It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible, Man's book or God's Word?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

the statues are, as far as i can tell, depicting humanoids with serpentine features, including fangs, scales, and webbed toes and fingers. the one from eridu is probably enki (sumerian equivalent of the serpent in the garden). the sumerian text, ENKI AND THE WORLD ORDER even calls him the great dragon.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

These folks believed that if you display striped patterns to a pregnant cow, it would bare striped calves genesis 30:37-43

This is not even remotely what the text says. Sorry, but my time is better spent than this. If you're going to make an accusation, at least read the text before you do. What're you doing, quoting from some website?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by undo]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

All and I mean all these sculptures are just creations of fantasy – do you not get that? Your basing you beliefs of reptilian aliens on thousand year old sculptures.... Look at aboriginal cave paintings. Are all aboriginal paintings influenced form real life alien encounters or simply fantasies from their imagination?

The story of Adam and Eve and the forbidden fruit is an obvious metaphor representing a choice, perhaps between innocence and responsibility. That too is an interpretation. But it was obviously not an actual deciduous plant, neither the snake an alien!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Sorry but every statue prior (and i do mean every statue) to 3000 BC was not a human being. Go back as far as you want. Even the fat earth goddess statue is a reptilian. They gave her a human head thinking it must've been a human (the head was missing), but she has webbed, clawed toes and scales. her head was almost certainly a serpentine one, same as the rest of the statues before 3000 BC.

you show me a human statue prior to 3000 BC and i'll consider your argument about the statues being fantasy. otherwise, according to both biblical and sumerian texts and sumerian artifacts, enki was a serpentine humanoid who had, among other descriptions, the moniquer of great dragon.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
sigh, it doesn't say whale in the text. it calls it a great fish, which is translated from the word "dag". it was later interpreters of the story who called it a whale. for all we know, it could've been a big submarine that seemed like a big fish to jonah. or any other possibility, including a metaphorical story or an object lesson story. who knows. i don't and neither do you. but please, if you're going to critique the material, at least read it first.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by undo]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

They thought that if you use a magic wand to sprinkle blood all over someone, it will cure them of leprosy Leviticus 11:6

did you even read the verse before you quoted it?
listen, when you get ready to have a serious discussion on this topic, you get back to me.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

and if you read my posts before, you would know that i don't say the serpentine humanoids are aliens. in fact, i claim they predate humans ON THIS PLANET. That makes them indigenous and therefore, earthlings. read what i'm saying, not what you think i'm saying and then read the texts before you critique them and for gads sakes, read the material that i link. if you can't do any of that, leave me alone.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

every statue prior to 3000 BC was not a human being. show me a human statue prior to 3000 BC and i'll consider your argument about the statues being fantasy.

Yep they were not human looking at all and I can tell you why. I watched this explanation on a bbc doc and it makes a fair case. When we lived in caves we started painting our hands and then animals and ourselves for the first time. The reason we started painting was because we would be in a trance due possibly to plants with drugs of some sort. We would go into a trance and see everything differently.

Sometimes we would see our hand look abnormal due to the plants mind altering drug effect so we would try to paint what we are seeing on the wall so after the trance is over we can remember it. Then some times we would have trances where we think we are spiritually contacting animals, so they start painting animals. Then ourselves etc.

As our skills develop in art we begin to create sculptures. This is when we begin to create half human and animal statues. Makes plenty more sense then Indigenous reptilian humanoids!

[edit on 18-1-2009 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

READ WHAT I SAY! NOT WHAT YOU THINK I SAY!
last time i'm gonna say it, and then you're on your own.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks for the pointing the out mistake, it should have been -

“We’re talking about people who think that rabbits chew cud, and that bats are birds, Leviticus 11:6, 11:13-19 Deuteronomy 14:11-18”

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Makes plenty more sense then Indigenous reptilian humanoids!

Did you read the .pdf file i linked?
did you read the sumerian text enki and the world order?
the artifacts support this.
the texts support this.
even other cultures texts support this.
am i too believe that for thousands of years, all the
people were worshippers of the snake and dressed themselves
in those costumes exclusively, including webbed toes and fingers?

as far as the much later egyptian statues are concerned, that's an entirely different timeframe and has very little to do with sumer. all the ancient stories are trying to tell you something. prior to the flood that wiped sumer and pretty much any civ along bodies of water from the mediterranean, to egypt, to sumer, it was all about serpentine humanoids. if those are all humans in costumes, they sure went to an awful lot of trouble, including making the babies heads extremely elongated. so were the skeletons from the area said to be showing indications of head binding? betcha not.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

am i too believe that for thousands of years, all the
people were worshippers of the snake and dressed themselves
in those costumes exclusively, including webbed toes and fingers?

Actually, when I trawled to Mexico and saw the Aztec and Mayan pyramids, one of the cultures – can’t remember which one, but one of them (you know I think it was the Aztecs) had snakes as one of their gods
The main features on some of the ancient buildings were snake heads.

Quetzalcoatl
en.wikipedia.org...

Now are saying indigenous reptilian humanoids contacted the Aztecs??? Even though there are like so many other gods they worshiped, Quetzalcoatl, just being one of many gods worshipped around the world at that time.

as far as the much later egyptian statues are concerned, that's an entirely different timeframe

Right so when it’s Egyptian gods it’s irrelevant because it doesn’t fit in with your reptilian theory. Gotcha....

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

maybe.

did you read the .pdf yet?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

The Bible is the work of men as is the Torah and the Qu'ran. All three religions are rubbish! More people have been killed in the name of someone else's dog... I mean 'god' due to blind faith, hatred, fear, elitism, xenophobia and fanaticism than anything else. All three books are equally as poisonous!

History has passed it's own unbiased judgment!

Religion = Failure!

IRM

NOTHING has created more trouble and war than religion. Nothing. Maybe excluding Buddhism, but then many argue that Buddhism isn't so much a religion as it is a philosophy of life.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Mans Book also called "The doctrines of men"

Gods word spirit and truth. Spirit because it comes out of Mans mouth and truth because it is accomplished.

Any words spoken, yet not fulfilled is not true and not of God, but if the word is spoken and performed it is spoken by God.

Peace

Meaning that if I say something, then do what I said, I can rightfully claim that it was the will of God? Isn't that exactly what some of the most far-out religion-nutters use as their defence? "God spoke to me", "I heard voices" and "I am just a humble servant of God's will"?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by moniker

actually there's one thing that's rivalling it and preparing to surpass it -- in an attempt to rid the planet of religion, billions of religious people have been killed by communist regimes since the onset of communism. not that i'm fond of religion per sey but i am rather fond of my fellow humans whether religious or not.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by theresult

Seriously though, What would Jesus Drink?....lol I hope it's not really a pabst blue ribbon.

Nope, but probably the best beer in the world. The only wholly holy one.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wehali
Just look at the bible belt in the United States, these people are
become complete lunatics!

At least many of them (which I quickly found out when I lived there).

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
Of course it was written by man. But to have existed this long with so much effort put forth to keep it alive, and make it the greatest mass produced book in history, with the book of Alcoholic's Anonymous not too far behind (also loosely based on the Bible), it has to have had some divine impetus behind it!

Hardly, although it had some great marketing behind it (let's see what people will read into the books on Harry Potter in 2000 years time, shall we?)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join