It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Admins plan for a new website?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It would be insanity to expect SO (and any other code monkeys he employs) to essentially recreate everything for another forum engine. The current incarnation of ATS is based off of XMB, which despite its visually drab appearance is amazingly rock solid, more so than vB or phpBB could ever hope to be. Also the level of optimization ATS has undergone to be fast and responsive would likely not carry over so well into the other engines.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

The current incarnation of ATS is based off of XMB, which despite its visually drab appearance is amazingly rock solid

Visually drab appearance? .. man are you guys smoking the wrong stuff or what
.. ATS is visually the most comfortable website(on the eyes) and is easy and enjoyable to navigate once you get used to it.

XMB you say? .. I always see most forums use them Vbulletin boards, quite ugly and depressing I must say, with little or no features.. what other sites use XMB besides ATS anyways?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

I have no problems with ATS's look for the most part, I was actually trying to infer that the stock appearance of XMB is bland but it doesn't have jack to do with its stability, which is outstanding.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join