It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI launches new software program called eGuardian to spy on the American public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

FBI launches new software program called eGuardian to spy on the American public

apnews.myway.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - The FBI is launching a system to share tips about possible terror threats with local police agencies just in time for the presidential inauguration.

The program aims to get more local police officers sharing data quickly about suspicious activity and people - particularly in and around the nation's capital leading up the historic ceremony.

Ahead of next week's inauguration, officials say they are getting as many as 1,000 tips a day from the public.

Called e-Guardian, the information sharing program began New Year's Eve and is available to law enforcement agencies around the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh good we should all be safe from bad guys now.

Here's a link to the FBI website that explains the eguardian program. Look over behind that parked car - a possible terrorist. Look to your left behind the tree - a possible terrorist in a ski mask. Car abandoned in the stadium parking lot for 3 days - suspicious car.

What happens if an incident has no probable link to terrorism?

The report is deleted to ensure personal data is not being needlessly stored. If the information is deemed “inconclusive,” it will remain in eGuardian for up to five years, in accordance with federal regulations.

www.fbi.gov...

What else do I get for my freakin tax money?

How 'bout some damn health insurance, free college tuition for my kids and some as*holes in Washington that can do something other than fill thier pockets full of corporate loot and kiss Israels as@?

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Any schmuck can slap together some algorithims and get a fat tax payer funded check, but try to actually make something and you are literally hounded out of business.

new topics

join