It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus Alone Won’t End Crisis, Bernanke Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Link to the article here...

www.nytimes.com...

Wow is all I have to say to this. So over $8 trillion dollars is not enough to provide "stability" is it there B-52 Ben? You know what will bring stablity and trust back into the markets? You what what will Big Ben? Putting the crooks behind this scheme in jail. Oh yes, so that would include people like Greespan, Paulson, Dodd, Frank, Bush, and yes Ben even you. You want to put some confidence into the system and get it functioning? Put you people in jail. This way people know that the system is NOT rigged and that there is a true free market without government and special interest manipulation. Madoff is a nice distraction thats a good one I have to give you guys credit. But lets be real where the real ponzi scheme is. Lets be real here about the REAL money you guys have swindled from us. $50 billion is just a drop in the bucket. The facts are you or your scheming brothers will never see a jail cell. In fact you all will get raises and promotions and we the normal peon will pay. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Bernanke is an idiot, and so is Hank Paulson, I mean you can go and Google the videos but less than a year ago, actually a few months before this whole crisis came full circle Bernanke and Paulson were completely oblivious or purposely downplaying the shape the economy was in or where it was headed, saying the overall the economy was sound or something to that effect and they did not really see a recession, and at the same time they were quietly injecting cash almost daily into the economy and institutions the last couple of years, I have no confidence whatsoever in what he says, especially with all of the education, accolades and supposed expertise in matters of the economy there is absolutely no excuse and here he is making these statements, Paulson and Bernanke should share the dope of the year award for 2008.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by phinubian]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This euphemism "injecting cash" is really starting to bug me. I mean, what exactly does that mean, to "inject" cash? Is it begged, borrowed, stolen? What's the delivery method here? who holds he hypodermic that does all this "injecting?" Where exactly do the sclerotic veins and arteries of our faltering system take all of this "injected" capital-y goodness? And how exactly does one go about positioning one's mouth close to the injection nozzle, so to speak?

What's even more disturbing the total lack of interest most people show in trying to puzzle these things out.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by silent thunder]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
bernanke and paulson are not idiots they intentially downplay the situation (i believe) to try and maintain an orderly downturn and more importantly maintain the perception of optomisim in the financial sector.....things have only S t a r t e d to get bad........this will be long and ugly and painful

and nearly the whole world's economy's will be in pain. should you have cash and a job you will have your pick of consumer items at a super discount.......prices will fall! (because retailers will fail in big numbers)

the MSM should be pulling out all the stops ........trying to manage the optomistic future expectation of the economy and the fed's number 1 goal right now is to NOT ALLOW consumer expecatation of deflation- future lower prices to take hold- ex. 1 today finance.yahoo.com... (unless they (fed/gov't) can sustain future expecations of at least low inflation) all there stimulus plans are pushing on a string

[edit on 14-1-2009 by cpdaman]

new topics

top topics

join