It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really worth saving?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Data you are a gem mate

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hmmm. Data, are you saying that maybe men should don the apron for a while while women step out and change the world? Depending on the situation, they may actually look cute in their aprons. Women could end up being sexist too I suppose, so they probably must keep on trying to do this hand and hand with men, and so far this hasn't worked very well, they get treated like second class citizens and taught that their caring approach to the world economics and politics isn't practical.

I remember being courted by a very wealthy man and I told him repeatedly that first, there was no equity between us and I found that uncomfortable, and second that we had completely opposite political and worldly views, he was conservative and I'm more left than than the NDP, (because they still relate to union men too much and don't get women's issues nearly enough). He said, "women were allowed to be like that, it made them nicer, but men needed to be strong and tough." I took it to mean men had to keep the power.

Maybe there's a planet out there with too many men in the population, hopefully with hair mind you, that wants to adopt some earth women, if they were more equal and cooperative. But then that would be a cop out too, most women would stay here and die for their sons if necessary.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Man, women, color, creed we need to pull the burden as one and in one direction.

Any them will we be on our true path

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006
Man, women, color, creed we need to pull the burden as one and in one direction.

Any them will we be on our true path

Everyone needs to accept that we are all one people, and all in this boat together, that we must cast aside all petty differences related to race,creed, color, belief, or any of the rest of the prattle used to segregate us;

we must learn to work together, live together, in harmony and peace, towards a unified goal of free choice, free will, and equality in all things for eveyone.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
SM in the first paragraph of the first page of the Thread that you started called "Are we really worth saving?" you state: "my postings on ABT brought more questions than answers".

I looked up ABT on the internet and the ABT forum means "Alien Babel Tech" Forum.

Which poster are you on ABT? I want to do more research on whom you really are in order to figure out if you are fake, or real.

So.... what is your "name" on ABT?

I'm sure some of the others want to go to ABT and see what you said on there to see if you are keeping true to form, or if you have slowly but surely been making up stuff as you go along.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well just before I drop this train of thought, since women really don't understand this dog eat dog nonsense patriarchal societies have set up and I've sat in many different groups of them and they often talk about this world....

What would happen if the ets started shipping all the women off planet? Would we be missed? Would there be changes?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Mystiq if ETs shipped all the women off of the planet, I for one, would surely miss all the women; and it would be the biggest battle ever to get all of you back safely, I'm sure of that.

But... I don't think that is an agenda of the future that we have to plan for, thank goodness.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well if they have a sense of humor, and think can out of the box, and really want to see some changes on earth, I've been throwing that idea out there.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

If ET's want our women, can I ask them to please take the Mother-in-Law's of the world, but leave the wives and daughter's.

Seriously sometimes women have got a bigger set of balls than men but unfortunatley men still run the world. theres no gettign away from it at present, unless women after all start to stand up for their rights as their predisessors did in the early 20th century.
Women , like men , like we all are still at present stuck bewteen 2 era's , we need to fianlly step off the sexist boat and get onto the shore of equality. most women in politics are only there to look out for themselves which is the same mentality as the men in politics.
ALL politicians need to try and look at the bigger picture of the world, and not through the rose tinted goggles at their own bank balances.
And NO I don't look good in an apron, my butts too big.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

DW, that is one good example of an unequality that should be addressed along with many others that permeate this world; slavery is still an issue in some places, along with outright abuse and genocide;

there is no reason why anyone should not be treated and held as an equal in our society at large, there should be no class distinctions or discrimination of any kind;

feed all the hungry children and help teach their parents how to grow food, give them a hoe, seeds, a wheel barrow, and enough training and help to do the job;
we have all grown too fat and complacent with all the toys that denote status that really isn't worth thinking about,junk that needs to tossed away along with all the attitudes;
and try and start working together as one people devoted to one cause; happiness and well being of all.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There are many ways of equalizing people, but feminine energies are cooperative and sharing. Advanced civilizations are not all goat herders or farmers however, but without money they pool everything and divide it fairly, and their technology does accomplish much of the basics, then they either share in what needs to be done and still have time for their specializations or bliss, or they can go straight for the last part. I love farms and natural surroundings, but I also want us to advance to a high level of clean technology, with no patents, no ownership, all knowledge belonging to everyone and no one falling beneath the cracks of life.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

we could accomplish all that now if only we can get away from money, greed, corruption, arrogance, and stifling over inflated egos.

it would be a long hard road but we could do it and in the end have a healthy happy world for everyone.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I agree. I also think that we are the only glue holding this paradigm in place. None of the rulers plans matter, except that we havn't given our heads a shake and just laughed at them and met in the town square and reestablished a completely equal fair system of our own.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Very interesting...the "klaaq" ..will you tell us more about them please Smokingman? What will happen if we win this "war" against the annunakis? will we still live on earth or do we have to leave earth? and what happen if we will lose? THanks SmokingMan

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

Why start another thread that is dealing directly with the same subject as two others?

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Beamish]

Why?????? Why not??? I don't understand the bitterness towards the beauty.......this is a beautiful story, weather true or false, it's message is absolutly TRUE is it not????

The moral of the story is dead on, so please, look at the moral, instead of weather you can prove it or not, because until you experience it yourself you can not "prove" it to anyone...

I cannot even prove to myself the experiences I have had, because that was not the point, the point for me was the message and moral of the story.....

We are loved, many want to help us, (waether neighbors, frineds, on world, or off world), but the fact just is, that those trying to help, keep getting demolished by those they are trying to help...

there are far too many that are dangerouse to those trying to give them assistance....

I personally have spent my whole life trying to help strangers and the like, only to be either stolen from, betrayed, slandered, or used, pretty much every time....

The very few times I got thank you or felt appreciated, are the most valuable times in the world though that make up for all the bad, yet they don't absolve the others, only themselves etc......

Not only can others not controll themselves, but I have been here so long now that, even I am starting to pick up these habbits of gossip, and putting myself first etc.......I am so dissapointed in the ways I act in order to protect myself, I have for the first time in my life started turning people away from letting them stay at my house, or from feeding them food that I would rather give to my son etc......

It makes me understand WHY on the one hand, but it also shows me that if they would stop biting the hands that feed them, things could be so wonderful so fast......

I feel I need threads like this to recharge me on my lifes mission etc, so thank you OP.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Why start another thread that is dealing directly with the same subject as two others?

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Beamish]

Why?????? Why not??? I don't understand the bitterness towards the beauty.......this is a beautiful story, weather true or false, it's message is absolutly TRUE is it not????

The moral of the story is dead on, so please, look at the moral, instead of weather you can prove it or not, because until you experience it yourself you can not "prove" it to anyone...

I cannot even prove to myself the experiences I have had, because that was not the point, the point for me was the message and moral of the story.....

We are loved, many want to help us, (waether neighbors, frineds, on world, or off world), but the fact just is, that those trying to help, keep getting demolished by those they are trying to help...

there are far too many that are dangerouse to those trying to give them assistance....

I personally have spent my whole life trying to help strangers and the like, only to be either stolen from, betrayed, slandered, or used, pretty much every time....

The very few times I got thank you or felt appreciated, are the most valuable times in the world though that make up for all the bad, yet they don't absolve the others, only themselves etc......

Not only can others not controll themselves, but I have been here so long now that, even I am starting to pick up these habbits of gossip, and putting myself first etc.......I am so dissapointed in the ways I act in order to protect myself, I have for the first time in my life started turning people away from letting them stay at my house, or from feeding them food that I would rather give to my son etc......

It makes me understand WHY on the one hand, but it also shows me that if they would stop biting the hands that feed them, things could be so wonderful so fast......

I feel I need threads like this to recharge me on my lifes mission etc, so thank you OP.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

This belongs in the Short Story forum - and it needs a rewrite...

How rude. Anyway, how can you be sure this is a friendly entity?

What if they're lying, and are bent on our destruction?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

My objection was that smokingman2006 already has two threads on the go, both dealing with the same alleged, and ongoing, contact. Why the need to start a third? A simple answer would be that he’ after fresh readers, or that he’s hungry for points. Neither of those is an accusation, by the way.

And if it’s false, not only does it belong in the Short Story forum, but he’s also breached the T&C’s.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Worth saving, yes. Do we NEED saving in the cosmic sense of it all? No. I believe it's just how you look at it. This body isn't worth saving by some extraterrestial intervention because the essence that really counts will not perish with it if and when all goes to crap, that is something worth saving if needed but the whole subjective experience of 3th dimension is just some grandscaled playing ground.

So, taking into account that we created this life on this earthly ball of mud we should man up and play it out for better or for worse. It may suck, it may hurt but some lessons are meant to hurt.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Harman]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Worth saving, yes. Do we NEED saving in the cosmic sense of it all? No.

So do you follow the logic of smokingman2006’s story that his contacts are to physically remove 144,000 odd people from Earth before this “mass” he predicted destroys the rest of us?

If we are eternal, what difference to our continued spiritual existence does it make if we all undergo corporeal death?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join