It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Declares State of Emergency One Week Before Inaguration.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The declaration, though, was not a political statement about Republicans being run out of town. Rather, it was a bureaucratic move intended to provide additional federal money to help the District of Columbia cope with the massive crowds that are expected to turn out for the swearing-in ceremony on Jan. 20 that will make Mr. Obama the nation’s first black president.
Bush Delcares State of Emergency For D.C.

This is the first time in the history of the United States of America that a State of Emergency has been declared for something other than a natural disaster. The state of emergency may have been declared due to how many people are expected to attend the inaguration next Tuesday. The amount of security personnel may have also played a role in the declaration. Even though the Federal government has already set aside $15 million for medical assistance to handle the crowds in case of emergencies. The City of Washington, D.C. is asking for another three to four million dollars to help the city's health care system.

However, the state of emergency has been called a precautionary measure taken by the US Government and city officials to make sure the Inaguration of President-Elect Obama goes off without incident. There have only been a few instances where a State of Emergency has been declared for an anticipated event. I would most certainly think that city emergency preparedness plans will be put into place either sometime this week or this weekend.

What I am afraid of is that someone may try to execute something that will put those plans into action. Events that could cause said plans to be put into action could vary. One event could be a terrorist attack on Inaguration festivities or on something in that given area that would affect the activities. Another event that could happen, and I am not saying that it will, is the asassination of Obama right after he is sworn into office. I just hope that none of Washington, D.C.'s emergency plans have to be put to the test next Tuesday.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
over an inauguration,,, what the h-ll????

this is nuts,,,,way to feel safe to go to an inauguration that is considered a state of emergency

granted i doubt anything terrible will happen but,,

the big wigs in power will have obama easily usher in their plans so he isn't expendable

i can't believe more haven't replied

this is conspiracy theorists dream

usually i would expect 10 threads on this predicting what will go down!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And About 500 other threads.

It is completely untrue this is the first time a "emergency declaration has ever been issued for anything other than a natural disaster." They get declared routinely in any event that requires large amounts of federal/state resources. In fact, Obama will declare one again during his next enthronement. Its a routine bureaucratic move in order to free up resources for ANY event which requires a LARGE GOVERNMENT PRESENCE. Which would include an inauguration.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It may not be the first time that a state of emergency has not been declared for anything other than a natural disaster. However, it is the first time that an advanced state of emergency has been used for a non-natural disaster event. I just hope that this was done only as a precaution.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

I'll strike a wager Obama wont even be at the inaguration, perhaps a body double?

I feel he's going to be the most impersonated leader in history.

To many gun-ho Americans whom believe a blackman as president aint the way it works in America.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
It may not be the first time that a state of emergency has not been declared for anything other than a natural disaster. However, it is the first time that an advanced state of emergency has been used for a non-natural disaster event. I just hope that this was done only as a precaution.

No, its not - governors declare them all the time. People assume "state of emergency = natural disaster" because thats the only time it makes the news (to pump up the hype). But any extremely large gathering of people that goes beyond the local government's ability to handle it results in a declaration. They really should rename it. It would be more aptly named "declaration of a unusual event that exceeds the local governing units ability to handle it" - but thats too long and not as sexy as EMERGENCY.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Can anybody say "self fulfilling prophesy"?
A lot of people are amazed the Obama has survived this long. Others may be waiting till the day. Either way, sometihng like this only encourages those determined enough to take it on as a challenge.

Stae of Emergancy is a bit much tho. A day of heightened security maybe, but come on....

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Why did he do this now? Did he not realize Obama won when it happened months ago? Also, remember these declarations last up to two years.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Can anyone say "search function"? Already discussed here

Well it is only to get more money for security..which I find quite an excuse to "tap" a little more out of the coffers for the outgoing crooks. They obvously want to take as much as they can, right up to the last second of their offical seat in power and call it an emergency and need for more security.

If anyone is bying into this emergency nonsense, well no wonder the crook administration was able to get away with what they did.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If Obama gets taken out, then expect martial law to follow shortly afterwards, There would be chaos and rioting like we have never seen. I have thought that this could be what starts the NWO,
1- Obama gets taken out
2-Mass rioting nation wide
3-Martial law is declared. After that I dont know, But I do believe there would be mass rioting .

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

It's not just Bush, usually this declaration comes from a Governor but since DC has no Gov it took overwhelming concern from local businesses and local government leaders has lead to the declaration. They are honestly looking at between five hundred and a thousand people to each porta-potty... That's right 500:1 ratio of people to toilets. You either declare the emergency now or when SHTF. hehehe.... poo jokes.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I dont doubt there will be a vast number of people attending the inaguration cerimony that would probably surpass the number of people that marched on Washington during the civil rights movement back in the 60's, and that event was huge.

But realistically, Woodstock 94 didnt require 15 million of FEMA money to accomodate the 500,000 plus patrons that attended. And let me tell you from experience since I was there, that was a very HUGE event!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Ever notice how those in power use our money to protect themselves from the mess and hostility that they create and then tell everyone how they have the support of the people?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Actually, I would be surprised if Obama instead of a body double showing up. There are wayyyyyyyy to many of us that do think a black man should not be President. I for one am glad that we did elect a black guy to president. I mean it beats having a bunch of old, decrepid white guys in the White House.

I think of it as to being something like this to an extent. Maybe, just maybe, somebody realized that there are still people out there in the United States that still want to oppress the black community. That's because someone in the government thought that, "Hey, somebody may try to asassinate Obama on Inaguration Day just to cause a panic."

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sorry but i will still have to see it to believe it, and i mean a complete change of residences after the innauguration. No Bush's in sight far as the eye can see.
I still have my doubts whether this is going to really happen. If it does, rest assured that the powers that be have lots and lots of trouble for our new president lined up in order to assure the total anihilation of the USA.

I may be overdramatic, i just hope my gut feeling is wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I guess you and me are in the same boat as well huh dg???

I just don't think that anything will happen with Obama next Tuesday. Hopefully, it all goes off as it was planned back in Janurary of last year. If anything does happen, then I guess seeing is believeing. Then again, if something does in fact happen. There is going to be somebody that is going to say, "I told you Obama wouldn't make it past Inaguration Day." More than likely, that person won't have a clue until something happens.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A president declaring a state of emergency at least in this case allows the executive to tap all sate and national forces to be available for the ceremony on 1/20/09. Hey, we need a massive number of people available to deal with the mother of all inauguals. Declaring this under that auspisis avoids all that nasty paperwork...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I didn't vote for Obama, I voted for Paul. But anything that will keep him safe and keep Biden out of the the big chair is OK in my book. I would gladly serve as a humn shield to keep him as far away from the presidency as possible.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm right there with you in hoping nothing goes awry during this inauguration, Gimmie.

Thanks for the thread, you know how bad I am about keeping up with current events on my schedule!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I was sort of surprised about it being declared when I first heard about it. This is the first time that I think I have ever heard of a State of Emergency being declared a week before Inaguration. I mean with Reagan, Bush 1, or Clinton, you neever heard whether or not The District was put under a state of emergency. However, with the media these days, it's hard to tell how they got there hands on that information.

If it were up to me, I would at least try to keep information like that for an event such as the Presidential Inaguration as hush hush as I could. Then again, maybe it's just the crooks that are leaving DC to have another excuse to get more money from the paupers. Then again, maybe nothing will happen on Tuesday. To see if anything does happen, I guees that we'll just have to watch the tube on Tuesday to find out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join