It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for UFO Disclosure a bad idea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Look how trust worthy our government has been before, what if they decide to just lie about it and say UFO's are the work of over stress or over imagination?
Then what do we do?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The same thing we've been doing.
Realize they're lying, and then wait some more.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spidercow
Look how trust worthy our government has been before, what if they decide to just lie about it and say UFO's are the work of over stress or over imagination?
Then what do we do?

So the alternative you're proposing is...?

Oh wait, I guess you aren't proposing any alternative, you're just insinuating that perhaps it's not worth to pursue disclosure and we should drop it.

Human History alone proves that defeatist mentality does not prevail. Governments and Empires have come and gone because the people had enough of it.

The people will only take certain things for X amount of time. Their time is up.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be based off of faith to trust the aliens? I mean seriously, even if they seem nice, could you see those involved in the US Coverup to 110% trust the aliens? Seriously, please consider this, WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO ON EARTH IS SPEAKING WITH THE ALIENS. It could be some gun-tooting redneck hick for crying out loud! Yes he might be trained and well educated and so on and so on, BUT, don't you think there would be a point where they question themselves, "Hey guys, we're making deals with aliens here, we still know nothing about them." Unless the aliens took them back to their home planet and everything is hunky doory, and everyone is friends and trusts each other.
But honestly, imagine if we traveled deep in space first! And we circled a planet for many years observing below. And eventually we touched down and made contact, or they shot us down out of fear. If we don't have communication with some back up to rescue us, then yeah we're pretty screwed. BUT, imagine if we did, and they came back, and rescued us, wouldn't we always have the upper hand? HAVEN'T THE ALIENS BEEN IN CONTROL THE WHOLE TIME? I mean seriously, aren't their claims of orbs and ufos running circles around fighter jets going nearly at the speed of sound. Give me a break, there is nothing we can do. Hopefully the aliens are humble and have some alien mindset that is more peaceful than we can even imagine, or a mindset so different, that words cannot describe it.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by game over man]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here is my take on the alien deal. Yes, I do believe there are aliens. Are there any here on Earth? That I do not know. Does the government have knowledge of aliens? I do not know. If they do I hope they NEVER tell any one. If I had knowledge of aliens I would never tell any one . I would help the government hide such things. You now ask me why. Here is why. How many alien horror movies had you seen? With aliens killing and eating people? That would be at the for front of everyones mind and the fear it would cause would do far more damage than any alien could. People would be seeing aliens around every corner and shooting everything that moved thing it was an alien out to get them. People would be killing them self by the 1000's in fear of what may happen to them. Humans are not ready for such knowledge. May be in a few hundred years but not now and maybe never. The panic would destroy the would. So for now I hope they kept there alien secrets to them selfs.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spidercow
Then what do we do?

since you split trustworthy into two words I'll split my answer to your question into two answers.

If the government says anything about UFOs at least 50% of the people will NOT believe them.

What we gotta do is get some proof, thats it, if the government supposedly has some proof why can't the people get some proof, if proof can exist that is, UFOs might be shapeshifting ghosts only sent to torment us because they can never be caught and a sample can never be taken, buf if ROSWELL existed concerning physical evidence it can happen again but what are the chances another will break into a million pieces like that so it may be a long time, unless they mess up on a test flight of a back engineered one or something, I don't think disclosure will ever happen, ever, I think it'll take a much different mindset to even prompt interest in the subject, the masses quite frankly will believe anything the history channel will tell them to believe, and during a time of war and financial crisis it will hardly be a focus of debate, such debates would probably only come during peace or during mass sightings, I belive the phoenix lights were chinese lanterns with flares attached that can burn up to 2 hours attached to one another with fishing wire, so by mass sighting I mean a real one.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
^Agree about the fear factor

But one thing is for certain that Hollywood is not part of the coverup.

I'm sorry but movies made for such and such, that go along with conspiracies is so kooky, its ridiculous. There is no connection, I promise. The only connection would be the writer's and director's imagination based off of reading/hearing about ufology and looking into the stars. You can keep thinking that their is a connection but you are seriously wasting your time.

Back to the topic...

I honestly think Obama could do a disclosure speech and it would become one of the most amazing speeches in history. Watch. I have some strange feeling inside of me, of why he became president, and its for disclosure. Study his speeches, he hints at it, listen to his major speeches again. Obama is on it. The things people say about him, how many times have you heard that Obama is the best President for disclosure. Why? Because he is liberal and a democrat? Maybe. But I think its for his style/presentation in his speeches. I think it would be a televised moment in history with the whole world watching, like the I have a dream speech, JFK assassination, landing of the moon, berlin wall, big moments in history, it will be huge. Obama will do it, if he doesn't get to it, I'd be really surprised. Could you imagine if this war on disclosure continues for another 5 years, 10 years, 20 years...?

new topics

top topics

join