It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Time Clock Has Run Out: Israel Ready to Strike Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

They tried to do that on more than one occasion and were always defeated by Israel, some times in miraculous fashion. God's hand is on Israel as she fulfills her last days role in Biblical prophecy. So no I'm sorry there is an outside player in this that makes a military invasion of Israel currently impossible. In fact consider this scripture of the last days, Zech. 12,

2 "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. 3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. 4 On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness," declares the LORD. "I will keep a watchful eye over the house of Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. 5 Then the leaders of Judah will say in their hearts, 'The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the LORD Almighty is their God.'

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The US should have spent the past half-century since WWII being staunchly neutral and uninvolved in this conflict. We are the US. We are not Israel. We are not Iran. We are AMERICA. Henry Kissenger said a lot of things I don't necessarily agree with, but one I do is "nation don't have friends, they have interests." We should be asking ourselves, "what are our interests here?" Its a question we've failed to ask and answer in a mature, meaningful way for the past few decades.

We should have nothing to do with this part of the world at all, save as a customer for their oil. Let them fight it out among themselves. Why the hell do we have to be involved at all? Our constant support for Isral has brought us nothing but grief and hardship, global hatred and terror. In the old days I could see it perhaps as being part of the global "grand chessboard" of the cold war as we jockeyed for influence across the world with the soviets, but those days are long past. Its time to cut Israel loose and let the chips fall where they may. If they want to slaughter palistinians, if they want to make peace with them, either way...that's their problem. NOT OURS.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
World War would sure come in handy, wouldn't it? Imagine the profit to be made and the saving of precious resources that have fallen to scarcity if two thirds of the planet's population was wiped out while the fat cats sat in their underground bungalows laughing it up as their plan finally came to fruition while rakin' in the dough. With so many resources at our disposal once more, the world economy would fix itself, diseases would have a chance to be rectified, people would have to become much more self-reliant (in shape) and willing to do what's necessary to fulfill their respective necessity. Wanna wager a bet that someone's already thought this through?

I know...a little too optimistic. Well, here's something - what good are BOB's gonna be in nuclear winter? Always have a BUBOB (back-up Bug Out Bag) with the necessary cyanide pill, or rope, or .38 handy (anything less could be sadomasochistic).

Live in the now people. Enjoy what we have in the now - if only for unfeigned spite. We've been kept in utter darkness and haven't been in control for a very long time. Life is short; live it up.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagnar

Live in the now people. Enjoy what we have in the now - if only for unfeigned spite. We've been kept in utter darkness and haven't been in control for a very long time. Life is short; live it up.

"I don't know. People were always getting ready for tomorrow. I didn't believe in that. Tomorrow wasn't getting ready for them. It didnt even know they were there."

-Old man (post-apolcalyptic survivor), from Comac McCarthy's novel "The Road"

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Acelet

I can tell you all, "There is 'A LOT' of thing's going on in that part of the world.
I don't mean to crash a thread with my own post, but it is of interests for those of you who wish to glimpse the "Big Picture' of that region.

Russia, Ukraine, EU, Bosnia, Turkey, India, Syria, Croatia, etc,,,

It is quite a list, "have a read guy's."

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If Israel decides to sign their own death warrant, I say let them do it. WE shouldn't be backing them. Israel is just some random Middle Eastern country with it's own problems. It should not stand as some sort of symbol for national self determination, freedom, etc. Let's not fall prey to Churchill's obscene idealism. If Israel wants to get nuked we should all just watch and let it be. There is no need for a third World War.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ummmm...ive seen this .line on ATS, what a hundred times. No maybe a thousand times in the last 2 years and Israel has YET to do anything. Just more hype. Nothing is going to happen. I see this .line every other week it seems.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummmm...ive seen this .line on ATS, what a hundred times. No maybe a thousand times in the last 2 years and Israel has YET to do anything. Just more hype. Nothing is going to happen. I see this .line every other week it seems.

Then you should beware of the inevitable out come of constant threats and continuing, not too mention escalating circumstances?

Don't be "Ignorant" to these events, they are the "Time Bomb" of the middle-East, and as another poster has put it "Who cares, let them Nuke themselves." statement, it is relative to the entire world population, one pushes the button, the rest are poised...

And while you naysayers are starting to get the "Big Picture" after the fact, you run and cry and say "Why ole Lord, Why?" type of scenarios.
I would rather be prepared for something that never happens, than to ignore the sign's of the times and regret my "Ignorance" too the facts."

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Nope! Not at all bro. Ive just seen this TOO many times...week after week there are threads on here and posts and newsources CLAIMING and immenent attack on Iran by Israel and you know what? As you obviously can see, NOTHING!!! For 2 plus years!! I mean maybe it will happen one day maybe it wont, but forgive me for looking at this news and yawning. Ive said it before (on all those hundreds of threads) and i'll say it again. I'll believe it when i see it.

And i really see Israel striking Iran right now while they are bogged down in Gaza. Yep, that makes a lot of sense as well.

MOD Edit: Quoting

Quote the post immediately before yours: This makes no sense, and quoting the entire previous post above yours will result in a slight warning.

Quoting an entire post: Size doesn't matter unless the post is already small, less than 3 sentences. You will receive a warning if you quote an entire post that exceeds four or more sentences.

[edit on 1/14/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I personally believe that Arab/Russian wouldn't effectively turn back, let alone win a war against the Israeli side, especially considering the fact that you have at least the top 4 air forces in the world all on the same side. (US, Israel, UK, India) based on technology & training.

Let's not forget that Russian microwave technology is at least a generation a. the best the west can offer, thanks to Nikola Tesla.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Nuclear fallout is much less devastating than a full-scale modern war, which would inevitably refuel old, unsettled animosities between East and West.

It only becomes a problem if we intervene.

We can risk the safety of the world for a few million souls, or we can let them deal with their own problems and realize the error of their ways.

Ideological warfare contains very few physical objectives. It would only bring about interminable military conflict between the world's major powers.

Israel is not a beacon for hope in the Middle East. It could not be deeper in the darkness. Let's not prop it up. Let's not try to solve their issues as if their problems were at the forefront of all we stand for in regard to peace and freedom. Their situation could never be more distant an evocation of our own condition.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkPassenger

If this happens, then I hope to god that the US don't openly show support for Israel's actions

Hmmm, let's see....The Senate votes unanimously to support Israel this week, the House votes 390-5 for:

Recognizing Israel’s right to defend itself against attacks from Gaza, reaffirming the United States’ strong support for Israel, and supporting the Israeli-Palestinian peace process

Gee, you want to withdraw your above statement?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

A lot of people mistakenly take our troubles in Iraq as a showing of our military weakness, but of course they are highly mistaken, the U.S. wouldn't back down to anyone were Israel to be attacked, really none of the western world would. In fact I think this is so true that if Israel attacked Iran...Iran wouldn't have the balls to strike back.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The thing that scares me the most is the fact that this has been popping up everywhere for about two years. But thats the problem, if they have been "thinking" about doing it for two years with Iran knowing they may strike, what has Iran built for their defense or offense.

I can't remember where I saw it but, I think Iran said it would fire on London if it was attacked.

If anything does happen it will happen before Obama takes office.
The unknown January 21st or 22nd crisis that Obama will face......
Colin Powell has warned us.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by TheKingsVillian]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Psalm 83- Arab confederacy attacks Israel.Israel wins.

Ezekiel 38/39- Russia and Iran attack Israel. Israel wins.

Revelations- China attacks. Israel wins. Then ALL nations attack bringing on the Second Coming. Israel wins.

Don't mess with Israel or you will reap the whirlwind.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit
Psalm 83- Arab confederacy attacks Israel.Israel wins.

Ezekiel 38/39- Russia and Iran attack Israel. Israel wins.

Revelations- China attacks. Israel wins. Then ALL nations attack bringing on the Second Coming. Israel wins.

Obama 1/20 - "... so help me Allah."

Woody Woodpecker -- meetme, meetme.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

The biblical rhetoric isn't even close ot reality. It may be your answer to these events, but it is highly unlikely.
Got something for you to watch, basically lets you know how i personally feel and is poignant to personal opinions.
"Enjoy"....

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Saudi and other Arabs dont get along with Iran and i do recall Saudi threatening war against Israel over Lebonen if they didnt stop the strikes.

and Iran really isnt Palestine or lebonen where Israel can fly sorties and launch a sea blockade, they would face real missiles thrown at their home ground and not some DIY Hamas missiles.

we seen what Hazbullah got and how they used them against the IDF and one of their ships.

hopefully this wont happen. but if it does will be good to see what Isreali leaders think when they have a country actuily fight back.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

allred, I do appreciate the humorous insights provided by the late Carlin.

May I suggest without offending, that one who has gotten into the promises God has made throughout the Bible have been fulfilled very clearly.

Apparently, He takes His promises very seriously.

What many posters refer to is the unfulfilled prophecies that say that:

After being scattered among the nations for many, many generations, they will once again be gathered to the land they were promised back when Moses led them to it. This was absolutely impossible, and then was suddenly made possible because the collapse of the Great British Empire.

And then God promised that once they had their nation again, they would never, ever lose it again.

(Within weeks it was attacked by a powerful coalition. Yet they remain? Coalition after coalition attack, and they remain?)

It was promised that Jerusalem would become a thorn to all nations. (Consider the troubles the UN have had over the past forty years.)

That in the latter days, many nations, named, (basically former Persian Empire nations) will all be compelled by God to come against Israel.

Then it is promised that they will all be destroyed as they come against His people, to show that He keeps His promises and that He is truly their God.

So if I may suggest, don't discount their posts outright. It's actually pretty interesting to see past prophecies, how they were fulfilled, and then to have a look at those still to come.

Ciao!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
this is how it will go...

Phase 1.

US-->> Afghanistan, Iraq

Phase 2

Israel-->> Palestine, Iran

Phase 3 = W W III

All the Arab nations -->> US Israel......

Conclusion--- Muslims fight against christians and jews..

what about the other religions???

my friends, bad days r coming a...i guess 2012 will not be a doomsday rather WWIII..

[edit on 14-1-2009 by metalmush]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join