It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing of the Constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
We are two proposals away from a new Constitutional Convention. This will give those in control the power to change our Constitution or just make a new one! Will they continue to allow us the right to bear arms? What are your thoughts?

www.wnd.com...
www.wnd.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think that if they keep messing around with the Constitution and the principles still held by many of the people that live in the country, they are paving the way for another Civil war.

But I also think that they want that.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

I just don't see a largely uninvolved and apathetic population responding in much of an aggressive manner to changes in their constitutional rights. Modern conflict resolution is just too efficient for something like a civil war to ever be a possibility.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I agree that there is a large part of the population that doesn't care enough to enter into civil war, but there is also a large part of the population that does. Modern conflict resolution is NOT efficient.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is definitely something I'll be keeping my eye on. It is setting up to lean towards a day that American's will have to side with tradition or listen to the Government in place. This "redistribution" idea set by Obama may be just enough to push the less knowledgeable American into forgetting rights, tradition, etc...and thinking change is what's needed.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The rights that we have are our rights, now and always, just because somebody in the government dosent think we should have a certain right dosent change a thing, they can make all the new laws they want, I wont obey them, The rights I have right now I will keep and protect until they come knocking on my door, then I will probably die in the battle on my front porch.

new topics

top topics

join