It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

court: Sex between teachers, 18-year-olds OK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yenko13

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by TasteTheMagick
Sexual favors in return for good grades isn't a question of ethics, it's blackmail/bribery.

And it's ethics that decide that blackmail and bribery are unacceptable. Some people believe it's alright to do what they want to get what they want... those are still ethics.

This law breeds this behavior , Bribery is unacceptable in any culture and this is a way to make who happy the 18 year old or the teacher, I cant figure it out yet

So if we make homosexual relations illegal again all of the homosexuals will disappear?

Laws don't define actions, people act on their moral code. If the world worked the way you just suggested that it does, then murder, rape, drug abuse etc would not exist. Every person's personal code of ethics and morality are what define their actions.

Sex for grades is still completely unacceptable in any educational institution and will likely remain a threat to the job of any who participate in the act.

But once again, two consenting adults, having sex for the sake of sex and relationships is none of anybody's business.

[edit on 1/15/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

reply to post by yenko13

Breeds what behavior? Bribery? Bribery has it's own ramifications. All this law does is keep authorities out of a situation they don't belong in, in the first place. It's not to make one group or the other "happy". It simply shows that someone had a brain large enough to realize that an act between two adults is not something that the law needs to stick it's nose in.

IF YOU DAUGHTER WAS IN MY CLASS I WOULD LOVE TO SEND HER HOME WITH A BABY , Then when you have to take care of my kid while your daughter smokes crack so she could self medicate I will come and visit on the week ends, then see if you like the law

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

Your idiopathic need to reinforce your opinion with fantasies about poster's daughters does not help your case.

[edit on 1/16/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

reply to post by yenko13

Your idiopathic need to reinforce your opinion with fantasies about poster's daughters does not help your case.

[edit on 1/16/2009 by eNumbra]

Why does it have to be fantasies I am making a point if you dont agree then they are fantasies, You should wake up and see whats going on in the world this aint la lal land this is happening now pal and this is not my case its the worlds case

[edit on 023131p://amvam by yenko13]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

No, the situation where the teacher is changing your grades in an effort to get more sex out of you. Consensual sex is not, has never been, and never will be rape. Borderline or otherwise.

Whats the difference if some one holds a gun to your head or a grade , your still having sex against your will, Thats rape

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Why does it have to be fantasies I am making a point if you dont agree then they are fantasies,

You can't seem to make a point without trying to appeal to emotion, which is a logical fallacy. (look it up)

You should wake up and see whats going on in the world this aint la lal land this is happening now pal and this is not my case its the worlds case

If you really have to resort to this, then I think you may be better off not continuing your arguments in this thread, since they'll probably just degrade further; probably into personal attacks.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

Seriously? Are you twelve?

First of all: If my daughter is 18, meaning that she is an adult, and has sex with a teacher...that's her choice. She's not a little baby that I have to keep my eye on. And if YOU get her pregnant, who the hell says that I have to raise it. That's an issue for you and her.

Second: How in the world can you logically bring crack into the situation?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

If you really have to resort to this, then I think you may be better off not continuing your arguments in this thread, since they'll probably just degrade further; probably into personal attacks.

You are attacking the messenger , That is not the way we do it here , make it look like I wrote this law I disagree with it , I have nothing to do with this law And if I play on peoples emotions let them take a smiley face and attach it
that why emotions will boil over from trolls that stir , Just take a look at the system you are protecting , let School kids have sex with the teachers , and you say that I play on emotions shame on you attacking me personally, I would never let my kids have sex with there teachers , If you have sex with a teacher there is something wrong in that school , Take your kid out before its to late

[edit on 043131p://amvam by yenko13]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
eNumbra I dont have to attack anybody , I will make my point with strong facts and if you cant take the facts as facts prove them wrong , This is not a fight it is the law and the law in my eyes is what degraded not me

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

You haven't backed anything up with strong facts. At 18, a person is an adult and free to make their own decisions. You seem to be equating this with a teacher having sex with a fifteen-year-old student.

Where are the facts you are using? The wild stories you're making up in an attempt to further demonize sex?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

reply to post by yenko13

Seriously? Are you twelve?

First of all: If my daughter is 18, meaning that she is an adult, and has sex with a teacher...that's her choice. She's not a little baby that I have to keep my eye on. And if YOU get her pregnant, who the hell says that I have to raise it. That's an issue for you and her.

Second: How in the world can you logically bring crack into the situation?

Show me a 18 year old that raises a baby and goes to school honey , You see where this takes these poor kids , out of the school , You proved my case for me , How will the kids stay in school if the Mothers let them have babies with teachers and dont help take care of them so the kid can still go to school, It will lead to chaos

[edit on 043131p://amvam by yenko13]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

How is this AT ALL about babies? There are a number of birth control methods out there. At any rate, I knew quite a few girls in high school that got pregnant, finished high school and are working toward degrees while raising a child.

But this isn't about that. If the girl is having sex she can get pregnant...this doesn't increase just because the law is keeping it's nose out of the sex lives of adults.

The girl is 18...alright, it's her life. And what about boys? Are the boys going to be coming home pregnant after having sex with their teachers too?

EDIT: Furthermore, if they are using birth control and something slips by on accident, there are always abortions if the girl makes that decision.

This isn't about pregnancy it's about the law deciding not to pry into someplace they don't belong.

[edit on 1/16/09 by TasteTheMagick]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
You have to look at this from the point of having sex is for having babies , Not having abortions, You are twisting Gods way of reproducing around to fit your facts , How will a 18 year old raise a infant and go to school , explain this to me , I have a baby and I have my whole family helping me and its very hard on us, I cant see a 18 year old doing this and staying in school , I pray that no body has to do that it will hurt the child to be away from the mother and she will not be able to sleep at night trust me I know .

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

So then, you are ASSUMING that every girl will automatically get pregnant every time she has sex? What about regular birth control? And you still never answered the question about boys.

I'm not twisting anything here. You said you supported things with hard facts and yet you have failed to bring up any hard fact within the entire conversation. You automatically bring god into it just because you've got no other argument?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Show me a 18 year old that raises a baby and goes to school honey , You see where this takes these poor kids , out of the school , You proved my case for me , How will the kids stay in school if the Mothers let them have babies with teachers and dont help take care of them so the kid can still go to school, It will lead to chaos

Too true...however it does not negate the fact that at 18, you are legally responsible for your own choices...so if this was her choice, then there's nothing the state can legally do about it... We may not agree with such a choice, but it doesn't take away her right to make it....

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You are attacking the messenger , That is not the way we do it here , make it look like I wrote this law I disagree with it , I have nothing to do with this law And if I play on peoples emotions let them take a smiley face and attach it
that why emotions will boil over from trolls that stir , Just take a look at the system you are protecting , let School kids have sex with the teachers , and you say that I play on emotions shame on you attacking me personally, I would never let my kids have sex with there teachers , If you have sex with a teacher there is something wrong in that school , Take your kid out before its to late

And this is where I realize you will never accept anything but your own viewpoint and leave this thread.

Good day to your sir, I hope one day you realize how ridiculous this post of yours was and feel humbled, but until then; Don't tread on me.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

reply to post by yenko13

You haven't backed anything up with strong facts. At 18, a person is an adult and free to make their own decisions. You seem to be equating this with a teacher having sex with a fifteen-year-old student.

Where are the facts you are using? The wild stories you're making up in an attempt to further demonize sex?

Fact 1, Although it is legal for a teacher to have sex with an 18-year-old student, it still violates the schools code of conduct.

Fact 2Teenagers are still learning and experimenting. They often make bad and impulsive decisions.

Fact 3 Most parents don't want there kids having sex with the teacher

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Fact 1, Although it is legal for a teacher to have sex with an 18-year-old student, it still violates the schools code of conduct.

Fact 2Teenagers are still learning and experimenting. They often make bad and impulsive decisions.

Fact 3 Most parents don't want there kids having sex with the teacher

It's fine if it violates the school's code of conduct. That's for the school to decide, not for a court to legislate.

So what if teenagers are still learning or whatever? They are 18 and are subject to making their own decisions and mistakes.

It doesn't really matter what parents want after their kid is 18. Their kid is now an adult and they have no power over their decisions.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I really dont see anything wrong with it if the student is 18, as long as it doesnt bring conflict in the school. Theyre adults so why not.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
While not a violation of law, it is a violation of academic ethics, and the teacher can (and should) expect some academic consequences of this ethical violation.

Even if the teacher and student are well in their 30's, a relationship is academically unethical, and at the very least, the student should have another class or teacher, just to remove the suspicion of impropriety.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join