It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drink coffee, see dead people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
People,

Take the time to look up the beneficial effects of coffee (tobacco and alcohol too, while you are at it.)

It might surprise you.

You are absolutely correct. Great antioxidant benefits - if it is drunk within 15 minutes of brewing. Also read a study as to how it benefits our ability to focus - if it we drink it only 2 times a day - 6 hours apart. I'll look for a link. : )
I love coffee -

[edit on 13-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

It is also an effective diuretic. Provided that one drinks enough water to make up for the fact that caffeine also has a dehydrating effect, it is very good to help the body cleanse.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yet, it is also dangerous to use long term in anyone who isn't in good cardiovascular shape.

Caffeine increases heart rate and blood pressure and in high doses and cause deadly heart problems. 2-3 caffeine pills will probably put you in the hospital and anymore than that could kill you. I believe caffeine's lethal dose is roughly 190mg/kg

Its a stimulant, it works alot like amphetamines do. A soda wont kill you but using caffeine pills which contain on average 200mg (the equivalent of 4 mountain dews) can be bad.

Once again, all medicine/drugs aren't without risk. Caffeine in lower doses in healthy people could benefit them, assuming they don't use it excessively and maintain proper heart health.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

If the effects of the caffeine cause this type of hallucinations, the use of coc aine must be much worse.

Lets just say my apartment seems like Grand Central Station sometimes!

Tune in! Drop out!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
I reckon this has less to do with the coffee, and more to do with the state of mind you're in when you're tired enough to drink some as a pick me up.

You know I think you may be right. It was students they surveyed and I know I only ever drank that much coffee when iw as trying to do an all nighter.

Once I OD'd on caffeine and from 2am to 5am sat at the keyboard shaking and couldn't type one single word. for the next 3 hours I churned out 3,000. I was too scared to proof read it but I passed so it must have been vaguely coherent.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

A UK-based study quizzed 200 students on their caffeine intake and found those with the highest consumption were also more prone to report seeing, or hearing, things that were not there.

This does not seem like a very valid sample. First of all, by choosing only students, the demographic is relatively limited. I would like to see the details of the questions, and whether other potential causative agents were probed. In addition, were attempts made to verify answers, cross correlate questions and answers to confirm veracity, etc.

Notice also how this study was published here:

Results of the study are published in the academic journal Personality and Individual Differences.

and NOT in a medical journal, where peer review would probably uncover any abnormalities in the conduct of the study.

I am highly suspicious of this "study". It makes great rag-sheet fill though.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
To really get that caffeine jag going, and to wake up really fast, it takes two cups of coffee.

You rapidly pour the first one down the front of your shorts, and then sip the second cup. YOU WILL be awake!

Just had another cup, and leather shoes just walked across my kitchen floor, as clear as day. And I'm the only one home.

I'll drink fast, and try to see if my "companion" wants anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This story sounds like the perfect ad campaign no?

Btw if cafeen can apparently do this after 7 or so cups a day, what about all those redbull drinkers? One can is equvilent to 10 or more cups, 2-3 cans a day, damn I guess they can see and hear the ghosts so clear, they think they are normal people and do not realise...

I see coffee shares going up, buy, buy, buy!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think that explains the hallucinations I've been having for the past six months. They're mostly olfactory, but they're still hallucinations damnit!

On the topic of coc aine, pure caffeine and coc aine look very similar, I wonder if caffeine has the same effect when you snort it? Someone should do that test.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

HEAVY coffee drinkers are more likely to have hallucinations or feel "the presence of dead people", according to new research.

A UK-based study quizzed 200 students on their caffeine intake and found those with the highest consumption were also more prone to report seeing, or hearing, things that were not there.

Hearing, seeing and feeling "things that are not there".

Why is it some people prefer to believe they have lost control of their own minds, rather than admit the spiritual world exists?

Right now, I am seeing the TV, hearing the TV, and feeling the coarse vibrations it emits. I guess I'm just "hallucinating".

If coffee really did this, they would ban it like all other similar substances, because our occultist rulers don't want us understanding the spirit world.

[edit on 14/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ooooh so that's why Bugs bunny and me saw something that looked like Bigfoot. It was the coffee, gotta tell Bugs to stop drinking so much, he won't be happy.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Which brands give the best hallucinations? I mean I have been using for years and didn't know anything about this, though I only consume about 2-3 cups per day. Maybe I haven't gotten ahold of the good stuff? That sucks! Oh well, maybe people think caffine could be bad for you and so they have to create hysteria t otry to ban it like cig smoking. Yeah since they banned it in my state everytime we go for a walk downtown butts are all over the place, so now we have an excess garbage issue all to appease non smokers whom want to eat at places that have no smoking, what a joke.

Also just a thought, I actually don't have dreams that I can recall at all while using coffee regularly, but when I stop using it, I start to have incredible movie like dreams that are very vivid.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by bubbabuddha]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is a cover up. This news article has been put out to cover up the real reason people are starting to see "dead people, hear voices and sense strange things". The coming awakening of the human race, its already started and now more and more people are seeing it, to stop them questioning it "they" have made up this coffee story. Funny people have been drinking coffee for years, why are they suddenly seeing dead people now then?

However unless we are told the truth these cover up stories are going to get more and more bizzare as the years pass. I feel our Doctors surgerys are going to be full in no time at all because people are thinking they are going mad, when really all thats happening is their consciousness is waking up to its potential.

Ive felt and seen alot recently and I dont drink coffee, so whats their excuse for me...oh yes of course I must be mad!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I prefer to drink absinthe if I would want a hallucination. Although, this Lucid Absinthe we can now get in the US does not have enough thujone levels to really create any hallucination. Tastes bad!

I guess that means this will spark a class action lawsuit against Starbucks? Maybe the FDA will move caffeine into the narcotic / hallucinogenic category? Now, I need another cup of coffee and a cigarette!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just a passing thought, and maybe I should let it pass. But I just can't help myself!

My coffee drinking draws 'haints because apparently, they like the odor of coffee!

I drink beer - nothing.

I drink Jack Daniels - nothing.

Milk - nothing!

Coffee? Hell, you're tripping over them.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by dooper]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

When I was in high school and simultaneously a massive idiot I took 12 of those No-Doz pills because I had them and figured it was better to use them than just waste them.

Not fun.

I got jittery like you wouldnt believe and started sweating all over. I couldnt tell if I was breathing or not but I thought it would be okay because I could feel all the blood just under the surface of my skin hot and rushing.

Everything was incredibly bright and peoples voices sort of echoed.

After an hour I couldnt stand anymore because being tall was scary and my nausea was unbelievable.

I ended up in the hospital drinking charcoal from a foam cup. My whole body hurt for days after that.

The part that bothered me the most is I had to talk to the school counselor and a counselor when I was at the hospital. Apparently everyone thought it was some lame suicide attempt. Nobody would buy the excuse that I was just a dumbass.

It sucks. Dont do it.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
All forms of speed in high enough doses will cause Auditory Hallucinations... even Caffeine.

100 cups of coffee an 1/8 of blow or a couple hits of Meth...

Hallucinations from any form of Speed are Psychotic in nature, a result of brain damage. Hallucinations from psychedelic substances come from altered signals via your neurotransmitters it's an alteration of perception only there is no structure change or damage to your brain cells.

Speed however, the Hallucinations are "psychotic" because the Brain damage prevents you from distinguishing between fantasy and reality, you might believe the voices are real, it's not dream like where most people of sound mind will "know" the sounds are illusion from a rational perspective but rather have a bad "trip" because they think something is happening.

Psychotic Hallucinations often turn bad either as a result of fear or simply bad decision making resulting from the distorted perceptions

i.e. a non psychotic Hallucination might make a person "feel like" or perceive that they are flying a psychotic Hallucination can actually get a person up off their bum and jump out the window to try it

Any Psychedelic "bad trip" can of course become Psychotic if the person is predisposed or suffering from mental issues they are unaware of so those substances aren't actually "safe" for every one.

but in short

sure 100 cups of Coffee can absolutely induce a Psychotic episode...

For those at home dumb enough to try this, your as likely to die of a heart attack or at least need to go in for a stomach pump if you try it though

and

you would need less, like 10-40 cups depending on tolerance...

but seriously, your likely to die, don't ever try it... definitely you'd wreck your insides... the diuretic aspect alone could kill you.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Could it be that heavy coffee drinkers miss a huge amount of sleep which could contribute to these hallucinations?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I find it amusing to no end that it's believed that the baseline is that the 'hallucinations' are false.

Maybe some of you guys should get out more... Meet a sensitive or two.

Maybe, if they are in the mood, they'll introduce you to your hallucinations.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It' trueee!
I see something other than dead people!
I often saw red, when I drank too much

Just kidding

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join