It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza: Israeli troops reveal ruthless tactics against Hamas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Maybe the citizens of Gaza should themselves shoot every member of Hamas, announce to Israel their success, and toss the bodies out into "no man's land" to prove the point?

I assure you, the shooting would stop.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
RETSEH, Are you serious, the UK pro Islamic where did you get that absurd idea. The axis of evil, UK/US/Israel are the only countries waging war on Islam and anyone else for that matter.

And again I am dismayed at the glee thati s shown for the murder of innocent people in Gaza. I'm sick of all the bull being posted about Hamas and all the ignorant comments made by people who have no understanding of whats going on in the ME and nor do they even want to.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
And again I am dismayed at the glee thati s shown for the murder of innocent people in Gaza.

Well, innocent people wouldn't be getting killed if HAMAS didn't set up rockets and mortars in their back yards.

I can't see how HAMAS is "helping" them, when they just put a target in their neighborhood that will do nothing but allow Israel to rain shiny, sharp bits of hate down on them.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The video on this page demonstrates how lop-sided the reporting is on Israel in the US media.

This is why some people on this board consider the UK to be "pro-Islam". This is utter nonsense. It's just that if you see a more balanced picture, Israel starts to look a lot more like a bunch of Good Germans than the victims.

Over 20 Palestinian children killed for each Israeli child? And usually killed by a sniper bullet to the head?

You don't have to be either anti-Semitic or pro-Islamic to find the idea of soldiers targeting children revolting, and to feel similarly about those who condone such tactics.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Over 20 Palestinian children killed for each Israeli child? And usually killed by a sniper bullet to the head?.

They videos didn't come up for me (probably a block on my work computer), but do they say that Israeli snipers are killing the kids?

You have to ask yourself why? Why would an Army sniper kill a kid, when there are plenty of HAMAS targets to blow away instead. That's why I'm raising the BS flag on this.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I feel Israel gave Palestine a chance in Gaza, they moved out, gave them the land, and gave them a chance.

How nice of Israel to push 1.5 million people from there land into a cosy little strip of land.
I wonder how anyone would feel if the squaters became the landlord and told them that from now on the whole family has to live in half a room and they will be locking the door and giving you all your water, food and medicine as well as electricity.
if you yell out or make a noise we will cut the supplies for a week to teach you a lesson.

I do not agree with Hamas firing the rockets over the wall, but what are people to do when their elected leaders are being targeted and killed by Israel during a cease fire?
desperate people do desperate things, strapping bombs to your body sounds pretty desperate to me.

and as far as saying that Hamas store weapons in Mosques and schools, is this information varified, or is it from Israeli intelligence and more of the same old .
"We are after Suddams WMD's"
"We are after Suddam for his support of Al Qaeda and his links with Osama Bin Laden"
"we are bringing democracy to Iraq! It's a regime change to free the Iraqi people"

we see the same story, just with different actors.

Has anyone thought that Israeli intelligence is flawed or they may even have their own agenda
as long as a Palastinian lives that they will call for the return of their land.
No more Palestinians, no more demands.

you don't kill a population in one go, look at the bad press Hitler got, you do it little at a time.
Dont believe me, ask any indigionous person that has been colonised by a western country.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

You have to ask yourself why? Why would an Army sniper kill a kid, when there are plenty of HAMAS targets to blow away instead. That's why I'm raising the BS flag on this.

For the same reason they plow through peoples homes with bulldozers and blow up UN marked buildings, schools, hospitals, people, etc... Because they have total disregard for the lives of others. The IDF don't even refer to them as human but rather as animals and they treat them in that manner.

Youtube video

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

What you are all missing is this, if the Israelis really wanted to save civillian life it could have called a cease fire and removed allthe ol,women and children from Gaza and then have a fight with the freedom fighters but they have not done that have they. No because they want to kill as many as possible and this is not war this is slaughter. Its obvious many people cannot tell the difference between the two.

How to differentiate from the normal woman, and the fanatic suicidal terrorist.. both wearing a hijab etc..
How to differentiate between a normal teenager, and fanatic AK-47 trigger happy recruit..
How to differentiate between a normal honest breadwinning man, and a Hamas cell leader..

How to filter out these people at the evacuation check points? HOW?!!

The only clean chit can be offered to infants and preteens who cannot possibly pick up a gun or get suicidal..
So do you approve of separating them from their families, and then moving all other people into detention centers, and then doing a piece by piece interrogation of each individual, while simultaneously cleaning out
ALL of depopulated Gaza. Cleaning out the weapons stashes, the rocket stashes etc etc..That would be inhumane too right?

It was very clear from the day Israel stepped in that it would be a very murky, foggy, grey, blurry war where ethics and morality are lost and left on the other side.. Its a total lose-lose situation. Its hell, really..

The right of any indigenous peoples is to protect themselves against an invading or occupying power.

Sure it is.. As long as they are successful in doing it. Because, if they think launching rockets into the oppressors territory will not deter the oppressors; then they are gawd damn daft.. They are risking the lives of their families, their neighbours, their friends and their countrymen.

If one picks a fight with a monster that one cannot possibly defend against or call in allies to defend against, and gambles with the lives of one's loved ones.. then what can we say about them? Freedom Fighters?
I mean.. really.. Launching Katyusha rockets into Israel is really going to force the Israelis to pack up and leave one day? IS IT?!
ITS STUPIDITY!!

If you(addressing the freedom fighters) really want to put Israel in its place, then go build the military ties with your Arab nieghbours. Make sure that you or your neighbours have enough military/economic/social muscle to make Israel wary of doing anything like this again. Go build the N-Bomb in Iran maybe.. Make your ties stronger with the Chinese, Russians maybe.. Invite their 'peacekeeping' forces to your territories..
I dont know.. but launching piddly rockets, conducting suicide bombings, kidnapping IDF personnel etc.. is not going to solve anything..
You will gain no respect from that.. You need to gain the respect and fear of the Israelis.
Unless you do that, they will walk over you .. again and again..as would anyone.

I mean.. lets just get over our apologetic selves.. Is anybody going to stop Israel? Really? The Palestinians, Hamas etc.. they need to start thinking long term.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

For the past 60 years Israel has gradually occupied more and more of the region. They have opressed and killed Palestinians, bulldozed their homes, and driven them out of the country. The Palestinians can either sit back and die as they watch it all happen without retaliation or die trying to protect themself from extinction.

As for the other Arab nations stepping in, this would mean that the U.S would step in and do to them what's happened to Afghanistan and Iraq. Plus everytime one of the Arab nations appears to be advancing either militarily or economically they are sanctioned by the U.S. who hold the majority in UN matters for being "terrorists" or for "weapons of mass destruction" or over claims that they are creating "nuclear weapons".

There is no way out. Israel wont and cannot be stopped unless the international community intervenes and unfortunately history has proved that they wont. So until we live in a civilised world with a humanitarian view this is going to continue for a long time still.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
The video on this page demonstrates how lop-sided the reporting is on Israel in the US media.

That was a really good video. I wish more people would watch it. It shows the bias in the media and explains why so many people seem to justify Israels actions. Because they don't know the truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
They shoot anything at night...

Well if I was stuck in a warzone and the enemy was fast aproaching my hiding spot, I would choose night to flee further. Night; a time when I am less likely to be seen and shot.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
Hmmm!! The reality is..very hostile wartime environment... kids that are brainwashed into being suicide bombers...

The reality is as a soldier...your life comes first!!...and war as bad as it is!! is about winning and saving your own skin..

But one other point ..how come I have not heard these people protest about the bombers!! or try to get them to stop!!

The way I see it Hamas can't control itself or its lunatics!!..or even get any of its lunatic factions to stop lobbing rockets to at least give its poor people a rest!!

This is going to get very messy I feel!!..

The reality is this is a war crime.

The reality is that Israel is consistently breaking international law, refusing media within or monitors to oversee their actions and hold them accountable.

Last night I saw a news report from Egypt, indipendant reporters and groups were at the hospitals witnessing the treatment of wounded children brought out of Gaza.

The medical staff there seemed to be in shock at most of it. There were many children who had been shot in the head, some at close range.

The duty of any soldier is to protect innocent life from their actions and the actions of those they are fighting. It is the job of a soldier to supply aid and protection to civilians caught between the sides.
Every member of the international community has a duty to respect international law and to act in a humanitarian manner in every combat zone when it comes to civilians.

Simply stating that a soldier has a duty to protect himself against anything that moves is not acceptable.

I've just seen that freak of an Israeli spokesperson on Sky news again, and surprise surprise, they've changed their story AGAIN over the bombing of the UN school.
They are now using quotes from the NY Times to PROVE that Hamas were firing from "or in the vicinity of" the school!
If they need to quote a rag paper as their "evidence" they clearly have no validity, especially when they refute the statements made by the United Nations about this, and especially when they refuse to allow the media into Gaza.
A week ago they were stating without restraint that Hamas had fired on them from within the UN school. Now they change their story to include "in the vicinity of".

Whats a "vicinity"? 10 feet, a mile, ten miles?

No surprises here though, Israel is repeatedly on the offensive in Gaza and on the defensive in the media, using anything they can to justify their actions against innocent civilians.

It's good to see Ban Ki-moon finally making clear statements today about what Israel is doing. He's stated that the death toll in Gaza has reached an "unbearable point" and that Israels actions are "outrageous".

When you look at the logistics of this slaughter by Israel, you know their claims of only targeting Hamas don't make sense.
If you are only targeting Hamas, you don't need to fire on UN compounds and UN convoys delivering aid. You don't even need to send in tanks and drop bombs.
Israel has spent years walking into Gaza and shooting/assassinating Hamas. Without murdering hundreds of civilians.
Why couldn't they have done the same on a larger scale with ground troops?

They are not fighting against an military power here, they are fighting against a rag tag group of terrorists firing rockets. They don't have access to equipment, huge stockpiles, technology. They are a bug, and Israel is a military power.

It should not take hundreds of deaths, bombardment from land sea and air, tanks, and massive military deployment to deal with Hamas.
Israel is acting like it is fighting another military power, and using this excuse to kill as many as possible.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

Actually, the media has been putting Israel into a bad guy suit. They never showed the Hamas run children t.v shows encouraging and praising people to die as martyrs for Allah. They never showed how one said they love death as Israel loves life. The media is very liberal and really doesn't report any real news, but news that is one sided and not fully looked into.

reply to post by magicmushroom

Don't read more into the article than what is written. Don't take it out of context. The 'Palestinians' sat back while Hamas ( a terrorist group ) took power. They sat back while Hamas aired children t.v shows with children praising 'martyrs', and saying that they too would love to be a 'martyr' for Allah.
An 11yr old girl is shown in a video about how great it is for youth to blow themselves up. In one video, a guy says 'we love death as they (Israel) love life.'

These are the real victims. The children that are brain washed into believing that they can die for Allah by means of suicide and murder.
An 11yr old girl believing that she can some how do God service by blowing herself up and other children doing the same. It is clear, they do not serve the true God, because the true God is most just, perfect love and most holy.

It is also true that the parents which condone such activity in their youth, and the Hamas group, have what has come to them and is coming. They have effectively dug their own graves long before Israel came into Gaza.

You might even say, they were already dead because they have killed their own conscience and have openly stated that they love death. Now, in their brainwashed state of mind, perhaps they would rather have death than life, than to be under Israel control.

But at the same time, no one put them there. Their ancestors chose to come there. Israel has been a nation for thousands of years.

Muslim invasion started this. So it should be the Muslims apologizing to Israel for their invasion of Israel. And both sides, because none are righteous, both sides need to realize that their enemy is not flesh & blood. And Israel aswell as the Arabs in Gaza, need to embrace the real God so that they can live together as brothers & sisters.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

And again I am dismayed at the glee thati s shown for the murder of innocent people in Gaza.

Well, innocent people wouldn't be getting killed if HAMAS didn't set up rockets and mortars in their back yards.

I can't see how HAMAS is "helping" them, when they just put a target in their neighborhood that will do nothing but allow Israel to rain shiny, sharp bits of hate down on them.

We all agree that Hamas is bad.

They are using tactics that are shameful.

But.. how do we know this?
Israel is the one repeatedly stating that Hamas is firing from these locations and using civilians as shields

While it might be true, and it probably is, I cannot trust a word that Israel utters.
They have consistently lied, consistently falsified accounts of what is happening. There are hundreds of kids dead, hundreds of women. How can anyone trust a word these people say?

There is clear evidence from Egypt that the IDF are routinely shooting children in the head.
How is this possible if they are only targeting Hamas?

I see plenty of BS coming from Israel at every opportunity, all with no evidence for their statements, and plenty of corroborated, witnessed accounts coming from the UN, Red Cross, Egypt and the people within Gaza.

That alone should make anyone question Israel.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Hamas leader states the using of women and children as human shields.
Video

Gaza woman sends her son to die.[Video]

Originally posted by munkey66

How nice of Israel to push 1.5 million people from there land into a cosy little strip of land.

And how nice it was when Muslims invaded Israel and how nice it was for the golden mosque to be built.
Reminds me of the Romans building things to their pagan gods. I'm sure the invading Muslims were welcomed with open arms and kisses. Saracasm aside, both are godless and both have been fighting each other for thousands of years.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

Actually, the media has been putting Israel into a bad guy suit. They never showed the Hamas run children t.v shows encouraging and praising people to die as martyrs for Allah. They never showed how one said they love death as Israel loves life. The media is very liberal and really doesn't report any real news, but news that is one sided and not fully looked into.

This has been going on for 60 years. This is the first time that western media has shown anything to do with what is happening to palestinian children and civilians.

Usually it is about the Israelies as victims while they're killing people and showing the Palestinians as "Terrorists" and "Suicide Bombers". It's never been about survival and either just die. or die trying.

Incase you're still blinded by propaganda and false fact, I think you should actually look back at the proceeding events of what the people of Palestine have been subjected to in the past 10 years just to get a small idea of the situation.

Then ask yourself this, if your whole family was killed. You had no food, money, home and absolutely no reason to live because who and what you lived for was taken from you....what would you do?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated
As for the other Arab nations stepping in, this would mean that the U.S would step in and do to them what's happened to Afghanistan and Iraq.

I disagree..
If Arab nations step in and take some serious backing from other non western powers.. the situation can be controlled by a status quo.. No one would want to get drawn into a long drawn out war; most of all the Israelis. They do what they do now because they've been instigated into it, they see no better way of doing it and they know that no one will really stop them.

The US will not step in unless Israel is being invaded beyond its borders. If say for example, all interested Arab nations were to amass strike armored formations, fly offensive air combat missions close to their border, fire some random shots here and there; Israel would take heed. IT would slow down; maybe stop. Sure things may get a little tense for a while but the Gazans would get a breather. . Its not that simple, but its a lot smarter and forward-looking than lobbing rockets and hurling suicide bombers. That's like throwing stones at a unchained attack dog when you are in his compound.

But frankly, my honest fear is that the Palestinian (and Arab govts) are not capable of that kind of offensive passive-aggressive arm twisting behavior. Why? I have absolutely no idea. Its like someone got em' by the balls so all the can do is conduct these asymmetric proxy wars with jehadis and rockets.
Don't they care for the future of their people? The Gazans die today because of Israeli bullets, but they are cursed for a similar fate for generations due to the idiotic, narrow-minded, even selfish (religiously blinded?) leaders and jehadists that offer Gazans as human sacrifices to forward their misdirected cause.

There is no future in asymmetric and proxy war. The establishments will always prevail due to overwhelmingly superior military power. The only way is by forcing a stalemate between comparable establishments. The sooner the Gazans and Arabs realize the, the faster will their people live a better life.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Obliterated, if I was in that situation I wouldn't point blame on Israel. If any were to blame it be the lazy people in Gaza that don't try to make good with what Israel has given them. Instead of saying they love death and supporting a group that attacks Israeli's and calling it doing God service, they should work for the greater good of their society.
If they're not afraid to die, they should instead take action against their own which work only to brainwash and kill their children.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

Obliterated, if I was in that situation I wouldn't point blame on Israel. If any were to blame it be the lazy people in Gaza that don't try to make good with what Israel has given them. Instead of saying they love death and supporting a group that attacks Israeli's and calling it doing God service, they should work for the greater good of their society.
If they're not afraid to die, they should instead take action against their own which work only to brainwash and kill their children.

I see you speak of a "service to god".....

Is this not what is causing this whole mess??? Israel invades and occupies PALESTINE, strangling three generations of people by herding them in to small areas, cutting off supplies, and killing their children.....because god promised the "holy land" to them???

BS.
The only "brainwashed" people, are the ones who think that Israel can do no wrong because they are the poor little oppressed Jewish people. That is absolutely wrong.

Israel stole the land known as Palestine from the Palestinians because they were "promised" it by their imaginary friend.....so that makes it OK to kill women and children in the name of "defense"????????

I hope someday......Israel realizes that for every one person they kill....they make 25 new enemies. Think about it, these are people. With families. Would you let someone kill your children without any retribution???
I think not.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yes, there are the people in Gaza that claim killing Israeli's is service to God.
There are children t.v shows ran by Hamas that taught how great it is to be a martyr for Allah.
A Hamas leader spoke of using women & children as human shields and that it is a great thing. Video

An 11yr old girl also taught how great it is for a child to blow him or herself up for Allah. Obviously they are serving the wrong God.

I don't say Israel can do no wrong. Ever since they rejected Jesus as the Messiah they have been anti-christ and are in disobedience to God. Israel is a godless nation fighting another godless nation.

The fact remains that Israel was invaded by Muslims. That is how the Gold mosque got there. I'm just giving the facts. Now, as God has used people in the Old and New Testament to carry out His pre-ordained plan, He may be doing that today without us realizing it. So the Muslim invasion could have been His will too. Two wrongs do not make a right and as long as both keep pointing fingers then no progress will be made.
This goes back thousands of years ever since it was Isaac chosen and not Ishmael. The Lord did not even recognize Ishmael as a son of Abraham because the Lord calls Isaac the only son of Abraham.

When you look at it, it's almost like a war of jealousy. And the Qu'ran comes along as part of it. Although Isaac was chosen, there's no reason the descendants of both can't get along.
The descendants of Ishmael have also been blessed. Greed is what hurts those that have been given enough already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join