It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I must be going crazy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'd like to point out before i begin that i consider myself a sceptic, i don't hold any belief in god as some of you may know from my posting, however i do not know how to explain what happened tonight, so i thought i would post here, if only to validate my own sanity that what i saw was what i saw and two people didn't experience the same hallucination.

Excuse any typographical errors, it's pretty late here. For those of you who live around here, the first cemetary is in Deeping St James, the second where we both saw things is in Market Deeping, near St Guthlacs.

Entered cemetary near childrens playground, walked to the end then stopped. Sam reported strange lights, but most likely reflections of street lamps. We crouched on the grass to rest, the gravel path was clear and nobody was around, however clear footsteps were heard coming toward us, down the path. No disturbance was noted in the gravel, however the low light levels did impair visibility further down. I myself also saw human shadows in the corner, however it is very possible that this is the result of misidentification. As we left, nothing else was heard.

Later on, We got some food, and, as the safest area is near another graveyard, we sat near there to eat. Shortly after we'd finished Sam saw some lights close by. I went to have a look, they turned out to be security lights in the distance, but as i walked back i noticed a blurred figure crouching near a gravestone. It was whiteish and semi translucent, with long hair and seemed feminine, or was a slight male. I looked at it for around 10 seconds, then turned back to sit back down. She asked what i was looking at, and i explained what i saw. We sat back down for a while, then got up to go. We went out of the gate, then i looked back, where we were sitting there was a whiteish, vaguely translucent figure sitting on the bench where we were. It was, from how far away i was looking straight ahead. We turned round and walked away. About 2-3minutes after we left, we both suddenly became incredibly cold, (a noticable difference from the surrounding environment) and we both turned round. Standing near the gate was a figure, which we stood and looked at for around 5 minutes. It seemed darker, but as we were further away than at any previous time i couldn't tell whether it was the same thing as we saw before. Although it seemed to be again translucent. I, for some reason had the distinct feeling we weren't welcome, so said out loud 'Sorry we'll leave now'. Then we both saw it turn to the side and disappear. Now after this we walked off, moving to the nearest shop to get a drink, but we then realised we would have to walk past the area again in order to get to the bus stop so i could get home, if we didn't it'd have been a massive detour. Sam seemed incredibly scared, but for some reason i wasn't. We walked near it again and stopped as she had to text someone. I was looking over the graveyard, but saw nothing. Again, nobody around, mildly cloudy and quite a few stars visible. She finished with her phone, she noted on the sense of unease which i also felt before she said. At this point we again heard the sound of footsteps, look round but see nobody, so continue to walk toward the main road. We still feel troubled, but didn't exactly run away. Nearing the exit, i got the uneasy feeling i was being watched, so turned round - standing just within the boundary of the graveyard was a figure, pitch black, red eyes, pretty solid except seemed.. fuzzy at the edges. I'd estimate it was a bit taller than i am, and i'm pretty short for an adult male, 5'10. Looked at it for maybe 30 seconds, then turned to face friend, she'd run off, i caught up with her and she didn't see it, just felt an overwhelming wave of despair come over her at the same time i'd turned round.

So there we have it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
very interesting. Could you supply more detail about the red eyed spectre? did the eyes glow, or were they just red? Were his limbs and body symmetrical, or disporportioned? Did the first couple people have red eyes?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Floating or walking?

Did you see arms, hands, feet, legs etc?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Couldn't really see arms and legs on the spectre clearly, just the general outline and it seemed to get 'fuzzier' and less distinct toward the edges. It seemed pretty broad in the shoulders, this is going to sound silly but i swear it was wearing a cloak of some sort over it's head, but i could be mistaken.

None of these things tended to walk, as i said before it was limited to crouching, turning and standing. No floating.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I wouldn't question your sanity for a number of reasons. If things are making sense 99% of the time, it doesn't seem probable that you had a 1% lapse in sanity. Thinking you're insane creates fear and a feeling that you've lost control. It is also a tool that can be used against you so that you give up the control that you actually have. Suppose everything that happened was absolutely correct. What then?

I noticed in your opening statement you'd said you don't hold belief in God. Interesting that you'd made mention of that to preface this experience. Could it be that this was an awaking situation for you? Perhaps it's time to consider mortality and the afterlife? Or heaven and hell?

Going only by the information you've given, I'd like to offer my best guess. When you felt you weren't welcomed there, it could be the feeling/communication that you were given. You felt compelled then to say you were leaving or meant no harm. That's what the apparation was hoping to hear. Why? Maybe some necromancy/spiritualism ritualism/seance was held there which was very hard on that summoned being? The red eyes on a dark shade/shadow is well recognized demonic.

May I ask what you were doing in the graveyard? Do you believe even being there caused come kind of concern/expectation/subconcious fear?

[edit on 14-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't know, it's certainly made me think. I suppose i can't say i need more proof now, just explanation of events that occurred. Seeing something i can't explain, which if they turned out to be ghosts isn't confirmation of a separate belief system.

At any rate, was walking through to look at the gravestones - nothing disrespectful i might add, for the first one. Second one we were doing the same thing after eating nearby.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venit
I don't know, it's certainly made me think. I suppose i can't say i need more proof now, just explanation of events that occurred. Seeing something i can't explain, which if they turned out to be ghosts isn't confirmation of a separate belief system.

I believe this is 'step one' to a person's awaking. No longer needing proof that something beyond this life exists, just a matter for finding out what and what it means to you is what's next. I'd be glad to help with that if you want to U2U sometime.

Originally posted by Venit
At any rate, was walking through to look at the gravestones - nothing disrespectful i might add, for the first one. Second one we were doing the same thing after eating nearby.

Fair enough. I used to go during the day as a teen. I'd read their name, the dates, see if any family was buried near by, if I recognized the last name, what organization had an emblem on them, etc. Then I'd wonder what they were like, what they did, and what all of that meant to the grand scheme of the universe. It made me smile often, that here was someone others cared so much about adorned with flowers. In Italy there's a holiday where once a year they picnic in the graveyard to be 'with family'.

top topics

join