It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza: Israeli troops reveal ruthless tactics against Hamas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Gaza: Israeli troops reveal ruthless tactics against Hamas

www.timesonline.co.uk

At the first sign of movement in the dark Gaza alleyway, Alon opened fire without hesitation. Snipers liked to operate at night, he said, and the area had been cleared of Israeli troops.

“He could have been advancing to attack,” the Israeli lieutenant explained. “We are treating everything as hostile right now. We were told not to take chances - to shoot rather than ask questions.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Finally proof from an Israeli soldier of the shoot to kill of all Palestinians, men women and children. Shoot at anything thats moves.

I like the bit where the report states that its looks like we bombed the place for years but then goes on to say we did not want to kill civilians, oh really.

Well there you have it, liquidation squads operating in Gaza, the new Einstzgruppen clearing the Ghetto.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What proud soldiers these must be, "that we still are the strongest army in the World" How strong do you have to be to salughter unarmed civillian men women and children. Cowards and murderers the lot of them, they would not last five minutes against real proffesional soldiers.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hmmm!! The reality is..very hostile wartime environment... kids that are brainwashed into being suicide bombers...

The reality is as a soldier...your life comes first!!...and war as bad as it is!! is about winning and saving your own skin..

But one other point ..how come I have not heard these people protest about the bombers!! or try to get them to stop!!

The way I see it Hamas can't control itself or its lunatics!!..or even get any of its lunatic factions to stop lobbing rockets to at least give its poor people a rest!!

This is going to get very messy I feel!!..

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
And another thing if they are not fighting the west or some Jihad...they fight amongst themselves...

Amyway ..thats my opinion..only!!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You only have see those pictures of those babies with bullet wounds to their chests to know this is true. So sad!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I do agree its a ruthless tactic, but you’ve got to look at it as if you were on the ground.

Imagine your a 12yr old boy/girl in Gaza living at home.

The last week you’ve been in your bombproof shelter cowering in a corner with your ma, pa and sister holding each other tight.

You hear the tanks rumbling outside, you hear explosions, you hear Israeli soldiers screaming orders and gun fights.

Now, do you

A. leave your bomb basement and go play with the red ball in the street
B. go walking around the neighbourhood amongst the fighting
C. stay in your bomb proof basement with your family

The way your criticising them, its as if children and women are playing happily in the streets amongst the fighting, and are being killed left right and centre.

I imagine the only young boys/girls walking the streets amongst the fighting are people who are either scouts, or militia.

Normally family types are in hiding or fleeing.

Secondly,

Go look at some photos of the carnage in Gaza,
I’m not seeing whole blocks flattened, buildings are being selected and bombed with munitions smaller than normal.
Out of 1.5M people, only 900 have been killed, that’s not indiscriminate slaughter.

As for the claims of Israeli's putting dozens of refugee's into buildings then destroying it, or them hitting schools, and hospitals and such.. is very questionable.

Israel wouldn’t go to all this trouble to try and make this conflict legitimate, then decide '' hell with it, lets go destroy some hospitals n schools ''
Why cant Hama's plant explosives in the schools and hospitals, detonate it, then blame Israel?

I mean they are filling up their mosques with rockets and weapons..

I always used to be like you, blame one side simply because of who they are.
But there comes a time when you need to accept that sometimes things are done properly, and some times there's mistakes.
I feel Israel gave Palestine a chance in Gaza, they moved out, gave them the land, and gave them a chance.

Instead, the government allowed Hamas to fire rockets uninterrupted, no one did anything for so long. So obviously, Hamas is directly involved in attacking Israel with rockets. Therefore they are a legitimate target.

If Cuba were striking Miami with crude rockets, I have no doubt in my mind Cuba would be a floating wasteland. And all Americans would be slapping each other on their backs praising the glorious defeat..

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Magic..

Israeli soldiers are very good soldiers .and professional...they are very good at doing what a soldier does!!....

And they are doing it very well sadly as the media cannot get in to Gaza!!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
In an urban environment, friendly fire is much too common as one has to adapt the "shoot what moves" during dark.

Ideally, your "lines" are defined, thus anything that moves close enough to be engaged with personal weapons, is usually up to something not in your favor.

First hand, rather kill everything that comes near than find myself dead.

That dead stuff doesn't improve with time.

And if it's me or you - well - I can tell you my intentions.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

You only have see those pictures of those babies with bullet wounds to their chests to know this is true. So sad!

Instinct or propaganda makes you think Israel committed those crimes, but the reality is that no one knows except the people who were there fighting. And maybe even they don't know because bullets have no names.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hello everyone....welcome to another "trash Israel" thread from magicmushroom.....where a complete lack of understanding in real world conflict is displayed and any opposing viewpoints are ignored.

The agenda should be very clear by now.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Hello everyone....welcome to another "trash Israel" thread from magicmushroom.....where a complete lack of understanding in real world conflict is displayed and any opposing viewpoints are ignored.

The agenda should be very clear by now.

Agenda is clear, yes its clear that you are slandering a man for bringing up news regarding the slaughtering of innocent people.

Stop using that old phrase "we are the victims" like style you are using and come with some constructive assesment.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
the slaughtering of innocent people.

Oh, you're another one huh? Conveniently not mention that Hamas has placed its munitions and personnel in civilian areas...intentionally...without regards to the innocents. Who's responsible for their being in harm's way? Hello?

Right back at ya'....how about some constructive assessment?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Many of these bullet holes in civilians causes me a problem. I've seen the Palestinian yahoos hold an AK around a corner, and just spray.

Talk about the gang that couldn't shoot straight!

We've all seen these films. Just a bunch of cowboys spraying fire all over an area. No aiming, no fire discipline, just a bunch of idiots shooting in a general direction.

Ever wonder where all those bullets are going? Apparently, they don't.

Remember Baghdad firing hundreds of thousands of rounds of anti-aircraft ammo up into the air? And did you see films of wounded civilians?

Ever wonder where all those rounds that went up - came down?

Nah. If Israel wanted to kill just to be killing, there would be at least a hundred thousand dead right now.

So this claim of ruthlessness is false.

Although, the fight would be over quicker, with more certainty if they were ruthless.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
What you are all missing is this, if the Israelis really wanted to save civillian life it could have called a cease fire and removed allthe ol,women and children from Gaza and then have a fight with the freedom fighters but they have not done that have they. No because they want to kill as many as possible and this is not war this is slaughter. Its obvious many people cannot tell the difference between the two.

And again I will ask all those brave Americans who think its great that men women and children are being murdered what would they do in the same place. All the bull I hear about what Americans would and would not do if some one attcked them yet when others fight for their rights its wrong , well no your wrong. The right of any indigenous peoples is to protect themselves against an invading or occupying power.

Its a good job these modern Americans wern't around at the time of colonial rule otherwise the US would still be British, well is still is really, what a bunch of wet dreams.

Dooper, so Israel is not killing anyone then is it, its the Palestinians killing themselves is it, whata joke.

Mr. Penny, as Gaza is nothing more than a enclosed densly populated Ghetto where would you want them to store their ammo, out in the middle off nowhere where it would take hours to get to it or close to hand ready for use. The Israeli apologists here on ATS are astounding, especially the American ones who love their guns and gleefully shout that thy would defend themselves if attacked. What hypocrits, they claim that right but deny others of same.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Approx. 6000 Palestinians have been killed since the year 2000.

I think that people should recognise that this is ongoing and not something that has just started. This is gradual ethnic cleansing.

Plus there is the growing occupied territories which have caused much displacement and refugees. These people are being driven out and killed in such a way as to prevent international intervention. A slow process to prevent the rest of the world from noticing.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
called a cease fire and removed allthe ol,women and children from Gaza and then have a fight with the freedom fighters

For real? What world are you living in? This isn't a video game. What fairy tale land is your head floating around in? You can't possibly be so out of touch with reality that you think that is a legitimate suggestion. And referring to Hamas gunmen as "freedom fighters" is so far beyond non-partisan....that it clearly shows your astonishing bias.

they want to kill as many as possible and this is not war this is slaughter

That's stupid.....no one with any ability to reason stands up on their hind legs and spouts such nonsense. Well maybe you....apparently you have god-like powers and have looked into the minds of every Israeli. Anyway, they're clearly incompetent then....a condensed population of 1.5 million people and today's estimated death toll, from Palestinian medical sources, is 1000. This after 19 days of "slaughter"......I guess "slaughter" with modern weaponry is much more difficult than I imagined...

Its obvious many people cannot tell the difference between the two.

No, this is baldly wrong also. The evidence shows that you don't know the difference.

as Gaza is nothing more than a enclosed densly populated Ghetto where would you want them to store their ammo, out in the middle off nowhere where it would take hours to get to it or close to hand ready for use.

Good job. In one post you went from stupid opinions to surreal fiction. Who's the apologist here now? Are you actually trying to defend the practice of using civilian buildings as hiding places for munitions? Serious?

There comes a point when discussion becomes pointless because one party (you) begins to throw stuff into the mix that clearly illustrates something Thomas Jefferson is quoted saying....

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them..."

Your last post consisted of some the most transparent rhetoric I've seen in some time.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Mr. Penny I dn't do rhetoric but you do, one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist. And as we dont know the true figure of casulties no one can truly state what they are as the cowardly Israelis UK/US have a habit of not counting them. I bvious you just another pro ISraeli trying to defend the slaughter. I have seen a few of your replies already and they are full of attcking any one who speaks out againt Israel.

Once again its Ok for Israel to defend itself but no one else, thats the arrogance here of so many, lie down and die and don't fight back. Well people are not going to lie down and they will fight back.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Doubtless taken out of context, this is coming from a pro-Islamic nation after all (the UK).

If Israel were killing Gazans without any restriction, there would be tens of thousands of dead people.

I'm sure the Israelis have some sort of curfew system in effect after dark, and yes, you're going to get ventilated if you go wandering around.

I hope Israel hits Hamas so hard it gives them cause to wail in public for another hundred years.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I do agree its a ruthless tactic, but you’ve got to look at it as if you were on the ground.

Imagine your a 12yr old boy/girl in Gaza living at home.

The last week you’ve been in your bombproof shelter cowering in a corner with your ma, pa and sister holding each other tight.

You hear the tanks rumbling outside, you hear explosions, you hear Israeli soldiers screaming orders and gun fights.

Now, do you

A. leave your bomb basement and go play with the red ball in the street
B. go walking around the neighbourhood amongst the fighting
C. stay in your bomb proof basement with your family

The way your criticising them, its as if children and women are playing happily in the streets amongst the fighting, and are being killed left right and centre.

I imagine the only young boys/girls walking the streets amongst the fighting are people who are either scouts, or militia.

Normally family types are in hiding or fleeing.

Secondly,

Go look at some photos of the carnage in Gaza,
I’m not seeing whole blocks flattened, buildings are being selected and bombed with munitions smaller than normal.
Out of 1.5M people, only 900 have been killed, that’s not indiscriminate slaughter.

As for the claims of Israeli's putting dozens of refugee's into buildings then destroying it, or them hitting schools, and hospitals and such.. is very questionable.

Israel wouldn’t go to all this trouble to try and make this conflict legitimate, then decide '' hell with it, lets go destroy some hospitals n schools ''
Why cant Hama's plant explosives in the schools and hospitals, detonate it, then blame Israel?

I mean they are filling up their mosques with rockets and weapons..

I always used to be like you, blame one side simply because of who they are.
But there comes a time when you need to accept that sometimes things are done properly, and some times there's mistakes.
I feel Israel gave Palestine a chance in Gaza, they moved out, gave them the land, and gave them a chance.

Instead, the government allowed Hamas to fire rockets uninterrupted, no one did anything for so long. So obviously, Hamas is directly involved in attacking Israel with rockets. Therefore they are a legitimate target.

If Cuba were striking Miami with crude rockets, I have no doubt in my mind Cuba would be a floating wasteland. And all Americans would be slapping each other on their backs praising the glorious defeat..

You really think they can afford or have " Bomb Proof Basements " ?????

They are safe nowhere !! even in their homes.

It's not one or the other either it's both.
Yes the soldiers are protecting themselves first but they are also murdering innocent. You can't just say it's one. It's both. It's not black and white. Allways grey area........Always !!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join