It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st ever bio-fuel - flying car! PARAJET!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

1st ever bio-fuel - flying car! PARAJET!

www.worl dculturepictorial.com

A workable flying car has been the inventors’ holy grail for half a century, but the reality has remained elusive. Just ask Paul Moller, the Canadian engineer whose four-seater Skycar is still at the prototype stage after 40 years and more than £100m of development. Cardozo, a self-taught engineer with a tiny fraction of that budget, thinks he may finally have cracked it. “I’ve been dreaming about making flying cars since I was a boy,” he says, “thinking about all the ways it could be done and seeing how all the other people in the world have done it wrong. “No one’s ever made one that really does work that you can go out and buy. But here’s the ultimate solution: it’s cheap, it’s safe, it works, all the technology’s already there. So I pushed ahead and thought, ‘We’ve got to do it’.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.smh.com.au
www.parajet.com

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Finally a working model made by British Adventurer: Neil Laughton
This does actually look promising.. I wonder how long it will be before this wonderful invention is sold to the public. I know its not a "technologically advanced aircraft" but nonetheless it looks really fun..wouldn't mind getting one of these baby's for the trip to work

www.worl dculturepictorial.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Looks cool, but am i reading it right that there will be the chute above the car at all times?

It says the "wing" will come out and remain locked above the car, but i just see a paraglider type wing.

If so, i envisage problems when the thing is landing and you have the chute dropping down around you.

Sounds interesting though.

CX.

[edit on 13/1/09 by CX]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
pretty cool but basically a parasail with a 4 wheeler attachedd

not really a whole new idea,,,,just a different take on it

still cool,,,,better hold on tight to the handlebars

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yes that's correct. The parachute is for gliding down and emergencies only and is not open constantly, I would imagine it being hard to fly. The wings unfold before take off and can be folded again once on the ground. Yeh same concept but just cooler

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
at last ive always wanted to fly to work!, no more pedestrians getting in the way or traffic jams just clean sailing!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
No - this version is using the parachute as the para'wing' I think they may be a second chute for emergency's... The one with the fixed wings is a concept.

I can remember snowmobiles with para wings in one of the recent Bond films
yhea I can... don't think they were CGI either - same idea.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
No - this version is using the parachute as the para'wing' I think they may be a second chute for emergency's... The one with the fixed wings is a concept.

I can remember snowmobiles with para wings in one of the recent Bond films
yhea I can... don't think they were CGI either - same idea.

Haha snowmobiles with para wings ftw! now that would be something..but this is more "versatile" I guess.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MASH_DADDY

Yhea cool as beans! They are called parahawks, from The World is not Enough check out this link

[edit on 14/1/2009 by Now_Then]

new topics

top topics

join