It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama drops his plan to give businesses $3000 tax credit for jobs they create

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Maybe you should pester the Washington Post for the claim that they made. I only cited them.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Note the date. End of debate.

Thursday, October 16, 2008
$3,000 Tax Credit From Obama if you hire an employee. . .

Obama has never run a business before. It is obvious that he has never run anything when he made the statement (a few times, now) that during his presidency he will give businesses a $3,000 tax credit for hiring a new full-time worker.

politicalpistachio.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, especially if they're made up...

It gets worse....

From the Wall Street Journal

During the campaign in October, Mr. Obama had proposed a tax credit of $3,000 for each new hire made by businesses, in response to mounting job losses.
Source

[edit on 14-1-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Is anybody keeping track of how many lies this guy has told?

Do you remember him saying (paraphrased) "If I am elected, I will give a tax credit of $3,000 to businesses for each new job they create".

"Lies"? What "lies"? As I recall the $3000 tax credit for businesses was a proposal, a suggestion. No where in the article does it state its a broken campaign promise, and I dont recall this ever being a campaign promise. Resurrected? You mean something totally unrelated to his job creation policy that will come about over a course of 3years.

From the article itself:

Obama suggested the $3,000-per-job credit last week as one of five individual and business tax incentives aimed at winning Republican support. He proposed $300 billion in tax relief in a bill that could reach $775 billion, and he resurrected the jobs-credit proposal from the campaign trail as one of his main provisions.

It was a proposal in conjunction to the economic stimulus package. It was a proposal that came about way after his presidential win in Nov. 4th. You folk see something in article, without reading into it correctly and objectively you jump around making assumptions blinded by partisanship then you post this garbage. This thread goes little beyond misleading the reader.

Well, maybe you don't remember, since he promised the world to his followers to get elected.

Again where was this a campaign promise? Sources please.

[qoute]But don't worry - he's gonna break it anyway:...

That article you cited disproved tthe accusation that he broke a campaign promise. It proves that this thread of yours is misleading.

I remember plently of promises Bush made in 2000, when was there once a thread on that from you fellas?

[edit on 14-1-2009 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
It was a proposal that came about way after his presidential win in Nov. 4th.

Really?

I guess you just skipped over the article I linked above which places this proposal as early as last October? Which makes it way before his presidential win Nov. 4th.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
It was a proposal that came about way after his presidential win in Nov. 4th.

Really?

I guess you just skipped over the article I linked above which places this proposal as early as last October? Which makes it way before his presidential win Nov. 4th.

During the campaign in October, Mr. Obama had proposed a tax credit of $3,000 for each new hire made by businesses, in response to mounting job losses. Transition aides were determined to keep that promise in his economic-recovery package, but the proposal has come under strong criticism on Capitol Hill, with many members of Mr. Obama's own party raising concerns about its effectiveness.

It was a proposal in conjuction with the economic stimulus package. It was never a campaign promise. In addition the idea was met with skeptism on capital hill so it was dropped just like the other ideas. Im pritty sure McCain came up with proposals to the economic stimulus package during the time they were discussing it in washington, and his ideas were dropped. It didnt make them campaign promises.

Do you remember when they all gathered on capital hill in October to get this economic stimulus package set up, when mccain suspended his campaign?
and they all gathered to come up with solutions?

This wasnt a campaign promise.
He didnt "lie" about anything.

Get a hold of yourselves.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
And you know... what a way to deny ignorance by once again referencing your sources of information from a propaganda website where the article you used shows a picture of Obama being muslim and an arab:

Its real ironic because looking through the site you then find an article about "objectivity" and "bias":

Hypocrisy at its worse, but you folks love to sweep it under the rug right?

The OP is misleading.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
It was used extensively during his campaign.

Then it should be fairly easy to find. Right?

Originally posted by nyk537
I'll see if I can find the video.

Thanks.

Maybe you should pester the Washington Post for the claim that they made. I only cited them.

You said this:

Is anybody keeping track of how many lies this guy has told?

Do you remember him saying (paraphrased) "If I am elected, I will give a tax credit of $3,000 to businesses for each new job they create".

That's what I'm asking you to verify.

Note the date. End of debate.

Not really. Your anti-Obama blog didn't source it either. I'm not sure why you think an anti-Obama blog is more credible than an actual journalist, but it's not.

he made the statement (a few times, now) that during his presidency he will give businesses a $3,000 tax credit for hiring a new full-time worker.

Pardon me if I have questions about this, but even your blog says "during his presidency". This stimulus package isn't Obama's entire presidency... I am challenging your claim that Obama made a campaign promise and is now going back on it by removing the $3000 tax credit from this stimulus package.

During the third debate, Obama said this:

Number one, let's focus on jobs. I want to end the tax breaks for companies that are shipping jobs overseas and provide a tax credit for every company that's creating a job right here in America.

But I have searched his speeches from August and September and all three debates and I cannot find anything about a $3000 promise... I don't know where your blog got that, but if it was a proposal, that's not the same as a campaign promise.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

In terms of credibility I did link a Wall Street Journal that says the same thing BH.

It does say that it was a proposal as well, but it is a credible source that dates this before his election.

I'd also make the case that on the campaign trail, a "proposal" is the same as promise in the eyes of those your speaking to.

No candidate would every come out and say "I promise" to do anything, as it's unrealistic. But when a candidate is making claims to get elected, those who voted for him kind of expect to see some follow through.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
[edit on 14-1-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I found it.

October 31

I will end those breaks as President, and I will give American businesses a $3,000 tax credit for every job they create right here in the United States of America.

jsobecky, you don't have to get personal just because someone asks you to stand by your claims...

Now, removing this proposal from the stimulus package doesn't necessarily mean that it's not in his plans for the future. He still may (or may not) do it during his presidency.

I know you think he's a liar, but this thread doesn't prove that in the least. All this proves is that he took one of his proposals out of this stimulus package in order to get it passed.
He didn't lie.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

See it's his verbiage that gets him…"I will" sounds like a promise.

I won't come out and say that the man lied, but I can't deny that there will be some who voted for him in part because of this claim that will.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

My point is, he still has at least 4 years to do it. He didn't say it would be in the stimulus package. But I know what you mean.
There are people that are going to be jumping on him from both sides. I think that's so cool.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

That's true.

Here's to hoping he doesn't do either.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

SG

Do you remember the last thread we debated in? Same stuff applies here - stop attacking a source as 'biased'. Examine whether the info is true and factual.

NYK was correct, as both he and I proved - it was a statement made during the campaign.

Deny that.

And BH, I knew you would come back with your standard "it's a blog so it isn't reliable" line. Blogs are only acceptable when you use them, it seems. Forget the date on the article.

But I'm glad nyk sourced the WSJ. Deny that!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I already found it and posted about it. What are you going on about?

And BH, I knew you would come back with your standard "it's a blog so it isn't reliable" line.

So, then why did you use a blog for a source?

It's not reliable in that it didn't tell me what Obama himself said. It didn't give a direct quote or a source where I could read it. That's the information I wanted to see. And I found it.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And BH, I knew you would come back with your standard "it's a blog so it isn't reliable" line.

So, then why did you use a blog for a source?

Uhh...because I don't have to follow your double standards?

I can use whatever sources I choose to.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I might use a blog to show what someone thinks or says, but I don't use them as news sources or to prove facts. I don't know what double standard you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am amazed how people are now complaining about Obama campaign promises broken or not, when we have bush that crapped on everything he promised to the American citizens and more and on the American nation.

So what you people expect? this are politicians they do what they are told to do as long as is about kissing everybody's butt but the American people.

Yet America does nothing about it. Why have you not tumultuously rushed to arms like Alexander Hamilton wrote in the federalist papers? Your own government has trashed everything it is supposed to be paid for by YOU to protect and nuture. The government has betrayed the will of the people - why have you had to write in, fax and call to stop a vote 5 times (and be ignored) to change illegal immigration laws to let the millions of illegals who have obvious negative effects on your country in.. who've jumped the line.
This is just a single aspect of a whole metric assload of things which they have done to mess USA up more and more. Patriot act, 9/11, wars, 50 trillion dollar debts when you include veterans benefits etc etc. Your dollar is doomed and the country is going to fall apart... yet you sit idly by.

If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.

From source:
hamilton.thefreelibrary.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I have written so many letters to congress that my Congress man now address me by mail.

That is the "right thing to do" when American people like me used to have power over our elected officials, now they don't listen to anybody but their corrupted masters.

I am waiting for the people like me to start rising because I will be right there in the front lines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join