alive..

or be gone.. from what it is we understand..

aliens if they are real "im guessing they are" understand this game very well...

We are alive... our playground is pi...

why question it???

lets get on with our job.. lets stay in the loop

I dont mean to be so pragmatic about it but this is the truth of the matter...

We as a race NEED to stay alive... or what is the point in the very question we seek?

the only problem we face is greed, and minipulation..

think of ants vs humans

what one is smarter?

there is our problem

the BORG are ants

we are dumb... or controlled, take your pick..

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
No one has yet attempted to refute my argument, from what I can tell, most of the responses are in agreement with my point...

My belief is that the Universe IS God, this erases the Creationism versus Abiogenesis debate because if the Universe is God and life came about due to the Universe than God did create life... It makes sense on a lot of levels if you think about it...

But I, for one, am tired of ignorant people clinging to their dying religions, I say keep your belief in God but forget everything you've been told to believe about God so that your mind can be open to the real truth rather than closed by the blinders of religion...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
No one has yet attempted to refute my argument, from what I can tell, most of the responses are in agreement with my point...

Yup

Abrahamic god's running death total:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apt quote:

"The bible is a blueprint of in-group morality,complete with instructions for genocide,enslavement of out groups,and world domination.
But the bible is not evil by virtue of its objectives or even its glorification of murder,cruelty and rape.
Many ancient works do that-the Iliad, the Icelandic sagas, the tales of the ancient Syrians and the inscriptions of the ancient Mayans,for example.
But noone is selling the Iliad as a foundation for morality.
Therein lies the problem."
John Hartung

Theres even a T shirt about it:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I went to a Christian secondary school in which virtually all of the teachers had attended seminary and were very well read with regard to the Christian texts. They were generally very rational, academic types, a few of whom were Rhodes Scholars--in other words, they could hold their own in any other arena. They were still unable to craft any persuasive response to my atheist objections. It usually came down to "Well, we just don't know. God has his reasons. Who are we, as mere humans, to judge?".

My philosophy is that if an action wouldn't be justifiable if perpetrated by a human, it shouldn't be justifiable when perpetrated by a god. Old Yahweh shouldn't get a free pass in the morality department.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join