It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I pdf a whole thread??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hi,
I am wondering if there was a way to grab a download of an entire thread in either a pdf or .doc format without actually having to open up each page anddoing the copy and paste job?

I have a friend who has no internet and I wish to prtin out a few threads for him.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
use this firefox addon

www.pdfdownload.org...

-

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I may be wrong, but I have not yet seen a way to load an entire (assuming multi-page) thread on one screen. If this is indeed the case, you may need to make multiple pdf's for a thread.

May I also suggest PDF995 ? It is ad supported, but not browser specific. This way you can use it to create PDF's of any document of any type on your machine

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Instead of pdf have you considered downloading the entire thread as a web page to be viewed offline?

Here is just one tool I have used and it works great! You could download it along with all external links. Burn it on a data CD and your friend could open it up on their computer through their web browser and have full functionality along with clickable links.

BackStreet Browser

It is a free, powerful offline browser. A high-speed, multi-threading website download and viewing program. By making multiple simultaneous server requests, BackStreet Browser can quickly download entire website or part of a site including HTML, graphics, Java Applets, sound and other user definable files, and saves all the files in your hard drive, either in their native format, or as a compressed ZIP file and view offline.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thx for the replies guy's.

prevenge,
I'll check it out.

CeltAngel,
Thx but opening up a hundred and something pages and saving each one is what I am trying to avoid.

Amaxim,
This one sound like the go, i have used web site stripping apps before, I'll give this a shot.

Idea: It shoudn't be that much trouble it would be to write a script that grabs the entire thread when you click on say a button at the top of the thread?
I wonder if this could be put in the todo list?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
use this firefox addon

www.pdfdownload.org...

Once you have PDF'd the webpages, you can then merge them with freeware.

Adolix PDF Split & Merge

or try here for a heap of programs that will merge PDF's for you.

Softpedia.com

There's always more than one way to skin a cat!

IRM

top topics

join