It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Engine Going to Production!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
pesn.com...

We're talking an engine that is so compact it could replace an SUV's engine with something nearly as small and light as the alternator, but would have more power, all while making the mileage comparable to a Prius.

Totally stunning stuff.

Rather than wait for a huge contract to build new vehicles from the ground up, Morgado's company, Angel Labs LLC, finally decided to just forge ahead with a retrofit paradigm. They are looking for someone with $10 million to head up the franchising of retrofit garages that would replace existing engines with their engine. Morgado would handle the production -- something he's done before, with some 150 inventions to his name. The $10 million is needed for building the production plant.

Morgado anticipates that before long, this network of production and franchises could employ 2-3 million employees -- as many as have been left unemployed in the recent months of economic downturn -- all while helping people save money on fuel, as well as increasing the performance of their vehicles.

Sterling Allan interviews Raphial Morgado

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 14-1-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I look forward to seeing it. Of course there will be opposition, possibly violent from the oil monopolists.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
An interesting development that the energy industry will be sure to follow. It is the most downloaded patent in history, according to the USPTO. I'm sure the lawyers will get rich on infringement cases if this does what he says it does but if everyone wants it, why can't he get $10 million from investors?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
awwhhhh,, i was hoping for video and a demonstration

wow at SEMA 2005,,,what's the holdup????

yeah,, i've always loved the mini v-8 conley engines,,,,, even with superchargers

man they're cool,, loud and sound just nasty

would love to make a mini ride on model T with that mini v-8

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
I look forward to seeing it. Of course there will be opposition, possibly violent from the oil monopolists.

You really believe that those companies wouldnt relish an opportunity for Oil to last even longer, thus keeping them in control even further into your future?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Sounds incredible.

But, something tells me this will never see the light of day.

I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
S & F'ed

Best news I've heard all day!

I am already familiar with the engine. It doubles as an air compressor and can run on diesel too. It is based on proven principles.

Power to the people!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Sounds impressive but wouldn't taking a few hundred pounds out of the car create a few problems with weight and stability at high speeds? He said that part is 'up in the air'... Thought that was pretty neat terminology...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Vehicles could be made lighter, with appropriate suspension to accomodate the weight ratios and differences.

This will probably be another one of those "10 to 20 years" down the road routines..and slowly fade away into big oil's back burner shelf as with all the other new ideas and inventions.

It will get bought out by the big oil and that will be the end of it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Found the inventor and the engine in video for those interested.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I think in the interview he said that he's gone through hell to keep that from happening Burns. Claims if he wanted to be a billionaire he would be a billionaire but instead he's gone through bankruptcy trying to get this to the market.

It will probably end up being a project like you said, except for foreign auto makers that like having a superior product out there.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ive seen alot of good ideas get bought out and quietly put away by big oil since the late 60's and this one is no different. Eventually the pressure will be so imense that this guy may end up not having any choice...or something else worse happens.

The forign markets may be his only option. I for one would like to see it on next year's line of vehicles, but thats like expecting a UFO to land in my driveway and the ET's hand me the keys.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Ummm. He just ran that engine on air.... And if it does everything he says it does that's the most amazing thing I have seen in a long time. Being a car guy those figures are staggering.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
some one help me do some math

now picture a typical v8 --it's either chevy-350 cubic inches the ford 351

in the video he says the engine is 850 cubic inches????

he says the engine is 14 inches acroos by 14 inches deep

do that maTH,,,,how's he getting that???? seems impossible

and over 800 horsep[ower----now i'll take his word for now,,, but i want to see some dyno slips

hard to imagine 32 cylinders in there and getting 800 horse

a 25 pound motor 4inches by 7 inches and 200 to 500 horses

sounds to good to be true

150 miles a gallon???

the official website www.angellabsllc.com...

1400 pounds of torque at 800 rpm--basically at idle???

if this isn't total BS it's the greatest invention in 50 years or since the first car

[edit on 14-1-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
in the video he says the engine is 850 cubic inches????

he says the engine is 14 inches acroos by 14 inches deep

π r2
=3.14*(r2)
=3.14*49
=153.86 square inches

153.86*14= 2,154.04 cubic inches volume for a cylinder 14in by 14in (some one feel free to correct me... I got my head in about 3 different places this morning!)

So having 850 cubic inches of combustion space is entirely possible... Not quite sure how he's configured it all yet... Doubt very much that that includes the gear box.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Doesnt such massive capacity just mean yeah HUGE power to weight ration but how much fuel is being chucked into the engine ?

How well would this thing idle - I mean backing trailer would be a hard task with 21,000 horse power coursing through your big rig ?!

Also with an engine basically running around the shaft what of centrifugal forces, I mean you go round the corner at 150mph and your engine just keeps its line ?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Interesting, but like a few others, I doubt this will be "allowed to happen", simply because of the possibilities it offers for the future development, and the erosion of the power a few wealthy corporations have over the world.

It might make it to US Military, but it'll be protected and tightly controlled.

If it isn't American oil bosses who take him down, or the military to protect their superiority once they have it, It'll be the Saudi's to protect their oil exports.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
My only concern is the reduction in weight and how it will affect cars/trucks on snow packed roads. The lighter the car/truck the more problems you have with control while driving through snow. Hence the reason people are always buying sand bags to increase the weight of their car/truck to be able to drive through the snow. Other wise you just slide all over the roads weather you have 4 wheel drive or not.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Look I want one of these, I would buy it, I would like to know how to build it myself.
I am all for this kind of thing.I wish it could become reality.
But the chances are like all the rest of the things ive seen over the years.
It is just someone else telling lies to try and make themselves rich.
So they can buy themselves a tesla roadster.
I believe the real technology would be suppressed before it even gets to this forum.
The oil company's would use billions of dollars to stop its release, they could hire whole company's of mercenaries to deal with the problem.
I think these releases are just more attempts at individuals trying to make money.

They are looking for someone with $10 million to head up the franchising of retrofit garages that would replace existing engines with their engine.

Wow gee only 10 million in franchise fees?hahaha
Now we see the motives for this don't we?

Another liar trying to get rich.And very rich at that.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by BorgHoffen]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
most likely will never pass smog test in calif.

the Wankel engine went off the market because of smog control laws

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join