It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible, Man's book or God's Word?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

God is within all things....so yes the Earth is alive and yes you can reach God, through mother nature, through awareness....that all is of Thee. The force of Thee can be found in all things that contain life.

Split the wood and I am there.

LV

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"God is within all things....so yes the Earth is alive and yes you can reach God, through mother nature, through awareness....that all is of Thee. The force of Thee can be found in all things that contain life. "

*****I'm sorry, this is not true as this is New age thinking. Only through Jesus Christ can one find God and NO other way. This will be apparent when the next shaking comes and it won't be long off. The Force of Thee and God and Jesus, will be coming to judge and no longer to save. The largest extermination of life that mankind will take place in the not so distant future, as Jesus is the only way.

"Split the wood and I am there.'

*****No, you split the wood and you have firewood and a half log.. that is all.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

Its not 'literal' wood splitting...its a understanding, there is a deeper meaning. You dont have to split a piece of wood, literally, to understand.

I am not starting more pages of debates, but if you can state your thoughts, as all state theirs, Im stating my thoughts.

So instead of repeting myself more....I think its clear what we both feel. So points well made, to both....

My best to you and yours
LV

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

No contradiction and makes perfect sense, but only in the languages penned in. This is called "sealing" the book. Without the original language, it might as well be snoopy talking.

But no doubt written by Men. I can tell you it is written by God. Who do you think God is, is the question? Perhaps what you see as contradictions, were never contradictions at all, but are concealed in plain view by language, as a treasure for those searching the map, which X marks the spot on.

Remember the Goonies? "Sloth love chunk"

No book called The Bible exists in the original languages does it? As far as I know the books were written on individual scrolls in their original form and aren't really a book, it was the Romans and Catholics that formed the book, tossing some scrolls out while adding in who knows what...

So the Bible is a treasure map, and these glaring contradictions I've found are some sort of treasure? While I'll admit some wisdom can be found in its pages...

Why do you say there is no doubt it was written by men, then in the next sentence claim its written by God?

This is why you see contradiction. I meant exactly what I said. I am here now, you are here now. We Are as I AM. Do you see? Dog's love IAM's, they are chasing there own tales, they call books. You need not a book nor to chase your tale. History is not your story. Your story is living, his is dead. DO YOU SEE?

I am going to the store, He went to the store, We are at the store. What are we buying? Separation is necessary to imagine life, but life is not Separated because it is alive not an image. There is alive only. Do you see?

What is wisdom is not knowledge. Wisdom is the wielding of Knowledge, yet children have more wisdom then any adult could dream of having. Do you see?

No riddles, no myths, no joke. "Besides me there is no savior, I know not one". "I, even I, am the Lord"....say it with me. Do you see?

Some fish fly; trout live in trees. Do you see?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

I don't understand that. Are saying that God loves games so he made this huge complicated convoluted world, then had man write out a bunch of cryptograms and the ones that fine the answers in time wins and the rest will de destroyed? Is this Celestial Survivor? I wonder what the ratings are.

When one writes in parables, it is hard to pin down a universally accepted meaning. It is also difficult to disprove. The coucil of Nicaea were wrong, but not stupid. They knew exactly what they were doing. They created the best implement of control ever fashioned by the human race. If God has a copy, it's only for a##wipe.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Religion = man = failure

Christian = spirit filled = love

Peace,
Grandma

Please finish these for me:

Muslim =
Hindu =
Judaism=

Thanks

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

And oh, what a blasphemous, dark heart you have. I cannot imagine the fate of those who reject Jesus and what He did, but for you, the ones who it isn't enough for you to reject Him, you aim to take other souls with you --- the old saying "misery loves company" couldn't be truer, shoes I hope to never ever be standing in for sure.

Awfully judgemental,.....

For a Chistian,...

Or are you actually a God?

You sure write like one from the OT,....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
what i dont get is many many christians will say "man didnt right it god did, he just used the hands of men to write" or something like that. God wrote the book thru men, ok got that, but here are a some factors,

it was and is written and translated into other languages, very prone to mistranslation.

then we have the council of nicea, many christians will claim that the council did not pick and choose which books to put into the bible, and they did not have an agenda to control the masses. ok well we are talking about the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH! if they didnt make the bible to their liking, WTF do you think they did? circle jerk all day? seriously

and then we have king james who had the bible translated into the language of the day, and nobody thinks he could have edited it to fit his agenda? we are talking about a KING here, you know fat guy on a throne who rules over people with an iron fist?

with these factors there are still people claiming the bible is absolute truth.
but hey thats not ignorance or anything.....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
"God is within all things....so yes the Earth is alive and yes you can reach God, through mother nature, through awareness....that all is of Thee. The force of Thee can be found in all things that contain life. "

*****I'm sorry, this is not true as this is New age thinking. Only through Jesus Christ can one find God and NO other way. This will be apparent when the next shaking comes and it won't be long off. The Force of Thee and God and Jesus, will be coming to judge and no longer to save. The largest extermination of life that mankind will take place in the not so distant future, as Jesus is the only way.

"Split the wood and I am there.'

*****No, you split the wood and you have firewood and a half log.. that is all.

yes and in the grimdark future there is only war. do you realize how gloomy and depressing and fictional that sounds?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
All quotes are from KJV Bible:

Proverb:14:12: There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

What seems right/just to us isn't always so.

Innocent people? It may seem so to an unbeliever, but if you're a believer these people are far from innocent.

De:21:9: So shalt thou put away the guilt of innocent blood from among you, when thou shalt do that which is right in the sight of the LORD.

Are you saying children are without sin? Innocent? Do you have to teach a child to lie or steal or to hide something? I'm not saying I agree with killing children, but who am I to question GOD.

Isa:45:9: Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

I'd like you to show me the phrase "All Loving" in the bible...true believers know the bible isn't all bubblegum and lollipops....

Eph:5:6: Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Ro:12:19: Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

God is not merciful one minute and condemning humans to torture the next...you have free will, exercise it. But whatever choice you make, you'll have to deal with the consequences (same as robbing a bank).

Read This:
Ac:16:31: And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Do you believe it? If not you've made a freewill choice to deny it. You'll have to deal with the consequences.

and of course the endlesss stream of bible quotes o boy more brainwashing.

i understand children are not completeley inocent, sometimes they lie, steal, and exchange unpleasant language
but do you really think they should be killed for it? i certainly dont.
and in what ways wre the egyptian children evil? remember were talking about the children of egypt, not of the corn.

why is it ok for god to judge us to ETERNAL hell for a time period of around 80 YEARS?

and why do you think you cant question god? thats a zealous myrmidon attitude there. dont be a zealot be a senteint being

sorry to come off harsh and no offenses

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
the council of nicea and the 1st pope whos name was constintine wrote the bible then king james put his own 2 cents in
and it just went further down hill from there

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

This is easy. You really have to put aside the typical garbage and get right down to it.... Jews wrote the Old Testament to say they are the greatest people and God is going to help them rule the Earth. Then the Christians said ''oh hell no'' and wrote the New Testament and attached it to the Old Testament in order to explain to people how the Jews are a bunch of bastards and they would eventually be destroyed by Christians. Jews are on their last leg. It is like saying the Jews are always at war with Rome and hoping for change.... BUT.... Rome is going to smash them again and again until they all hole up in their modern day metaphorical Masada and commit jewicide.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Git_r_dun
the council of nicea and the 1st pope whos name was constintine wrote the bible then king james put his own 2 cents in
and it just went further down hill from there

star for you i mentioned that too
its cool to be on the same level

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
This thread is primarily directed at Christians, specifically the ones who believe the Bible is the actual “Word of God” but I welcome the opinions of anyone else who cares to join in…

I’ve been involved in many religious debates, some more heated than others, but no Christian has yet successfully defended from the following:

If God is good, righteous, and holy than why does he smite the first-born Egyptians. Many Christians believe that children were among those Egyptian’s killed. What justification can there be for this? There is no justification, in my mind, for God to kill innocent Egyptian civilians as opposed to, say, Pharaoh himself. It was Pharaoh’s hard heart, if I’m not mistaken, that kept the Hebrews enslaved. A good God would not slaughter children.

There are some who believe the Great Flood actually took place the way the Bible says, surely some innocent children must have drown unless all the sinners were sterile.

In Job, once again, God is killing children (or allowing them to be killed), seemingly just to settle a bet with Satan…In fact Job 42:11 says,
"11Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold."
If the Bible is the word of God than God is not as All-Loving as we’ve been led to believe. Here the Bible itself is saying God is capable of EVIL and these terrible things are brought upon Job, a righteous man.

Many times the Israelites would lay siege to a city, kill ALL the men and take the women and children as slaves.

Certainly you can not, with a clear conscious, and a mind free of Cognitive Dissonance, believe in a God who kills, or condones the killing of, innocent people and yet is equated with Love and Righteousness and Mercy.

The Bible contradicts itself a hundred different ways, God is merciful one minute, and condemning human beings to eternal torment the next. Clearly, then, the Bible is not the work of God but of MAN, a true loving God would not do these things.

I welcome any and all opinions
My answer:

Both.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

I agree to a certain extent, though I wouldn't go calling a whole group of people "bastards".

It is clear that the Bible is a fairly primitive grouping of documents with a poor moral code and a depiction of a deity who is downright evil by any standards we humans would measure. I think the real test of evil here is that they often have God condoning and participating in Genocide - If God is no better than Hitler than how is he omnibenevolent or righteous?

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

It seems to me that the Bible, like other religious books, are based on human thoughts and emotions concerning their interaction with the numinous. Whether there has been editing and manipulation throughout the history of passing down these religious works seems to me to be rather obvious.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've always thought the "Bible" had a missing part taken out at the bottom of the first page, it reads;

All names, places, people and events discussed in this book are works of fiction. Any similarities to anyone alive or dead is purely coincidental etc

I'm sure the original title was something along the lines of "The Amazing Jesus"

[edit on 30-5-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
I've always thought the "Bible" had a missing part taken out at the bottom of the first page, it reads;

All names, places, people and events discussed in this book are works of fiction. Any similarities to anyone alive or dead is purely coincidental etc

I'm sure the original title was something along the lines of "The Amazing Jesus"

[edit on 30-5-2010 by strangleholder1]

lol when i was younger i heard about this thing that the morons in the military and world governments were trying to decipher known as the BIBLE CODE it was something like every three letters spelled out a prophetic message or something
and i was thinking i hope one day if its for real they decipher it and it says
YOU GOT PUNKED!-LOVE, THE JEWS

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
doesn't matter how it sounds. The truth is what it is and not made so that its pleasing to the ear. Judgement of mankind by the Lord Jesus will not be so nice.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
doesn't matter how it sounds. The truth is what it is and not made so that its pleasing to the ear. Judgement of mankind by the Lord Jesus will not be so nice.

i cant help but feel you are judging non believers, care to share?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join