It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Engine Going to Production!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
The MYTH engine, eh?

There are a number of engines that run on compressed air. .

Ah yes compressed air is one thing. In fact this engine may work very well in a compressed air car or a compressed air hybrid.

What we are talking about is not the part of the demo where the engine runs on compressed air. We are talking about the claim (at 4:10 in thisvideo) that the engine ran for 1000 hours with no compressed air and no fuel.

So we are not talking about compressed air here were talking about atmosphere air at ambient pressure.

This implies that the engine is supposedly capable of some sort of free energy operation by compressing atmosphere air and in turn using that compressed air to create over unity power. Or that it somehow combusts atmosphere gases without using fuel...

Unless the inventor has made giant leaps in materials sciences I dont see how this engine will operate reliably as an internal combustion engine using fuel (for the reasons I posted earlier in the thread.) let alone an engine that operates off of nothing more than atmosphere uncompressed air and no fuel.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
sounds impressive, if it works. can it be made to produce a touch less power, personally i don't fancy an 850bhp ford focus that weighs a half ton less because the engines been ripped out. going round corners would be interesting.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
The MYTH engine, eh?

There are a number of engines that run on compressed air. engineering behind this little brute is sound.

The reason funding is scarce is due to the Recession. Car companies

You folks need to do a little more research before dissing these ideas. You could be missing something!

yeah right,,,, venture capitalists have tons of money ready to go,,,and even he has some funding setup,,,,just is being careful about who the investors are,,,check the website

and it sounds as if we don't really have to produce all new cars and such,,, this little engine is "supposedly so powerful and ahead of the OCE that we can install this setup in our existing cars

although he did never mention spinning externals such as ac comp, alternator, water pump etc

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
i still just can't wrap my head around 32 cylinders in a 14' x14' box basically

and can someone explain in more laments terms what he means about pulses

never heard car guys refering to this b4

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
As I stated before, this thing needs to be placed into a real vehicle, road tested for real, and then we can all either jump for joy or put this in the file 13 bin with all the other claimed but shot down in flames new engines that work on nothing but can do everything.

When I see this thing mounted up in a semi truck with a full loaded tractor trailer going across the country without stopping for fuel, I will believe it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
As I stated before, this thing needs to be placed into a real vehicle, road tested for real, and then we can all either jump for joy or put this in the file 13 bin with all the other claimed but shot down in flames new engines that work on nothing but can do everything.

When I see this thing mounted up in a semi truck with a full loaded tractor trailer going across the country without stopping for fuel, I will believe it.

Cheers!!!!

as you and others have said,,,,the SEMA show where the video is from is nothing but a huge car show with cars/trucks alll decked out in the latest and greatest of aftermarket goodies

why n ot have the supposed Ford Focus there

i really do wanna believe,,, but we've all been burnt b4

and any car guy knows,,, torque is more imp[ortant than HP,,, and this is outrageous toirque

burns probably knows,,,,think how hard it is to get an old musclecar into the 12's or 11's or 10"s,,,massive upgrades and money

and this little 14x14 box blows it away

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The reason that no car companies or VC will touch this is that this company has almost no intellectual property. The engine is just a remake of the Lutz Engine from the World War II era. The patents have all expired. Any car company could manufacture a similar engine. Why would you invest money in a company that won't even give you a 50% stake if you can build it on your own?

If the claims are true, I would expect to see engines of this design hit the market over the next decade. Oil companies may not want efficient engines but the car companies sure do.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Cheers!!!!

Thank you for some basic sense. People are so willing and wanting to believe this is how snake oil salesman and faith healers scam.

Not saying that this is a scam but want some real quantifiable proof of its capabilities.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

What sort of proof could they put on the web though?

The only way to really verify things like this is to check them out in person

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A good test would be to hook that engine up onto a torque load tester attached to a dyno. Run that thing through its RPM range with the torque loader simulating load conditions. Uphill, pulling various weight loads, the works. The dyno will show what kind of torque is being generated vs the RPM range during the load testing. Its just like putting a vehicle's drive wheels on the dyno rails and testing it..except the torque load tester attaches to the engine just like a transmission does.

That is how they can do a test for the web, showing the torque load tester readings as well as the dyno readings and engine stats.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If this is in fact true, and does work in practice as they say it does in theory, then this invention could potentially revolutionize the automobile industry, and looking beyond that - who knows!

Really exciting stuff, let's hope something big comes out of it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BENBAI66

Those are all legit questions. The problem I have with it being a scam is it being such an extensive setup. The more complicated it gets, the more holes there are. Best to stick with a Ponzi scheme if you wanna turn some quick bucks.

I never thought it actually runs (as in creating power from) on compressed air, but rather the compressed air was driving it. Transfer of energy verses generation. Big difference, right?

And this talk if 1400'lbs torque...well, the 427 and 454 was rated at 1000 (I'm a Chevy man) I think, so it can only be from a larger model, not that dinky setup.

My father-in-law used to be a mechanic, and he did a lot of machining in Hungary. I showed him the animations, and he seemed to think it would work. So the principle is sound, its the package that looks dubious.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Maybe I am missing something that someone else has found, but according to their website, they first made this engine near on 4 years ago and then displayed it in the LA Motor Show 3 years ago?

As far as I can see, the last real piece of news was about being published in American Anti-gravity mag in 2006.
So 2.5 years ago roughly...

What's new? How is the engine progressing?

You seriously can't tell me that he hasn't found funding for this device in the past 3 years.
If he has, it wouldn't take 3 years to get a production going.

What's going on with this device?
Is it vapourware?
Has it been suppressed?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

No all that happened is that once people get a close look at it they realize that it is fraud or more kindly doesn't do what is claims it could do. This is another form of those free energy pundits and anti grav schemers.

We all wish it was real and thats what these parasites prey on.

I hope i am wrong though, for the benefit of humanity.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
best option to settle the power to the weels problem...use it as a genarator and run the weels on electric motors then you can have a cpu to manage the throttle...

i would hate to see what would happen if you lifted the clutch to fast with a engine pumping out 800fpt on iddle

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This engine is not proven. Withhold all your praise, all your imaginings, all your calls to your friends, and all your money...
...until this genius/idiot cuts his hair and gets down to the business of production and testing!
Where is the oil filter, where are the fuel injectors? How does oil react to centrifugal force? I can think of 100 reasons to not give this guy a dime.
You know, the real difference between those two engine on his poster...one works and the other doesn't. I'm sick of charlatans abusing the good-nature of the American public on the internet. Put it on an infomercial. Let the couch potatoes get screwed instead.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I love the thread! conspiracy related to suppression can be real. I found out about MYT through PESWiki. Here is a link to a radio interview with the inventor. There are some plausible explanations for delays. It seems many of the investors have wanted full and complete control (to shelve the project?) and he is not willing to let go ... plausible? you listen and decide!

pesn.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Most new engine designs that veer from the traditional crankshaft piston and rod seeking a more efficient design run into cooling , lubrication , and wear problems. For several obvious reasons.
reply to post by Heckman

I think your idea about cooling and lubrication may be the problem with this design. Here is a PHOTO AND SCHEMATIC of the engine from the Angel Labs website.
Basically it is 2 donut cylinders with 8 pistons each with a gearbox between the donuts and a central shaft. Sparkplug ignition and apparently no valves. It appears to be air cooled. No fuel delivery by carb or injection is seen in the model.

If it is as fuel efficient as advertized it isn't burning much fuel so wouldn't be getting as hot (as a V8 for example). A lean fuel mixture however would cause higher cylinder head temp. and more denonation thus metal degradation.

Morgado claimed in the video that it ran better on soybean (?) biofuel. The reason there may have been that the residual oil in the fuel was used to lubricate the cylinders ie provide lubrication.

If this is anything like a 2 cycle engine and requires lubrication in the fuel therein may be the problem. We know how polluting 2 cycles are as the lubrication isn't all burned and comes out as rather foul smoke. Maybe that is why he didn't want to fire up that demo model.

Also, I Googled Raphial Morgado and didn't find anything negative. He doesn't appear to be a con man.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
At the same website I found this about MYT Engine Theory

The pistons move relative to each other and stop and go creating thrust , intake and exhaust. There are no valves just intake and exhaust ports. The demo model is compression ignited (diesel) and compression is up to 70 to 1 (very high). The fuel burn is longer and thus nearly complete before the exhaust gas is expelled. Normal ICEs have burning gas exiting the exhaust valve thus waisting fuel and power. The present model is carbureted.

Cooling is a combo of air and oil cooled but the oil is the fuel. They say any fuel is possible but anything thinner than diesel could present lubrication problems.

The only points of contact in the cylinders is the rings.

To me the ingenious part is what type of linkage they use to move the pistons relative to each other and apply torque to the central drive shaft.

One of the big advantages of the motor is its power to weight ratio. It can easily attain 20 to 1 (HP/ pound engine weight) and by adding another donut cylinder can attain 40/1. Apparently nothing comes close to that now so it would be good for all sorts of power applications.

I just calculated that my 160 HP Piper aircraft would become 4000 HP using that power to weight ratio! Dittos for my pickup!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Here is one thing to think of also. Think of how much tax is on a gallon of gas (almost 50 cents). you really think they want to let us have something that gets 100+ miles to the gallon or heck even run on air like they say they did? the government gets so much money it's insane. we should have vehicles that get over 100 miles to the gallon already but for somereason (money) has kept the companies from doing so i would believe. I would love to get my hands on one of these engines if it produces the power it actually does. Such a small package with so much punch. just thought i would add in while attempting to find some info on this myt engine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join