It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothesis of what will happen on 2012: the earth will expand once again

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by nikiano

The expanding earth theory was discarded by real geologists ages ago. It makes no sense. There is no way to add sufficient mass to expand the earth.

This, of course, is a no brainer and words that are put forward without thought.

How did the universe become? suddenly become the way it is today? of course, there are a lot of Theologist that want to believe this, and the fact that we live in an ever changing Universe is a threat to their ideology.

But the Universe started from nothing, and the geologist in question can be totally and utterly ignored. Even if NASA said, the earth at most increases 1 hair a year, this means that during earths time, it has increased the size of several moons. That, in and by itself, proves earth expansion.

The rest, is just ignorance beyond any reason. The Universe MUST have started from nothing, even if we stick to Big Bang ... it still starts from zero, and therefore must grow. And if you have ANY sense, whatsoever, or any minor knowledge of science. You should understand and realize, that ANYTHING started in nature, cannot EVER be a singular event. It must be an ongoing, and forever going mechanism.

This is merely to argue the very basics, of current theories ... that the earth is "constant" with Noha sailing the continents back and forth, under orders from God. It isn't funny, it's pathetic ... any man, with even half a brain, and any understanding of science should know better.

Ignore the theology involved.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

The name I was thinking of is orbital resonance. It includes the moons of the other planets alignment also which causes a resonance which could effect earth. This isn't going to happen soon but it could happen sometimes. Every place I look it says that the planets have some influence on earth. It isn't much but it is something. Anyway, there aren't any scheduled alignments for December that would affect anything. According to an article by a NASA scientist I read a while back there was a better chance in last march of something happening because of alignments. I'm not worried about things we cannot do anything about. I think it is a waste of money for us to be out in space anyway. So far there has been little return on the American taxpayers investment. Big corporations donate money to NASA instead of paying taxes for our roads and bridges. The Government records do not show actual funding of organizations like this, they should show lost tax income as part of the costs. With all that manmade junk in orbit it is possible a chunk of it will hit my house before an asteroid will.

Do I think anything is going to happen in December...... depends..... I think this fake economy may fail like the others around the world are. Things are going to start happening sometimes in July-August with that I think. About five months before December

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

But the Universe started from nothing, and the geologist in question can be totally and utterly ignored. Even if NASA said, the earth at most increases 1 hair a year, this means that during earths time, it has increased the size of several moons. That, in and by itself, proves earth expansion.

This is pseudoscience at its best pretending that the Earth increases in size so small an amount that it cannot be measured, yet over time it adds up.

The distance form the Earth to the Moon is measured to accurately that it is known that the Moon recedes from the earth at 38mm a year. The Earth moves away from the Sun at 15cm a year. Atomic clocks add leap seconds since they are so much more accurate than the motion of the Earth.

Were the mass of the earth to be increasing then these conditions would not be true.

The rest, is just ignorance beyond any reason. The Universe MUST have started from nothing, even if we stick to Big Bang ... it still starts from zero, and therefore must grow. And if you have ANY sense, whatsoever, or any minor knowledge of science. You should understand and realize, that ANYTHING started in nature, cannot EVER be a singular event. It must be an ongoing, and forever going mechanism.

If people had any inkling how science works then they would know not to mix up completely different issues.

The accretion of mass is from space. The layer of Moon dust reveals how little has accreted in billions of years.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Every place I look it says that the planets have some influence on earth. It isn't much but it is something.

Just because a lot of places mention something dies not make it true. The influence of the other planets on the Earth is small. It certainly does not include quakes or our weather. It certainly does not include animal die offs. There are lots and lots of places repeating the same rubbish. The goal is to get past the repetitious material and figure out if it makes sense.

According to an article by a NASA scientist I read a while back there was a better chance in last march of something happening because of alignments.

I really doubt anyone from NASA stated something like that. Alignments are sometimes useful for making measurements such as a planet eclipsing a star. Alignments are also interesting such as Venus passing across the disc of the Sun in less than a month.

I'm not worried about things we cannot do anything about. I think it is a waste of money for us to be out in space anyway.

There were protests over the Moon missions.

So far there has been little return on the American taxpayers investment.

Hurricane tracking saves lives. Satellite communications. Earth monitoring systems. Spy satellites. Google Earth.

The Earth is not going to expand. It isn't and hasn't. Neal Adams has created a video comic book about as fantastic as his comic book stories.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Can you please explain why I should watch the video?

Come on Ster. Explain to me why, I have to explain to you why, you should click and watch a video I went to the trouble of posting ? For a lousy five minutes ? You must mean apart from being the polite thing to do. As far as the basics of social manners that are considered of value to most of the civilized world ? In other words, to avoid a possible insult to somone a bit more sensitive than me.

Because I posted it and it shows how the land masses at one time fit perfectly together. How does it matter who made the damn thing ? If the continents all fit like this, then the theory has sense to it.

So you 're wrong partner. Now admit you're wrong and quit sqwirmming in your seat.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Come on Ster. Explain to me why, I have to explain to you why, you should click and watch a video I went to the trouble of posting ? For a lousy five minutes ? You must mean apart from being the polite thing to do. As far as the basics of social manners that are considered of value to most of the civilized world ? In other words, to avoid a possible insult to somone a bit more sensitive than me.

It's the recommended course of doing things at ATS. I also refuse to watch videos that are not introduced. It's a waste of bandwidth.

Because I posted it and it shows how the land masses at one time fit perfectly together. How does it matter who made the damn thing ? If the continents all fit like this, then the theory has sense to it.

If you had read the thread you would know that the video does not match geology. That has already been posted. Not surprised that a charlatan would fake a video.

So you 're wrong partner. Now admit you're wrong and quit sqwirmming in your seat.

Admit you fell for a hoax video. It will do you good.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Hoax ?

You know what ? I can't even insult you by checking up on that. You're to sure of yourself and I know you don't lie.

CRAP !

I thought I had you're ass.

Alright I conceed.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So far you've made no effort to support the claims of the video.

1. The video shows the shorelines, not the continental margins
2. The video/theory does not explain the existence of multiple collisions between Africa and North America
3. The theory does not explain the transfer of part of Africa to North America in the most recent separation
4. The theory does not explain Rodinia
5. The theory cannot explain paleomagnetic evidence
6. The theory does not explain the movement of the Moon away from the Earth
7. The theory does not explain the slow down rate of the Earth's rotation
8. The theory does not address subduction or obduction
9. The theory does not address why the Moon, Mercury, and Mars show no signs of expansion
10. The theory does not address plate motions which today are anything but away from each other as would happen if the Earth were expanding

Check this out:
GEOLOGICAL CONSTRAINTS ON THE PRECAMBRIAN HISTORY OF EARTH’S ROTATION AND THE MOON’S ORBIT

Neal's fairy tale is a rehash of an old idea that has no supporting evidence. Rather all of the evidence says no.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Alright you maniac !
Good Gawd man ! I conceed already !

Holy Crap it never ends !

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join