It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli politician calls for nuclear strike on Gaza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
An Israeli politician Avigdor Lieberman proposed a "solution" to the war in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday at the Bar-Ilan University.

He said, they should do as the U.S. did with Japan - then they would not have to occupy the country.

Avigdor Lieberman, a member of parliament and the chairman of the Israel Beiteinu party, was speaking at at Bar-Ilan University.

"We must continue to fight Hamas just like the United States did with the Japanese in World War II," Lieberman added.

According to reports in Israeli media, he said the US nuclear strikes had rendered an "occupation of the country … unnecessary."

link to article:
www.maannews.net...

To Dr Mustafa Barghouthi, the Secretary-General of the Palestinian National Initiative, "the Israeli politicians statements disproportionate, such as their bloody actions on our people in Gaza."

"In 1945, US launched two atomic bomb attacks on Nagasaki and Hiroshima, resulting in one of the biggest tragedy in human history that has been condemned many times", added the deputy.

I wonder if this comment will ever make it in our MSM.

To think that a politician would even think or say something like that is amazing. What are they thinking?

For any govt. or entity to think about setting off nukes somewhere in the world is crazy. Nukes affect the whole world - one way or another. But to also talk about annihilating everyone in Gaza - Men, Women and children like that - also says something else.

Oh, one other thing, is this Israel admitting they have nukes now?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Come on, even the US has a couple of loony politicians. Cynthia Mckinney, anybody. Furthermore, nobody directly quotes him as saying that

according to your source.

According to reports in Israeli media, he said the US nuclear strikes had rendered an "occupation of the country … unnecessary."

Where is Gaza Mentioned?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Come on, even the US has a couple of loony politicians. Cynthia Mckinney, anybody. Furthermore, nobody directly quotes him as saying that

according to your source.

Where is Gaza Mentioned?

Bethlehem – Ma’an – Right-wing Israeli politician Avigdor Lieberman proposed a "solution" to the war in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday saying, "Israel won't be secure so long as Hamas is in power, and therefore we need to come to a decision that we will break the will of Hamas to keep fighting."

Right there is where it is mentioned. I don't believe any of our politician's have mentioned nuking a place.

I did not make up the headline either, I used exactly - copied and pasted what came from the news article.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Now we really see the total wacko mindset of the Israeli leadership. Oh sure, go ahead dummies, drop a nuke onto Gaza and cause fallout for a good 3 to 600 mile radius and expect the area to be all ready to go move in and settle, not to mention not expect any reaction or action from the rest of the world.

BTW, the two bombs the US dropped in Japan were not nuclear bombs, they were ATOMIC bombs, and considerably weak ones at that. Compared to even the smallest nuclear bomb that exsists, it would still yield a far worse effect than the two used in 1945.

So Israel wants to justify dropping a nuke onto Gaza, a tiny strip of land that they are now so desperate and totally out of their minds, that they want to use a nuke blanket bomb that will not just take out Hamas, but all of the innocent civilians too?

And Israel calls this defending herself?

Its called GENOCIDE...pure and simple. Their attitude is now of one of outright murder, they took out over 900 innocent civilians so why not take out even more just to go after a few.

They are literally NUTS!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

What will ADL say about this one?

I mean ADL is a human rights organization condemning all racist groups aiming for "Final Solutions"?

Or are they not?

Oh, this was acceptable hate speech. Ok. Just nuke them then! Thank you ADL!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
imo, israel and america are trying to push as many buttons as they can to ensure someone from the arab world retaliates - and then it is all out war.

they don't listen to international law
they don't have respect for any other country
they want war - and are akin to a bully in a playground beating a kid to pulp and threatening anyone who even thinks of stopping it with legal action.

.. and american's are sitting there supporting this all?

oh yeh, monkey see monkey do - right?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

No American's are not just accepting it, but what can we do.

Our politicians do not listen to the people at all. Look at the bailout!

We scream and yell and even demonstrate on the streets, but it has done no good.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

how retarded are they?
anyone see the size of Gaza,

people say if Iran got Nukes they wouldnt care about Palestinian deaths and would use nukes, yet we have Israelis talking about using nukes and in the process kill most their people,
nutters

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Neutron bombs will just depopulate the area. Keep them small, minimize updraft and contamination, and yeah. You just solved one problem.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

curious, would that be classed as mass murder, genocide
or would you support it if the Nutcase gets his way

just curious

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Imagine if Iran or another country said that about Israel, we would be in a war immediately and everyone would be condemning that country.

It is such a double standard, this will be ignored and let slide, but gosh forbid anyone say something like that about them.

What is a shame, this act of Israel (what they are doing in Gaza) will probably now lead us into world war.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I almost died laughing when I read this. I mean, it's like Minneapolis dropping a nuke on St. Paul.

Well, nuking Gaza would end the conflict, there'd be nobody left to fight, on either side.

Who comes up with this stuff?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
From what I read he never called for Israel to nuke Gaza, but rather called for Israel to keep fighting Hamas until they surrender. In order to get Japan to surrender the US had to nuke them, the question is what does Israel have to do to get Hamas to surrender?

Israel's current strategy is to hit Hamas targets hard, and kill civilians along the way. They're hoping that large civilian casualties will pressure Hamas into surrendering, just like Japan was forced to after losing so many civilian casualties.

This seems to be a misguided strategy because the Palestinian people are prepared to die for the cause, also because Hamas is prepared to lose numerous civilians for the cause. In the end, it is Israel that will be forced to withdraw because they are a legitimate government, whereas Hamas is just a terrorist organization.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Any country, even Israel, would cease to exist in less than 30 minutes if it used nuclear weapons for any reason. The U.S. got away with it back during WWII because it was first, it was a new technology, and nobody else had them.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I have serious doubts that this war will lead to a global world war. Sure the rest of the Arab world is sitting by screaming to the heavens and demanding actions against Isreal, but I dont actually see any of them doing anything about it. IMO this will conclude just like the Russian bttle from August. People will cry and complain and demand actions but no one will actually do anything to stop it.

It's political posturing and saber ratteling. Seriously does anyone think Iran will risk anything by getting invilved with this conflict. Thier leader may be paranoid and rather crazy, but he's not stupid.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
i believe once the first nuke takes flight our world is over...they have their underground sht where they can stay for years they dont care about us just think about it... they posion our food, meds, and most of all our youth with vaccinations that are claimed to be helpful. we sold the nukes to israel for that, thats our end as well as israels

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I was thinking the exact same thing....nuke the beach front property; let's not forget...the offshore breeze.

And that's Gaza; the West Bank would be even more fun to nuke I'll bet. I don't think this would even make a bad movie.

---And No - we're not just here 'accepting' anything, unfortunately all our leaders call for are 'civil' protests, but what we need is a revolution to clean out the gutters of our Government, molotov cocktails and a few politicians skinned alive. As that won't be happening, I'm just hanging out and waiting for the nukes to start flying, since my voice is obviously ignored I'm not going to scream bloody murder anymore.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Riviera]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Come on, even the US has a couple of loony politicians. Cynthia Mckinney

Except she is not a nutcase, she is a hero and should really be the true US President. She was on the Gaza relief boat attacked by Israel, she brought to attention the 5000 'disappeared' prisoners with single gunshot wounds to the head and dumped in a swamp during Hurricane Katrina.

And I bet she wouldn't be as loony as to suggest such a thing as this. With statements such as this-

Neutron bombs will just depopulate the area. Keep them small, minimize updraft and contamination, and yeah. You just solved one problem.

we have reprobates of our own on this very thread..

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well, not a big surprise from Avidgor Lierberman, the crazy guy who was appointed back in 06 to ``take care of Iran``... we would have probably seen a nuclear strike on Iran if Bilderberg would have given the go-ahead.

This guy is a russian jew, one of the most crazy in Israel knesset, a little more crazy than Ariel Sharon.

Just go-ahead, nuke Gaza. We'll see what happens to Israel support after that. You can kiss your *** goodbye if you do that.

Any politician supporting Israel after that would be crucified.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Liebermann is the most crazy guy in the Knesset..like the poster before me has said he is much more full of hate than Sharon.. much more full of hate against Palaestinian`s and lots of "usual" arabs who live in or near Israel and in the occupied land.
He would really drop a Nuke on Gaza if he would have the power.

He say words in the public where other countries in the Middle-East for would get UN-Sanctions after 1 day...It`s good that the President of Iran not say things where Israel is only waiting for.
This war was planned to go 1 or 2 days..Levni, Ohlmert and Barak thought that the whole powerful-politians from Hamas would sit in 1 special bunker..So Israel has flown powerful airstrikes against this speial bunker..But who has been in that bunker????? Only 200 absolute innocent policemen..So after the war against Hisbollah there already have been wrong informations from the Mossad.

And after the that plan has failed they used Gaza as weapon test facility..Fire everything on Gaza, no matter how many civilians will die..The more children so better..So tthe next Hamas generation will be a smaller group.

But the Hamas is not so stupid than the Israel politicians thought...No more run from all Hamas fighters to the tanks and soldiers with AK-47 and RPG`s and saying Allah`u Akba.
They now use the same tactic like Hisbollah did.
And nobody knows what for weapons they have if the Israel soldiers and tanks really come to the middle of Gaza-city.

Over the last years Hamas has build a tunnel system which is for every stranger like a labyrinth...600 or more tunnels with lots of crossing tunnels and crossing tunnels from the crossing tunnels.
So Israel will think 100 times if they really send their soldiers to Gaza-city for house to hous fightings..They are afraid that the same happens like against Hisbollah...So last night you could hear a bomb or granade coming down every second....For this 3 people clique in Israel there are only human rights when something like a self made rocket fall on Israel ground.

This 3 who are responsible for this war belong to Den-Haags Crime against human rights judges.

So..enough said for now..Everybody who has Sat. can see what is going on in Gaza and when someone say like :it`s only self defense for Israel...then I can not understand his/hers mind..

Have all a nice day and thanks for the Gaza-Cam-links.

[edit on 14/1/2009 by samier09]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join