It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Engine Going to Production!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Why cant you all see that morgado and his engine are snake oil scam.

it would cost a meager $20k at most to place this engine in a car or truck and show it actually running a vehicle. Maybe $50k to put in a boat and $100k to put in a prop plane.

This engine is garbage and morgado as wise investors who get up close and see realize is a piece of garbage.

Simply put either get money from credit cards and friends and family to put it in a car or truck or some other vehicle or by not doing so proves that the engine is a scam.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

From what I understand, Mr. Morgado has already done this. He has already demonstrated the technology, it's already proven, and he's now at the stage where he's trying to raise funds to start opening retrofit shops, so we can all start putting the engine in our cars.

But, for SOME strange reason, these revolutionary inventors always seem to have massive problems in getting the funding they need................ hmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster

From what I understand, Mr. Morgado has already done this. He has already demonstrated the technology, it's already proven, and he's now at the stage where he's trying to raise funds to start opening retrofit shops, so we can all start putting the engine in our cars.

But, for SOME strange reason, these revolutionary inventors always seem to have massive problems in getting the funding they need................ hmmmmmm

Look i want this product to be as real as anyone else, and as such I have been following it a little for some time.

I have seen many vdeos of the engine in action and morgado talking about it. But not one of the videos is of the engine in a running vehicle of any kind. You want to prove that it works and isnt a magic trick you make a video showing it running in a vehicle this is easy to do and not cost intensive.
We cant just automatically blame big oil and take all these inventors at face value, there have been many snake oil sales men in history who played the role of being oppressed by the establishment.

All i am saying is that if he wants to prove the engine is viable then place the damn thing in a vehicle any vehicle and have it drive fly or propel. The cost to do this is not restrictive, especially when compared to what it will show.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I agree.

If this was real, swing the money, put it in a car, announce to the world that you're going to run coast to coast on one tank of fuel, and just do it!

Put a web cam or two on the vehicle. Get writers from Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, Discover and others to document the trip.

Invite Governors to meet them along the way and drive for a few minutes.

Put a motor in a boat, leave from New Orleans and power up the Mississippi. Pull a barge or something.

These inventors are so brilliant in such limited scope, and so damned stubborn and stupid in all other fields outside their limited experience.

Get a frakkin Businessman on board, and just do what he says!

He'll get them everything they ever dreamed of.

But no.

Gotta go to "shows."

Lots of commercial benefit in that, and lots of wasted time.

Don't tell me it works - show me it works.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I too agree in that he needs to show proof of an MYT engine in a car/bike/plane/boat.
On paper though, it looks amazing and I'm not just talking about the numbers - the design is so simple and yet so plausible!

My only doubts are the materials ability to withstand such high power figures from such a small package - the CSA of the drive shaft would be so small I'd imagine the torsional stresses would sheer it!

We shall all soon see whether or not it's a scam! I for one am looking forward to seeing it in action (I'll be an optimist this time round)

Nate

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Once I thought up a design for an internal combustion engine in which the cylenders moved and the pistons were stationary. I thought I would be rich, but then I realized I had re-invented the radial engine, popular 60 years ago.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to nate.
"The only problem I see with this is the power figures it produces seem way too excessive for the size of the output shaft. The CSA of the shaft would be way too small to withstand the power and torque figures stated - unless he intends on using high grade & extremely expensive materials."

At last someone talking sense, I very much doubt there are materials currently available that could handle the stress's involved, and if there were the cost would be astronomical, certainly putting it outside the price of the average person. The working lifespan of this engine must be disturbingly short. I notice that in all the interviews I have seen the inventor does not even address this issue, strange considering what a stumbling block it must be, especially when he is talking about retrofitting existing tech.
The lack of progress in the last several years speaks volumes to me, it says his vision of what this thing could be and the actual reality and practicality of it are worlds apart. Apparently he has been ready to go into production for several years now and we have yet to see a working example. The problem here isn't funding or recession, $10 million is chump change in this day and age. Some altruistic, patriotic american would have stuck his hand down the side of his sofa and produced it by now IF it worked as stated. No, the problem is I think ,that he has been unable to utilise the MYT in a practical application beyond his stand alone prototype because of the problems inherent in the design and materials used. He has made vague claims to have done so but we have yet to even see a photograph of this marvelous atmosphere powered car *while he applies for patents.How long does that process actually take?* It may all be sound in theory, but thats as far as it goes.

P.s. I really hope I am wrong about all this, but as time ticks away i grow more doubtful

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hexis

Someone has posted that an alloy of about 2% beryllium and 97% nickel, with a touch of titanium would be sufficient to meet the power output of the MYT. It has an ultimate tensile strength of 300,000 psi, and 245,000 psi yield strength! This is 375% stronger than the best high tensile steel. The tensile strength of 98.5% beryllium is about 58,000 psi, so it seems to do a lot better when mixed with other metals.

Power to Weight Ratio......At Under 35Lbs.... 20:1(3,000hp/150lbs)

I'm still holding out hope for this, and as I'm an avid motorcycle mechanic I'd love to get my hands on a working motor and install in a bike frame as the output shaft would be under a much smaller load in that scenario (although I'd imagine it'd have to be mounted longitudally otherwise the gyroscopics would upset the handling - either that or use two smaller motors rotating in opposite directions side by side, then the output shafts could drive both sides of the rear wheel)...

..I should stop day dreaming!

Nate

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I agree with you analysis.

If it was ready to go into production, he'd already have a prototype installed in some sort of vehicle.

All he has is a model that demonstrates how he says it should work.

He won't get the funding until he makes a real engine.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I would like to address a few the supposed issues here that have been put forth by many that have posted here.

First off it amazes me what people don’t understand about this guy getting this funding. He does not want an investment capitalist!!!

Why? You may ask.

I would say you have no clue as to the demands that they placed upon a company or inventor seeking capital from an investment capitalist and you have no clue as to what really goes on in those deals. Basically the company or inventor 99.9% of the time comes out totally losing control of the company and the invention to the investment capitalists due to the way the contracts are written.

So in essence it is about control of the patents and of the production as well as his company. Mr. Morgado does not want to give up the control of his invention or company, and so he is holding out for someone with capital that is willing to meet him on what he sees as agreeable terms. He has stated time and again he could have sold this now and been a billionaire. Yet he does not want to loose control of the invention or his company. So I see on his part wisdom and prudence. Better to sit and hold out for the right deal to come alone than grab a wrong deal and loose control of everything. That is when technologies like these get mothballed. So I think that pretty well sums up that issue.

Now we can move on to actual functioning of the engine. Now while I myself have not seen the engine function personally, I can say that I have a pretty good grasp of the theory and the theory is very sound. An this not only comes from me but from about 6 engineers that no problem with the engine running as he states with the power output he states. Since the back compression has been addressed I will not touch that but will discuss the things like wear factors, seals etc.

Wear Factor: Not really an issue as the fuel (bio-diesel) he recommends using provides the lube. Top that with the proper metals used, or even the ceramic coating of the cylinder and you have addressed that issue 100%

Seals: Mr. Morgado again has in some of his latest videos covered this topic. They use standard piston rings to provide the seal. If you can not see how this would work I don’t know what to tell you.

Appliance Attachment: Remember your looking at a demo stand unit not a installed unit, so things like alternator, power steering, air conditioning attachment would be done on the front side of the engine as we currently have just the front portion of the drive shaft would be extended. The same could be said for the starter.

Drive Output: Someone mentioned that the output shaft could not handle the torque claimed. Again completely wrong considering the individual that made said statement has no clue as to the material that said shaft is made of. So how can one even begin to make such a statement considering you have no clue as to the type of material used in its production? Also this engine would be able to be made to adapt to using current technology to hook to the current transmission of the any vehicle today. The question then would become can the transmissions handle the output of the engine. Yet there is a way around that as well. I wont even bother going into that cause I think that is something I will be addressing to Mr. Morgado himself.

Fuel Efficiency: The MYT Engine does not fight itself like the engines in our vehicles today. So it would definitely be more fuel efficient.

Overheating: Mr. Morgado again in SJSU demo vids on youtube explains how the engine would be cooled in video #15. If you don’t get what the question he is asked and his refusal to comment is about then you really should really listen to the comment the questioner makes to his friend. Trust me it will help a lot.

So now perhaps we have a little better understanding as to why Mr. Morgado has not gotten his funding yet and also just exactly that the engine can work as claimed. In fact I can see some really killer power toys being made with little 150-250 hp models of this engine in the next few years. Yet I wont say anything on more on those thoughts either asI have some other people I want to approach on those matters.

Respectfully,

SuiJuris249

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just skimmed all the pages, but did I read right that, after 5 years, he's failed to come up with the funding? Maybe there is something not quite Kosher here?

Keep in mind, any such retro-fitted cars would then have their warranties voided also. That's kind of a big deal.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SuiJuris249

None of that explains why the engine has not been placed into an actual vehicle. Show proof of concept and he will get the funding and terms he wants.

Hell there are VC's who fund for small stakes all sorts of retarded technology and website ideas because of the potential payoff. This engine has as big a payoff potential as anything. Also I find your post highly suspect as you just registered recently almost as if to just post this comment.

Until I see the very simple task of placing the engine in an actual vehicle, for the small price of $30,000 max, I call morgado a delusional scam artist, who is trying to find suckers to get money out of.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Desolate Cancer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join